Crew Bars 2023

stuie

16 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I work T&C and just show my band at most bars and it is fine. We normally have Lanyards as well. Very strict though on letting people into T&C bar though.

Will not get you in the temple though, that is queue with everyone else. If there is a queue to get in SE corner, unlikely, you can just walk through the gate by Cabaret and cut that out. Can get to back of IICON through the orchard, but no real advantage there

Unbelievably so- last year was with friends who had T&C lanyards and we had paper bands and they were _still_ sketchy about letting us in...

1 hour ago, WarlyBarly said:

Thanks for that.  What about pyramid or other stage bars.  Anyone ever blag their way in there?

They don't have crew bars as such.

There's the Hospitality bar in Interstage which is not much different from a regular festival bar, except with TVs showing the BBC coverage, and full of people who don't realise that the festival is outside. It's very easy for anyone, even a punter, to blag into that but there's not really any point.

There's also artist green room areas with bars in but 99% of crew won't get anywhere near those as those will be fiercely protected.

Edited by incident

Took us 7 years of working at Glastonbury to realise we could access the Crew Bars with our wristbands... 2022 was such a revelation! Tow & Hitch was the favourite though, perfect oasis in the chaos ❤️

Is there a map out there with the Crew Bars marked? Even for a previous year? I'm sure we only just scratched the surface...

• Upvote 2

Just now, benched said:

Took us 7 years of working at Glastonbury to realise we could access the Crew Bars with our wristbands... 2022 was such a revelation! Tow & Hitch was the favourite though, perfect oasis in the chaos ❤️

Is there a map out there with the Crew Bars marked? Even for a previous year? I'm sure we only just scratched the surface...

Glasto Crew Bars.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 6/8/2023 at 12:49 PM, fred quimby said:

I work T&C and just show my band at most bars and it is fine. We normally have Lanyards as well. Very strict though on letting people into T&C bar though.

Will not get you in the temple though, that is queue with everyone else. If there is a queue to get in SE corner, unlikely, you can just walk through the gate by Cabaret and cut that out. Can get to back of IICON through the orchard, but no real advantage there

Pretty sure that when I had a T&C wristband in 2019 the backdoors to the SE Corner were only up to a certain time at night, they weren't open all the time. That could have changed since though, or I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

From this year’s experience, EPO band gets you in

Maceos (Block 9)

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia)

West Holts Crew Bar

Woodies Crew Bar

The Acoustic Crew Bar, The Green Room (iC&T crew) and The Park Crew bar all needed their own wrist band. In particular I think as artists use those bars also.

Went into Acoustic at 2am one morning and Magic Numbers were playing. 

51 minutes ago, Baby On A Stick said:

Maceos (Block 9)

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia)

West Holts Crew Bar

Woodies Crew Bar

The Acoustic Crew Bar, The Green Room (iC&T crew) and The Park Crew bar all needed their own wrist band. In particular I think as artists use those bars also.

Also Silver Hayes - Loving Arms. 

Just now, waltere said:

Didn't try this year, but the crew bar in the Unfairground has always been fine with EPOs in the past

I danced to a banging jungle dj set until the sun came up on saturday night / sun morning there, then cycling round the site enjoying the quiet - best night ever 🙂

1 hour ago, Baby On A Stick said:

Maceos (Block 9)

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia)

West Holts Crew Bar

Woodies Crew Bar

EPO gets you into The Broke Britain (Unfairground Crew Bar) too.

1 hour ago, Baby On A Stick said:

Maceos (Block 9)

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia)

West Holts Crew Bar

Woodies Crew Bar

Sorry, they were just the ones I got to. Good to know about the others  Think it’s the Park and T&C are the strictest. 

2 hours ago, waltere said:

Didn't try this year, but the crew bar in the Unfairground has always been fine with EPOs in the past

Yeah, they are fine.  The only one that seemed to give out wristbands this year too. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Didn't really bother with crew bars during the event this year.

One of my best decisions, more excitement and enthusiasm among the punters.

The Silver Hayes one was lush and so handy to pop in to for toilets and the bar when at The Levels or Deeply Rooted.

On 6/13/2023 at 7:59 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Is there a rabbit hole crew bar? Or does that just mean that crew don’t queue? 

There is a secondary area which did require a further band possibly, my red rabbit hole band got me back there, and no queue

10 minutes ago, buttonmonster said:

Risk of asking a dumb q… what’s an EPO band? And how do you get one?

A particular type of wristband, usually (but apparently not exclusively) issued to staff camped outside the gate. Volunteering with Oxfam is the easiest way to ensure one.

16 hours ago, GNR said:

Easy pass out, you get one by working. It's to get out of the gates without using the passout system punters use 

AFAIK they're only issued to staff that need to go out of the steel perimeter (e.g. camping). I've never had one in all my years working the festival.