Those We Lost Along The Way

CaledonianGonzo

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some not hoping but fearing😉

yeah, would probably take a big chunk of the bookings budget.

when i remembered the hassle from his manager last time, that not happening this time told me he wasn't in the running.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, nikkic said:

Pulp looks inevitable now. Possibility of a secret set of course but not sure I can see that.

Would be rammo anyway. 

Meanwhile Royal Blood clog up prime real estate. 

howcome pulp is inevitable?

8 hours ago, WoodyGooner said:

What’s the news on Prodigy? Are they ruled out because they are playing Download in Germany the same weekend?

Looking unlikely. other headline is full, would have to do WH which could maybe happen but i'm not so sure

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

howcome pulp is inevitable?

Looking unlikely. other headline is full, would have to do WH which could maybe happen but i'm not so sure

Inevitable they’re not playing I mean.

I just don’t see a secret set from them.

Inevitable was probably the wrong choice of word tbh!

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, dreams_burn_down said:

Intriguing…

If this is a reference to Lana potentially dropping out, she seems to have squashed the beef now

Or maybe the QOTSA info is wrong and they aren’t headlining Other on Sunday?

yeah dont read anything into that  .... was just based on the potential stuff with lana 

I’m not sure that I would be that confident about Pulp. Why would they spend one of their relatively small number of dates at a festival where a) most their fans couldn’t get tickets and b) they wouldn’t be headlining? To my mind it just wouldn’t make sense for them to do it.

Obviously this is coming from the perspective of someone who got Pulp Sheffield tickets but missed out on Glastonbury ones…. 

2 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I’m not sure that I would be that confident about Pulp. Why would they spend one of their relatively small number of dates at a festival where a) most their fans couldn’t get tickets and b) they wouldn’t be headlining? To my mind it just wouldn’t make sense for them to do it.

Obviously this is coming from the perspective of someone who got Pulp Sheffield tickets but missed out on Glastonbury ones…. 

Good friends of the festival

Promotional value too - thats the key thing with glasto, will mean they flog a bunch of records etc / may help to sell the remaining shows

Just now, gfa said:

Good friends of the festival

Promotional value too - thats the key thing with glasto, will mean they flog a bunch of records etc / may help to sell the remaining shows

Usually I would agree with this angle, but aren't Pulp as big as they are going to be? it's not like a Stones thing where they have a greatest hits album to flog. Are there any tickets left to sell for the non-festival dates? 

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

Usually I would agree with this angle, but aren't Pulp as big as they are going to be? it's not like a Stones thing where they have a greatest hits album to flog. Are there any tickets left to sell for the non-festival dates? 

i think so on that last point

might just want to do it for one last time

none of their shows are anything size wise on singing to a full pyramid field in a special afternoon slot or something

but yeah seems unlikely to me, now on the hunt for finsbury park tickets.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, Sawdusty surfer said:

Nige,a huge part of the Croissant Neuf family. CN core crew for the last 28 years. An absolute diamond. He left to join the festival in the sky last week. He'll be missed so much. 

FB_IMG_1678222629932.jpg

Sorry to hear that Dusty

9 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

His funeral is next week. He was also site manager of the Green Gathering. Expect it to be very well attended. Hopefully there's going to be a load of old hippy convoy vehicles as part of the cortege. 

That'll be a sight.  CN's one of my fav little areas so will raise a beer up there come June

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...