The churnups

a6l6e6x

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

My problem with the Foos is they are a bit safe, they feel like a jack of all trades master of none kind of rock band so to speak. 

They have some good catchy songs but nothing that would enter any top 10 lists ect.

Not to say I wouldn't enjoy seeing them live but I also wouldn't pay for one of their gigs.

Very safe rock band. But they are very popular. If it gets confirmed on the Fri morning it's FF, that field is gonna be rammed with a capital R.

On 5/29/2023 at 12:43 PM, Jamm said:

Checked into the hotel. Bloody knackered, on the go since half two. Will have a power nap and watch Succession before Black MIDI tonight.

Also forget my electric razor. So any tips of places to get a beard trim in a couple days time; please recommend!

37 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Okay, new theory: it's actually Pulp, but using the FF's connections to the world churn, to throw out a red herring?

I would say Dave and Jarvis have just been cooking this whole thing up on Zoom meetings for the last six months. They both like a laugh and don't appear to take the music industry as seriously as some.

Out of upvotes but this is brilliant 😁

10 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

Still hoping Pulp will be there somewhere if not as The Churnups. Nick Banks only denied knowledge of that name. He hasn't said "We're not playing Glastonbury." There are still TBA slots in Woodsies.

Can't let it go, but I need this! 😅

Me too. I've come round to the idea of a hits filled hour of the Foos, albeit if Pulp are still playing somewhere. Against Lizzo in the Park is my hope.

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would certainly be tempting to the people who feel like once you’ve seen the Foos once you’ve seen them a thousand times (me) 

I'm in the 'seen them 5 times, hasn't bothered seeing them in 15 years since' cohort

Really would rather it be Pulp

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Lizzo v Maneskin is already a brutal enough clash without adding Pulp in, good grief 

I would take Pulp over almost anyone at this rate in the undercards for any of the main 5 stages. I'm not a huge Lizzo fan and Maneskin would be good, but if it's my only chance to see Pulp then I'd have to take that chance.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Given that Pulp are pretty friendly with the festival, I still can't but help they must be on the line-up somewhere. I mean, come on...

Yeah tbh it still makes far more sense for it to be Pulp, and we were literally predicting that something like this was gonna happen with Pulp, so would be strange if it turns out to be somebody else, but I’m not gonna argue with people’s made up band name sleuthing. Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

Thinking through the list of acts missing from the lineup there’s a whole heap of people who make more sense than the Foos in that slot. Blur are still free and as friends of the fest would surely agree to not be in announced in advance, to avoid taking the limelight off the headliners. Alternatively The 1975 ‘churn’ out records at a fair rate of notts 😉 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Thinking through the list of acts missing from the lineup there’s a whole heap of people who make more sense than the Foos in that slot. Blur are still free. Alternatively The 1975 ‘churn’ out records at a fair rate of notts 😉 

Objection! They only churn them out at a medium rate! 😅

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

This is really reminding me of the time at Reading when everyone swamped the smallest stage there because a band on the lineup had a two-word name beginning with Fs and everyone was convinced it was going to be Foo Fighters.

They were very much asking for it by calling themselves The FFers. 

Always wondered, did they ever do anything else beyond that, perhaps under a different name, or was that Reading set their single 15 minutes before they called it a day?

24 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What's gonna happen when Royal Blood find out they're just being used as a buffer between two much better bands/sets 😅

Get ticked off, I assume.

The old friend-of-a-friend rumour mill tells me they have a rather high impression of themselves. I would not be strictly surprised.

Maybe they'll sack it off. Dave has to come back out and play for another hour. He proceeds to fall into his anecdote trap. Half the Pyramid field falls asleep. The rest nod off during the first half-hour of Arctic Monkeys. Glastonbury is swept into catatonic fever.

Only Rick Astley can rouse them from their slumber where they stand on a Saturday morning, playing his outstanding mash-up of Take Me To Your Heart with We Found Love. The crowd rises, roars, proclaims a new saviour. Guns N' Roses are booted from the headline spot that very night. Rick Astley returns again, for a love-in of Woodstockian proportions.

See? See the damage delights Royal Blood having a tantrum could have? 😁

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Thinking through the list of acts missing from the lineup there’s a whole heap of people who make more sense than the Foos in that slot. Blur are still free and as friends of the fest would surely agree to not be in announced in advance, to avoid taking the limelight off the headliners. Alternatively The 1975 ‘churn’ out records at a fair rate of notts 😉 

Blur aren’t really free though. 

Pulp will be one of the other TBAs I'm sure. 

But my money would go on The Churnups being Foo Fighters at this moment in time. I'm not the Foos biggest fan at all. But I would like to see them. I just love the thought of DG loving the festival so much that he's just like "let's just mix it up and play in the middle of the afternoon for fun." It's just a brilliant attitude for a band of that stature to take that stance and not be big time. Could be just what GFL needs too. I'm totally here for it 😊 The Pyramid field can hold the crowd and there'll be loads of people who have seen them before who won't bother.  Love love love the speculation regardless

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

So I’m going to have to buy a ticket for the Gabriel’s gig in Bristol in July with the news about the Foos. 
Not going to miss them again. 
2015 Dave broke his leg. 2017 stupidly watched the Jackson’s. 2019 at Reading had to come home for step grand daughters christening on the Sunday. Had tickets for last years Olympic stadium gig!
Will be amazing if it’s them. 

Update. Ticket bought for Tuesday 7th July in Bristol. £24 to include the new album 😀

23 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Given that Pulp are pretty friendly with the festival, I still can't but help they must be on the line-up somewhere. I mean, come on...

Could say the exact same about foos

40 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Must be a supergroup of some sort, surely? Or why wouldnt it just be a TBA? 

If pulp or foos agree to do a secret set and want to be called a silly name you won't say no

acts have played under fake names before e.g. Aphex Twin as DJ AFX