williams green ... carhenge

Crazyfool01

Read into it how you see fit but Williams Green is now absent from the list of areas on the right hand side of the page. Guess this means it's definitely gone but hopefully the acts and stage can be accommodated elsewhere?

I hope there is some music or something going on.

I am getting tired of places that look good , but have no use. ie glastonbury on sea.

you walk around going ooh ahh look it's amazing . then never go back 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

I hope there is some music or something going on.

I am getting tired of places that look good , but have no use. ie glastonbury on sea.

you walk around going ooh ahh look it's amazing . then never go back 

Once every 36 years? 

It was very well received before. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Once every 36 years? 

It was very well received before. 

was it a one off. if so I can see that it woudl be. if there are things going on all weekend, music bars,  i can see it being amazing , I  don't want to get there walk around and think it looks great . then never go back.   that would be a tragic waist of space

• Upvote 1

im quite excited to see what this brings .... I know its change and might not be what we are used to .... but decisions are made for a reason . everyones suffering from the economic issues at the moment , Glastonbury will be no different . Today is a perfect day to get to the polls and make a difference . Lets hope the trimming of the budgets ensures Glastonbury continues to thrive into the future 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im quite excited to see what this brings .... I know its change and might not be what we are used to .... but decisions are made for a reason . everyones suffering from the economic issues at the moment , Glastonbury will be no different . Today is a perfect day to get to the polls and make a difference . Lets hope the trimming of the budgets ensures Glastonbury continues to thrive into the future 

Absolutely with you 👏🏼

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lets hope the trimming of the budgets ensures Glastonbury continues to thrive into the future 

Yep,  I'll take a whelming Glastonbury if it guarantees the future of the festival. 

The place will still retain it's magic and the people who fill it, even if there's a little reduction in stages

If they are using the cars that had for the Cinema thing, then I might pop over soon, there were a few there that had better panels and engines than some of my own project cars, wonder if JR would be up for a trade  🙂

Edited by paulshane

this was the last one I remember, 1997:

image.png.3164b1e0298d7faa93ab654dd01bd5c0.png

mad thing is, prices of these have gone up so much, those would be well worth rebuilding today, but back then they were worth nothing, my current '78 cost me £300 in 2002, would be £7000 upwards today, £30000 if it was shiny.

56 minutes ago, paulshane said:

this was the last one I remember, 1997:

image.png.3164b1e0298d7faa93ab654dd01bd5c0.png

mad thing is, prices of these have gone up so much, those would be well worth rebuilding today, but back then they were worth nothing, my current '78 cost me £300 in 2002, would be £7000 upwards today, £30000 if it was shiny.

4 x bay windows there is a shocker these days .... I reckon they could sell them off to city kids after the weekend so they can set up upmarket street food outlets next year! 🙂

I'm excited to see it. I rarely went to Williams Green unless it was for food but I can understand people's disappointment in losing a stage that showcased a lot of music. Onwards and upwards though.

Let's resurrect the "spoiler" thread for site builds though. I'm one of those who likes to be surprised when I arrive on site, rather than see pictures of it over the next few weeks. I'll never forget when I first set eyes on IICON.

• Upvote 3