Resale Payments?

Danny T

6 minutes ago, Danny T said:

Hi guys, just a quick one. With the new payment process, what would happen to tickets if those who did manage to secure tickets today, fail to make payment before the end of tomorrow. Would this result in another small resale?

Answer is we don’t know . But they could be absorbed into hospitality … they might be resold but we haven’t had any secret resales since 2016 from the glasto thingy 

88C49487-3346-45DB-A2BE-FAFADD65366A.png

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Answer is we don’t know . But they could be absorbed into hospitality …

They could not. At least not without violating the licence.

They could be resold as regular non-hospitality tickets but to a pre-determined list of people though which I guess is what you mean.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

isnt the licence for numbers onsite ?  

It breaks down different ticket types. Hospitality tickets are designated to come from the 63,000 "staff" (in reality covering much more than just staff) number. The 142,000 public tickets are designated to be just that.

6 hours ago, incident said:

They could not. At least not without violating the licence.

They could be resold as regular non-hospitality tickets but to a pre-determined list of people though which I guess is what you mean.

I’d agree that that’s how any further non paid up regular tickets will be absorbed as the process has been underway for a week or so already 

Out of interest, does anybody know why the secret resales stopped post 2016? Was there ever any inside knowledge as to what changed? Guessing the festival just got better at pre-accounting for returns up to the final May deadline, but it’s always intrigued me as to what kinds of numbers were sold in those resales. I know that personally I sorted at least 2 tickets every year for friends between 2013 and 2016 via that method.

8 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

Out of interest, does anybody know why the secret resales stopped post 2016? Was there ever any inside knowledge as to what changed? Guessing the festival just got better at pre-accounting for returns up to the final May deadline, but it’s always intrigued me as to what kinds of numbers were sold in those resales. I know that personally I sorted at least 2 tickets every year for friends between 2013 and 2016 via that method.

I reckon that any tickets that become available now after the official resale will be used for unexpected requests from bands or maybe the festival has a reserve list of guests etc. I can’t see secret sales ever happening again. But it won’t stop speculation and folk checking every day! 

9 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

Short answer is no - very much amongst things not disclosed. 

As you may recall they could be the most brutal and tricky of all. 

In my case I had two minutes to make a decision and then got coach tickets from London, which I travelled to from Bristol on the train.  So I was delighted of the last chance of a ticket, but they were mostly sub-optimal. 

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Short answer is no - very much amongst things not disclosed. 

As you may recall they could be the most brutal and tricky of all. 

In my case I had two minutes to make a decision and then got coach tickets from London, which I travelled to from Bristol on the train.  So I was delighted of the last chance of a ticket, but they were mostly sub-optimal. 

Which begs the question: what’s the furthest any U.K. eFester has needed to travel to their coach back to the festival? 

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Which begs the question: what’s the furthest any U.K. eFester has needed to travel to their coach back to the festival? 

Yes, I've certainly seen some discussion and strong opinions about coach resale. 

About the same time I had some come up for Glasgow or Edinburgh, so 370 miles was not appealing. 

Of course there are plenty of folks who come from overseas each year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

My friend got me mine but forgot that I had recently moved to London so picked Leeds (where I used to live) for me. So I'm having to travel up North just to come back down South again, needless to say though it'll be 100% worth it and I'm still very grateful to the person and only have myself to blame for not stating which coach locations I wanted to go from in the first place!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey01 said:

My friend got me mine but forgot that I had recently moved to London so picked Leeds (where I used to live) for me. So I'm having to travel up North just to come back down South again, needless to say though it'll be 100% worth it and I'm still very grateful to the person and only have myself to blame for not stating which coach locations I wanted to go from in the first place!

Outstanding!

Podcast, few drinks, lovely!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

This won't win...but last year a guy I work with had two mates bag coach tickets in the resale from Southampton...we all live in or near Oxford.

Tues evening, they drive down to Southampton, pay for a hotel for the night and a weeks parking somewhere close by, next morning cab to the coach departure point, go to the festival, Monday AM, back on the coach to Southampton, another cab from the drop off point to their car, then drove from Southampton back home to Oxford. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:41 PM, naivetyplay said:

I've got a vague memory that something was actually said about this. It may have been a response on Twitter or Instagram but I'm sure I read they would just absorb any unpaid tickets into friends and family.

8 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

This year my mate and his mrs has coach tickets from Truro, we live in Liverpool 

The irony of the fact that the coach tickets are supposed to be a way of reducing the carbon footprint of those travelling to the festival, but are regularly bought by people who then have to travel huge distances to get to that coach can’t be lost on the festival organisations, surely?

A few years ago two of us were staying in Tangerine and travelled there by car on the Wednesday, my mate from Wales and me from Hampshire.  However, we had coach tickets from Bristol on the Thursday morning.  So we set up in Tangerine, could see the fence and hear everyone going in, but we had to walk round the site to Gate A to try to get a bus in the blazing sun.  Eventually we got the shuttle to Castle Cary, which was a strange experience, as everyone was going in the opposite direction (naturally), and we got a train to Bristol, where we had a Travelodge booked.

Next morning, we joined all of the other excited coach passengers and made the journey back again.  

I don't understand why GFL don't allow coach tickets to be bought without selecting a departure point, then when the balance is paid to ask people to select from a list. 

hey can then send the appropriate amount of coaches based on the amount of requests for that point.

• Upvote 1