BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

1 minute ago, ogriff said:

I mean, that 2013 decision was one of the best of your life, no?

It definitely felt like the right thing to do that night, but my decision to leave U2 early to watch Primal Scream is up there with the best decisions i've made at Glastonbury

8 minutes ago, ogriff said:

Paired my Bluetooth speaker to the telly to get better sound for AM. Realised that Alex's affected accent is worse loud

Moved over to WizKid, but it's BBK empty

When your DJ says "Move closer to the stage,  we're ready to party" it's not looking good 😞

It is so put on, I don’t know how he doesn’t cringe whenever he speaks! How do his mates/band mates let him get away with it?

• Upvote 1

How do you come on and play this snoozefest of a set after Foo Fighters and Royal Blood just rocked the hell out of pyramid stage. Arctic monkeys do not deserve the hype they've built up.

Its even worse than the Leeds 2009 set right after Prodigy that put everyone to sleep.

Edited by moz4pm

He doesn’t seem settled, probably still feeling unwell? keeps pulling faces at himself when he’s missing the notes too.

Saw them in 2013, and this isn’t a patch so far - which is a shame. Be intrigued to hear from anyone there, how it’s landing with the crowd.

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

It doesn't feel like it's one for the ages with the crowd atmosphere so far. Might be down to the sound on the BBC, might be down to the fact they're saving the bangers for the end of the set, might be down to the fact they're not on top form - not sure watching from home!

I think they will regret not cancelling when the reviews come in for this later. 

Proper ropey, I saw them last year and they were rock solid but this is as poor as it gets for a headline set. 

Just now, reflekting said:

I think they will regret not cancelling when the reviews come in for this later. 

Proper ropey, I saw them last year and they were rock solid but this is as poor as it gets for a headline set. 

I agree with the first point. But on the poor scale we have got Axl tomorrow night

Not helped by a shocking setlist. 40 mins in and they’ve yet to get the crowd really engaged. It’s basics for a headline set - win the crowd over early on with a ‘banger’. 
I think this is the worst Pyramid headliner I’ve seen (on TV at least). 

Edited by st dan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not helped by a shocking setlist. 40 mins in and they’ve yet to get the crowd really engaged. It’s basics on a headline set - win the crowd over early on. I think this is the worst Pyramid headliner I’ve seen (on TV). 

Yep. Needs a Dancing Shoes/Fake Tales/Sun Goes Down. Not even an R U Mine/Do I Wanna Know yet!

Edited by devli

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not helped by a shocking setlist. 40 mins in and they’ve yet to get the crowd really engaged. It’s basics for a headline set - win the crowd over early on with a ‘banger’. 
I think this is the worst Pyramid headliner I’ve seen (on TV at least). 

Didnt see them on TV but one word springs to mind. 

Gorillaz

• Upvote 1