Circus Big Top Stage

filmguy

Hello you beautiful eFests people, I'm making a short film about the Circus Big Top Stage at Glasto and need a few 5 words or less quotes on what you think of the CBT stage please. If you've spent any time in there and have a comment about your experience it would be very much appreciated.

I'm really intrigued about this area. It's not something I even knew about until recently, and I don't usually like that sort of thing, but the few bits I've researched for my first Glastonbury look amazing. I'd really be interested in this project ☺️👍

1 hour ago, Lucy F said:

I'm really intrigued about this area. It's not something I even knew about until recently, and I don't usually like that sort of thing, but the few bits I've researched for my first Glastonbury look amazing. I'd really be interested in this project ☺️👍

This is the official YT channel for the area  https://www.youtube.com/@glastonburytheatreandcircu6930

Even if you don't visit any of the stages, the fields are a nice place to sit and there's always something to see. There's also a lot going on late night if the naughty corner gets too busy!

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great fish finger sandwiches nearby.

haha I was going to suggest:

No house or techno here

but I thought better of it 🙂  

1 minute ago, stuie said:

haha I was going to suggest:

No house or techno here

but I thought better of it 🙂  

Actually, it was slightly tongue in cheek. If I’m honest, I usually make a point of going for a fish finger sandwich at one point, and then spending a short while in the Circus tent. I’ve always enjoyed it, you never know what you’re going to see, however it’s always during any brief gap in my music schedule.

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Actually, it was slightly tongue in cheek. If I’m honest, I usually make a point of going for a fish finger sandwich at one point, and then spending a short while in the Circus tent. I’ve always enjoyed it, you never know what you’re going to see, however it’s always during any brief gap in my music schedule.

I’m aware of the culinary delights you refer to and have also eaten them in said circus tent! 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:27 PM, Lucy F said:

It’s the shade of the tents outside that’s good as well.

I've had some of the my best glastonbury moments at the theatre and circus area. 

Quite a few times I've seen a headliner in the Big Top and had my mind absolutely blown by the show I've seen.  I'm a music person first, but if there's not a band on that I'm particularly fussed about, the next place I look to see what's happening is the Big Top.  

Seen a few of the late night "adult-orientated' shows there, as well as the day time stuff. I especially like watching the parents come running in to whisk their children away once they start. Despite numerous warnings in the interval that it is not suitable for families, I saw loads of kids at the front for the start of 'Briefs' last year. They weren't there 5 minutes into the show! It's an awesome spot and I try to visit each year. Love it.

32 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered... What time does the big top close?

Thursday 11:50pm

Friday 01:30am

Saturday 01:30am

Sunday 7:20pm

Stage times should be similar to 2022, all here...l

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Scrump said:

This is interesting!! I'm keen on some post headline fun and this might be a great alternative to the SE corner bundle...

Its a great thing to do post-headliners, with a big stack of cakes and a comfy seat!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I saw loads of kids at the front for the start of 'Briefs' last year. They weren't there 5 minutes into the show! It's an awesome spot and I try to visit each year. Love it.

I think it was the Briefs show that was one of our highlights last year! Mainly because of the incredible female vocalist. Best vocals of the weekend, she was stunning.

Although there was some 'rudie-nudies' I didn't think it was that unsuitable for children. Naked bodies aren't offensive to me.  My two would have loved the show. I'm more concerned about language and violence and hateful stuff. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I think it was the Briefs show that was one of our highlights last year! Mainly because of the incredible female vocalist. Best vocals of the weekend, she was stunning.

Although there was some 'rudie-nudies' I didn't think it was that unsuitable for children. Naked bodies aren't offensive to me.  My two would have loved the show. I'm more concerned about language and violence and hateful stuff. 

That wasn't what I experienced, which was a giant bunny spraying the front row by rubbing his giant penis. That definitely wasn't suitable for small children, despite a couple of them finding it hilarious! Although now I'm thinking about it, that might have been Cirque du Vulgar, who were on before Briefs

10 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

That wasn't what I experienced, which was a giant bunny spraying the front row by rubbing his giant penis. That definitely wasn't suitable for small children, despite a couple of them finding it hilarious! Although now I'm thinking about it, that might have been Cirque du Vulgar, who were on before Briefs

It was!