Pilton Palais

Crazyfool01

Throughout my 9 Glastonbury’s I’ve never sat and watched a film despite always planning to. 
A Thursday showing of The Wickerman should change this. 
‘’Now come…..it’s time to keep your appointment… with the Wickerman. 

This is one of the line up posters I have been most looking forward to. Some great choices there. Looking forward to Wednesday and Thursday nights at the Palais. Can't wait! 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

There are days/times for all the films other than Spiderman, so I'm guessing that's the Saturday 12:30pm "suprise" and it wasn't supposed to be on the poster 😂

Spider-Man Multiverse 2 gets released on 1st June. So don't think that would be the surprise. Unless it is. They are popular films so maybe they have a 3D showing or something!?! 

11 minutes ago, sime said:

Spider-Man Multiverse 2 gets released on 1st June. So don't think that would be the surprise. Unless it is. They are popular films so maybe they have a 3D showing or something!?! 

It's disappeared from the poster, so it'll be a surprise for anyone who wasn't paying attention earlier 😂

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It's disappeared from the poster, so it'll be a surprise for anyone who wasn't paying attention earlier 😂

Has it!!! When are the 'surprises' being announced?

Seriously rate the first Spiderman multiversr cartoon though. Its really great, will be handy if the second one is on one lunchtime because it'll be perfect timing for us to chill for a bit and also saves us having to buy tickets to the cinema!! My husband and son are dying to see it

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

47 minutes ago, Simsy said:

😅

A couple of influential films being shown that were part of my teenage years, Wicker Man and A Clockwork Orange. Pre home video times and saw them both on their original release in the cinema. Despite being X rated it was relatively easy for a 14 year old to get in. I had a couple of friends who became obsessed with a clockwork orange, wearing Crombie coats, boots, eye make up like the characters. A teenage fashion called Suedeheads evolved from skinhead culture with the same football violence etc. I can understand why Kubrick withdrew the movie for years. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

12 hours ago, The Toxic Avenger said:

For those interested in such things, the fact that 'King Rocker' is down as a Q&A opens the possibility that Stewart Lee and/or The Nightingales might be at Glastonbury this year.

"If you haven’t watched it yet, this is your chance and if you did, then it’s your chance to meet Stewart Lee and Michael Cumming when they join the post-screening discussion."

From the website!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/pilton-palais-cinema/

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, 1986 said:

For those who have done it is t a good film watching experience? I have an image of other outdoor cinemas where everyone talks over it and you hear the thudding from the stage next door etc.

It's a tent that does a surprisingly decent job of shutting out the outside world as best could be expected from a tent.

Nice and dark and cool which was a nice reprieve from the sun in 2019, the carpet isn't very comfy though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Scrump said:

"If you haven’t watched it yet, this is your chance and if you did, then it’s your chance to meet Stewart Lee and Michael Cumming when they join the post-screening discussion."

From the website!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/pilton-palais-cinema/

Thanks - well spotted.  So no Nightingales, but any chance to see Stewart Lee is not to be missed for us self-loathing Guardian readers.

15 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also, the Candyman film is the 2021 version. Thought it was gonna be the original!

Didn't know the remake is a 15? A horror with a 15 rating!? Like making a BLT with vegan bacon.

image.png.1ad13e1ad70b666a2061345411d455c3.png

It's rare these days any films are rated 18, no money in it.