Silver hayes 2023

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'll admit that when SH drops I know roughly one name - Fatboy Slim. Who is ace btw, saw him headline Sziget back in 2009. But the rest is always a bit overwhelming, not sure where to start etc.

Is YouTube a better medium for listening because you get whole sets? Or Spotify and just listen to random songs?

I've just added about a hundred songs to my queue on Spotters from mentions in this thread, really liking Ben Bohmer so far.

I'm really glad for fans of the music SH puts on that the line-up seems to be so positively received this year as opposed the last few years - I've been on these boards for a while and SH always came up as an area needing a revamp, despite it only being a decade old anyway.

As someone else said Soundcloud is great for listening to full sets 🙂 Because not all DJs are producers they won't always have their own music or songs to listen to so Spotify likely not your best bet. A lot of DJs will have radio shows though which is a good place to start, and those will be posted on soundcloud. Not sure what kind of thing you're after but the Hessle Audio trio (Ben UFO, Pangaea and Pearson Sound) will all have loads of sets on Soundcloud for example. Amaliah has a really good radio show on Rinse Fm. 

If you let me know the kind of thing you like (house, techno, garage etc.) I'd be more than happy to suggest some things off the line up that you might like! 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do you mean last year's Sonic, or the ridiculous silver family pod tent? Last year's was ok! We had a lot of fun seeing Sofia Kourtesis in there. 

Ben

I was last there in 2013 so the "old" one. Failed ticket attempts and a child have stopped me going in the meantime. So can't wait for this one!

On 4/14/2023 at 11:06 AM, RossTC said:

Franc Moody on the Lonely hearts stage will be absolutely classsss! Well worth checking out.

Thanks for pointing this out as I certainly would have missed

Kept seeing ads for them to do a Brixton show end of last year which really surprised me (and obviously never happened!)

On 4/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Two trqcks from each, tried to do most popular and latest release. 

I’ve just had a ‘like’ from Brave Sir Robin for my playlist. From you, Sir, that is incredible praise. You have provided the soundtrack to my Glastonbury preparation for so many years. I am humbled. But I also wanted to use this as an opportunity to say a massive thank you for your playlists of the past! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I’ve just had a ‘like’ from Brave Sir Robin for my playlist. From you, Sir, that is incredible praise. You have provided the soundtrack to my Glastonbury preparation for so many years. I am humbled. But I also wanted to use this as an opportunity to say a massive thank you for your playlists of the past! 

@Brave Sir Robin

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Sundance said:

As someone else said Soundcloud is great for listening to full sets 🙂 Because not all DJs are producers they won't always have their own music or songs to listen to so Spotify likely not your best bet. A lot of DJs will have radio shows though which is a good place to start, and those will be posted on soundcloud. Not sure what kind of thing you're after but the Hessle Audio trio (Ben UFO, Pangaea and Pearson Sound) will all have loads of sets on Soundcloud for example. Amaliah has a really good radio show on Rinse Fm. 

If you let me know the kind of thing you like (house, techno, garage etc.) I'd be more than happy to suggest some things off the line up that you might like! 

Thanks for the tips! Never really understood the benefit of SoundCloud, been using Spotify for years, feel like they have a total monopoly of my music! Ha!

I'm liking a lot of what I've heard from Ben Bohmer, Ewan McVicar, and Camelphat so far, and def gonna check out SH more than I've ever done in the past if I'm lucky in the resale!

I have listened through the Silver Hayes lineup, despite not being a big fan of dance music (which rules out pretty much any DJ, for example).  I've picked out Erika de Casier, Fin Foxell, Joesef and Olivia Dean as acts I'd be interested in seeing. They're all on Saturday at The Lonely Hearts Club, so I'm hoping they're all together rather than being spread through the day/night. If last year is anything to go by, it looks like they schedule live acts during the daytime so I might be lucky in that regard.

Edited by FrankieX
clarifying "daytime"

Right so I've been been working on this Silver Hayes DJ Set mega file over the weekend.

I've got the majority of acts from The Levels, The Lonely Hearts and The Wow stages so far.

There's a Youtube live set for each artist, or a Spotify link to the artist where that wasn't possible. As well as that a Soundcloud or Mixcloud link for some of the DJs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1017Kc0mlknBUjMgbr_g9Y_ghU7YEv6ph/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=102654520778015346586&rtpof=true&sd=true

It's a work in progress as I've still got to add the Firmly Rooted DJs/acts and some more Soundcloud/Mixcloud links, but there's plenty to get you all started. 

Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13

Some of those LHC acts are going to be absolutely chocker. Dimension and Hedex will be crazy busy - as will thursday jyoty of course. could see Eliza Rose very busy too being on thursday

and hessle audio in Wow!!

that friday Levels lineup is absolutely ridiculous too, said it once will say it again.

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

Some of those LHC acts are going to be absolutely chocker. Dimension and Hedex will be crazy busy - as will thursday jyoty of course. could see Eliza Rose very busy too being on thursday

and hessle audio in Wow!!

that friday Levels lineup is absolutely ridiculous too, said it once will say it again.

Definitely think the intention is to spread the crowd out as much as possible this year, even moreso than previous years.

There's already enough on the Silver Hayes lineup to keep me in the same field every night, and we still have all of Shangri-la, plus Arcadia, Glade, San Remo and Arcadia to come. 

I had faith that the smaller areas - particularly the late night ones - were gonna pull this card around. I reckon that's gonna be the case.

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Liking this, taken from the website posted above. 

When Abba kicks in and the audience goes nuts. I want that.

Yeah it’s so so good. 

He was due to play last year but was a no show (can’t remember why).

Hope he makes it this time. 

On 4/15/2023 at 2:51 PM, Alcatraz said:

Thanks for pointing this out as I certainly would have missed

Kept seeing ads for them to do a Brixton show end of last year which really surprised me (and obviously never happened!)

Think they played Hammersmith a few weeks ago, just after i saw them.

Enjoy you certainly wont regret catching them!

Where is the progressive house and breaks in all this???? Severely lacking unless there are some DJs I'm not familar with. Pretty Girl and Ben Bohmer aside on the house side I suppose.

Edited by rgalbraith

10 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Where is the progressive house and breaks in all this???? Severely lacking unless there are some DJs I'm not familar with. Pretty Girl and Ben Bohmer aside on the house side I suppose.

Loads of people playing breaks at the moment so even if an artist isn't necessarily known for playing breaks and garage there's a high chance they'll play that kind of thing because it's popular at the moment. You'll defo find breaks on that line up though, check out the label EC2A - they're doing a takeover on firmly rooted

I must say im very happy with SH line up. Team love have pulled a whopper out the bag!!1

The levels on thursday with shanti celeste b2b danielle and Paranoid London, and then Daphni and saoirse on the sunday

The lonely hearts club line up is a mad one on saturday with Daniel avery amongst earl sweatshirt, erika de casier and Helena Hauff!

The biggest for me is The WOW stage. Friday night is a killer line up from start to finish. If youre into your undeground house and techno then thats the place to be on Friday. Fair play to team love for booking DJ Masda and Fran Del Garda as well as liquid earth (formerly Urulu) b2b Huerta. Saturday night with 20 years of phonica and DMX crew involved. Finally sunday as well with picnic day time takeover and Hamish and Toby killing it in the evening. 

Hoping for minimal clashes to get myself over to Silver Hayes as much as possible.

1 hour ago, rgalbraith said:

DMX crew will be playing alot of breaks no doubt