Keeping beverages cold

EFC1996

My tip is dont be such a wet wipe that is so prepared they bring all sorts of extra camping equipment just to cover all eventualities. It makes you sound like you lead a very dull existence, like a Mark Corrigan but even sadder. 

Cans get cold in your tent overnight so they are normally chilled in the morning. This is a good time to drink a few. After that, they will warm up, but im afraid that is tough sh*t. Is drinking a lukewarm beer really that terrible? You are in a middle of a field mate. If you really cant handle it, go to the bar and pay £6.50 for a chilled pint of Carlsberg. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gulping Gull said:

My tip is dont be such a wet wipe that is so prepared they bring all sorts of extra camping equipment just to cover all eventualities. It makes you sound like you lead a very dull existence, like a Mark Corrigan but even sadder. 

Cans get cold in your tent overnight so they are normally chilled in the morning. This is a good time to drink a few. After that, they will warm up, but im afraid that is tough sh*t. Is drinking a lukewarm beer really that terrible? You are in a middle of a field mate. If you really cant handle it, go to the bar and pay £6.50 for a chilled pint of Carlsberg. 

You sound pretty edgy.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

😂 chill out mate festivals nearly here

46 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Or take a sturdy coolbox and have ice cold ones all weekend?

48 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

I didn't think you were allowed to drink under 18 years old

49 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Calm down pal it’s not that deep 

17 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I didn't think you were allowed to drink under 18 years old

Tell me more about 'the PPP', sounds really cool? Do you and your little friends run around pretending you are at a mash up in a field which you base your existence around, even throughout the rest of the calendar year? You might want to see someone about that old chum 😉

2 hours ago, JamieKThomas said:

Yes, to the right of the Pyramid when when you're in the crowd. Not sure if it's an ice creeam van, haven't been myself but read on here it's apparently there. 

Here? 

I don't recall anything that side before Mandela, but others will know better. 

FB_IMG_1687189016562.jpg

The place selling ice is further right than that, it's a wee shop that does tobacco products, sweets and some.basic camping equipment. Reliably has stock until at least 12 in my experience. There's another shop with the same people in the markets area, too and a few other places including the co op do ice but stock seems less reliable/ predictable.

Edited by gherkin8r

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

The place selling ice is further right than that, it's a wee shop that does tobacco products, sweets and some.basic camping equipment. Reliably has stock until at least 12 in my experience. There's another shop with the same people in the markets area, too and a few other places including the co op do I've but stock seems less reliable/ predictable.

It's past Mandela bar but not by much

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

The place selling ice is further right than that, it's a wee shop that does tobacco products, sweets and some.basic camping equipment. Reliably has stock until at least 12 in my experience. There's another shop with the same people in the markets area, too and a few other places including the co op do I've but stock seems less reliable/ predictable.

one of the yellow convenience stores then ? 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

one of the yellow convenience stores then ? 🙂 

Yeah you could be right, never really paid much attention to the branding, colours etc. It might just say "shop" or similar and has a board that they put out the front with "ICE" in ice cube style font lol

Edited by gherkin8r