Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

2 hours ago, prog seller said:

Worth nothing for everyone - kids vs adult suncream is no difference.

At Aldi last year it was half the price for the kids stuff, yet its the exact same stuff! Can check the back if you don't believe me 🙂 better container style too than the adult stuff!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Whatever the highest factor they've got in poundland  does the job for me.

It’s the bonus of one application that sells this stuff . The normal stuff needs to be reapplied . Once at the tent at the start of the day then you are all good . 

After years of happily keeping clean-ish with wet wipes, I've discovered just how therapeutic a morning shower is at Glastonbury.  A friend had one of those Hozelock pump things with a shower head - it's great but a tad bulky so thinking of combining this rechargeable shower head/pump with a collapsible bucket.

The reviews are good (and seem genuine) but wondering if anyone's got first-hand experience of using/owning one? Would also come in useful for cleaning the dog at home.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Portable-Operated-Showerhead-Rechargeable/dp/B075ZVZJMT

Aeropress. I've just mentioned it in another thread but it belongs in here.. 

If you like real coffee and don't want to have to walk & queue every morning. My Aeropress has changed camping / festivals for me. They're pretty small and light, require very little cleaning, and they make excellent coffee. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, prog seller said:

100% on this for Glasto, wake up early slap it on and forget, normal screen is reapply every 4 Hrs for me that’s 2-3 times a day and I’ll be past caring within 3 hours 😄. Also one less thing to carry.

Most info point and welfare offer suntan lotion on a donation basis, which is a good tip if you realise you’ve forgetten and the the other side of the site or can’t be arsed to carry it with you.

Edited by Evilmonkeydan

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 6:59 PM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Saw this nifty thing and thought of this thread. Might be awesome, might not. I'm not taking a stove or I'd give it a birl. No quibble refund if it's shite.  https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/camping-classics/rocktrail-portable-coffee-maker/p60934

Edit: oh yeah, they've got ponchos as well. https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/camping-classics/rocktrail-waterproof-poncho/p60935?ar=11

For sitting on the dry, baked ground, obviously.

These things have remained available in my local Lidl ever since they came out in early March, which I hadn't expected - I thought they'd have been snapped up at the price.  Today, I finally caved in and bought one and the first test run has gone well.  The hand-grinder is a bit slow, but this is probably because I had it on too fine a setting.  And the press-fit lid to put on the cup isn't tight enough, so I wouldn't trust it not to come off if I were shaking it around.  Other than that, it made pretty good filter coffee and was dead easy to clean.  The aeropress makes better coffee and is easier to clean, but for £15 quid, including a decent grinder, this thing is excellent.

On 5/17/2023 at 10:28 PM, Janaka said:

After years of happily keeping clean-ish with wet wipes, I've discovered just how therapeutic a morning shower is at Glastonbury.  A friend had one of those Hozelock pump things with a shower head - it's great but a tad bulky so thinking of combining this rechargeable shower head/pump with a collapsible bucket.

The reviews are good (and seem genuine) but wondering if anyone's got first-hand experience of using/owning one? Would also come in useful for cleaning the dog at home.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Portable-Operated-Showerhead-Rechargeable/dp/B075ZVZJMT

Oh yes, I have posted this before but we take a rechargeable shower, collapsible bucket and pop up shower tent. They are pretty good, but fully charged use water up quick so you need to switch off while you wash and switch on to rise if you want to conserve water, especially if you are using a kettle to heat. 

On 5/17/2023 at 2:10 PM, gfa said:

At Aldi last year it was half the price for the kids stuff, yet its the exact same stuff! Can check the back if you don't believe me 🙂 better container style too than the adult stuff!

I think I read a while back that the kids stuff doesn't have VAT added to it, but that might be bollocks!

Aldi have handy kids factor 50 (!) in a tiny bottle which could be good for the day bag to top up away from camp.

19 hours ago, Levitz said:

Oh yes, I have posted this before but we take a rechargeable shower, collapsible bucket and pop up shower tent. They are pretty good, but fully charged use water up quick so you need to switch off while you wash and switch on to rise if you want to conserve water, especially if you are using a kettle to heat. 

Thanks yeah, it arrived a days ago. Surprisingly decent power, which ofc means it uses water quite quickly.

An on-off switch on the shower head would have been ideal, as opposed to on the submerged pump, but still I’m impressed with it. 👍

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 2:48 AM, sprocketrocket said:

Aeropress. I've just mentioned it in another thread but it belongs in here.. 

If you like real coffee and don't want to have to walk & queue every morning. My Aeropress has changed camping / festivals for me. They're pretty small and light, require very little cleaning, and they make excellent coffee. 

I second this, aeropress has been one of my best purchases, only thing we use at home to make coffee and it's super convenient to bring camping.  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, Mark E. Spliff said:

These things have remained available in my local Lidl ever since they came out in early March, which I hadn't expected - I thought they'd have been snapped up at the price.  Today, I finally caved in and bought one and the first test run has gone well.  The hand-grinder is a bit slow, but this is probably because I had it on too fine a setting.  And the press-fit lid to put on the cup isn't tight enough, so I wouldn't trust it not to come off if I were shaking it around.  Other than that, it made pretty good filter coffee and was dead easy to clean.  The aeropress makes better coffee and is easier to clean, but for £15 quid, including a decent grinder, this thing is excellent.

I got one of these and was really impressed as well.

Plan is to use it as a grinder in combination with aeropress so I can bring beans with me instead of having to grind all my coffee beforehand

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I got one of these and was really impressed as well.

Plan is to use it as a grinder in combination with aeropress so I can bring beans with me instead of having to grind all my coffee beforehand

Hand grinders are soooooooo slow. I grind at home and accept it might not be quite as perfectly fresh

• Upvote 1