The Common 2023

stuie

Loved the Rum Shack last year but probably won't be spending much time there this year what with having the kids in tow. May take them early doors at some point for a wander around the area, you never know.... The surprise set from the beat box collective on Wednesday night during the fireworks last year, they would have absolutely loved and was a fine vibe for families too. But you have to be in the right place at the right time for stuff like that. 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

13 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Looking forward to ??? but no so much for ???

FB Slim will be one of them.

Annie Mac has said she's playing the festival but no date/time/stage specified as of yet, so if I had to guess I'd say her and FBS b2b could be one of them.

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Any proper genuine old school jungle/DnB in that line up?

Not reaaalllyy, plenty of "new" jungle and dnb but not much authentic old stuff in that lineup.

30 years of V Recordings will play some.

Altern8 b2b Shadow Child did a "History of Rave" set at Shindig last year but it wont exclusively be jungle/dnb.

After a quick scan through Silver Hayes: Nia Archives is your best bet thus far for authentic new and old jungle.

Edited by Harry3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

FB Slim will be one of them.

Annie Mac has said she's playing the festival but no date/time/stage specified as of yet, so if I had to guess I'd say her and FBS b2b could be one of them.

Ah, yes! That sorts out his personally confirmed set in the Temple.

What about the Mezyard? Brand new venue, I'm presuming...

Ben

5 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Do we think there is any chance of a Four Tet/Fred Again.../Skrillex B2B in there?

Fred Again/Skrillex much more likely than Fatboy Slim/Annie MAC

I imagine Annie MAC would be somewhere on the Glade and Fatboy Slim somewhere in Shangri-La

Just my opinion, don't know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Although a Fred Again/Skrillex b2b would be massive so would definitely be best to keep it somewhat secret

8 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Not reaaalllyy, plenty of "new" jungle and dnb but not much authentic old stuff in that lineup.

30 years of V Recordings will play some.

Altern8 b2b Shadow Child did a "History of Rave" set at Shindig last year but it wont exclusively be jungle/dnb.

After a quick scan through Silver Hayes: Nia Archives is your best bet thus far for authentic new and old jungle.

In my experience "new" jungle ain't jungle at all.

I love what I've heard by Nia Archives. There's a couple of others on in SH I'm interested in as well.

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Fred Again/Skrillex much more likely than Fatboy Slim/Annie MAC

I imagine Annie MAC would be somewhere on the Glade and Fatboy Slim somewhere in Shangri-La

Just my opinion, don't know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Although a Fred Again/Skrillex b2b would be massive so would definitely be best to keep it somewhat secret

I don't think there's any way they would try to do that in the Temple.

Like all secret sets these days, it would not be secret, and the crowd issues of people pouring down to the Temple to try to get in would be a disaster.

(not that I'd be one of them!)

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, yes! That sorts out his personally confirmed set in the Temple.

What about the Mezyard? Brand new venue, I'm presuming...

Ben

Mezyard was the little bar outside the Temple last year I think? But maybe expanding it to where Cave/Samula was?

Just now, themunn said:

Mezyard was the little bar outside the Temple last year I think? But maybe expanding it to where Cave/Samula was?

Thanks.

I mean, there has to be a third proper venue. You're not going to get all on that poster in just the Rum Shack and the Temple...

Ben