Ultimate Check list! ✔️

Bike_Like_A_Mum

Let's create a conclusive list of things you HAVE to see/do/eat to say you've had the full Glasto Experience...

I'll start with just a few...

1. Cheer the sunset

3. Hug multiple random people

4. Take part in some kind of healing fields ceremony/workshop

5. Dance until the sun comes up at least once

6. Eat and sing with the Hare krishnas

7. Send a postcard home

8. Make something in the craft fields 

Continue....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1. Enjoy a  Growler or Big Dog
  2. Queue up for, but fail to get into the Secret Piano Bar
  3. Queue up for, but give up before getting into the Rabbit Hole
  4. Drop something valuable into a toilet
  5. Lose an item of footwear in deep mud
  6. Forget seeing bands, but go and listen to cheesy music in a bar and end up joining a conga line  (aye aye aye).
  7. Forget where your tent is because you remembered an eye-catching flag nearby that has since been removed...
  8. Forget to lock the cubicle door and have it opened by a stranger mid-shit.

Not sure I'm getting this, but all things that have happened to me and / or friends.

• Thanks 1

Just now, maelzoid said:
  6. Forget seeing bands, but go and listen to cheesy music in a bar and end up joining a conga line  (aye aye aye).
  7. Forget where your tent is because you remembered an eye-catching flag nearby that has since been removed...

Not sure I'm getting this, but all things that have happened to me and / or friends.

Ah, the alternative reality vs Instagram Glastonbury list 😂

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Let's create a conclusive list of things you HAVE to see/do/eat to say you've had the full Glasto Experience...

I'll start with just a few...

1. Cheer the sunset

3. Hug multiple random people

4. Take part in some kind of healing fields ceremony/workshop

5. Dance until the sun comes up at least once

6. Eat and sing with the Hare krishnas

7. Send a postcard home

8. Make something in the craft fields 

Continue....

I've only done one of those. Do I have to cancel my ticket?

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Now we're talking. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I've still never been there. Might try and keep hold of @bennyhana22's coat tails and let him drag me there this year

It. Is. A. Vibe.

Best venue in the festival, in my humble opinion. 

Sadly for @bennyhana22, I don't think there's much on offer in there, this year. SPFDJ might be a little too intense for the old fella... 😉

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It. Is. A. Vibe.

Best venue in the festival, in my humble opinion. 

Sadly for @bennyhana22, I don't think there's much on offer in there, this year. SPFDJ might be a little too intense for the old fella... 😉

You cheeky bugger.

1. Agreed - dancing in The Temple as the sun comes up is magical - it is dependent on the set, mind you. Last year the vibe was very much people kind of just being there because they felt they should, one of the mornings

2. I have the SPFDJ set on the long list with a firm pencil

3. I don't think they'll give her a sunrise set - she's better suited to a 2-3am slot; Monika Kruse, on the other hand, was a terrific into-the-light set, a few years ago

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's only fun if you know the lyrics

😄

It's not the word count that's the issue, it's the duration (So I read):

Hold the bead between your thumb and 'middle' (or second) finger of your right hand and quietly say Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Chant this mantra on every bead until you have chanted on all 108. This is called one 'round'.

• Thanks 1

• Get impossibly, ridiculously lost at least 2 times and let that journey take you to places you never even knew existed
  • Forget to put on suncream and wonder why you suddenly feel like a bag of ass in the afternoon
  • take a walk around the SEC and the stone circle at 6am in the morning and look for the most ruined person you can.  if you can't find one, it is because it is you (sidenote: you have to have been awake through the night for this one, no cheating and getting up early specifically for this one).
  • Watch Beans on toast every day whether you like him or not*

*one of our friends detests BoT with a passion so we made a game of getting him to watch one of his sets every day to see his absolute disappointment and fury when he realises what he's about to watch.  It never got old (even if BoT eventually did).

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

😄

It's not the word count that's the issue, it's the duration (So I read):

Hold the bead between your thumb and 'middle' (or second) finger of your right hand and quietly say Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Chant this mantra on every bead until you have chanted on all 108. This is called one 'round'.

Ahhhh, so there are three, @Bike_Like_A_Mum!

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:
  • take a walk around the SEC and the stone circle at 6am in the morning and look for the most ruined person you can.  if you can't find one, it is because it is you (sidenote: you have to have been awake through the night for this one, no cheating and getting up early specifically for this one).

This reminds me of leaving the SE corner one Monday morning at about 6am.

I was among hoards of people heading towards the stone circle, when a security guard stopped me and inquired as to why I was the only one who looked "normal".

• Upvote 1