Vodafone

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, dondo said:

So do we assume that Vodafone will put up temporary masts like EE did?

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

If they don’t we are truely fucked … 

They're going to have to. Comparison of EE and Vodafone's 5g coverage from ofcom without the festival. 

Data itself doesn't make a difference, but maybe we were getting used to 5g and there's no guarantees that's around. 

Screenshot_20230302-091742.png

Screenshot_20230302-091729.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJP said:

Worth sharing that I was recently abroad and had a foreign eSIM and UK eSIM live at the same time - absolutely nuked my iPhone 14 Pro battery. Suggest turning off whichever the worst signal is when you get to the farm.

I always walk around with my phone in airplane mode, especially when I'm watching an act, busy dancing, etc. I just turn it on now and again to check messages, get an internet connection. Usually means I only need to charge my phone for 30 minutes each day, if that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

How do you know you wont get the same? We’ll see.

there is a separate argument about how much one needs to use their phone at the festival anyway

I was on Three for my first festival and had shite reception. Most of my campmates on other networks had nowhere near as good reception as me last festival.

23 minutes ago, dondo said:

So do we assume that Vodafone will put up temporary masts like EE did?

To answer my own question have tweeted Vodafone and they've confirmed temporary masts will be put up.

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They're going to have to. Comparison of EE and Vodafone's 5g coverage from ofcom without the festival. 

Data itself doesn't make a difference, but maybe we were getting used to 5g and there's no guarantees that's around. 

Screenshot_20230302-091742.png

Screenshot_20230302-091729.png

They absolutely will - same as they do at Kendall Calling, Mighty Hoopla, Wimbledon etc.

Chances are EEs coverage is good there is due to the fact they’ve been sponsoring Glasto for so long, so made sense to put some permanent structure in there.

Can't wait for all the people saying "won't be much difference then"  to see what it was like for people who weren't on EE

Last 2 festivals, I'd get about two hours of signal at 8-10am & then nothing for the next 22 hours

In before the "Was the signal terrible this year?" thread on 26th June

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Probably to force people to switch carriers and to have a shot at tickets with a rewards program. I mean O2 has presale access for their venues so Voda doing this is pretty smart.

Voda must have paid a pretty penny to get EE out of there.

Can't see glasto allowing a special ticket sale to vodafone members, just a few giveaways

11 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

I’m on giffgaff. I’ve not been to a festival where the coverage was good. Parklife was especially bad as I wasn’t able to even send or receive texts or calls in the busier hours.

I’ve not been yet but I assume Glastonbury is similar to this? 

Its in the middle of nowhere what do you think lol

just change to vodafone

1 minute ago, eddie_corrigan said:

I’ve got an ee payg sim I use for glasto. Get a 2’ep day plan for £10 free sim and 10gb data which was plenty for the weekend. Could do something similar with Vodafone 

IMG_0178.jpeg

can get one for half this price with lebara

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

It's just made me realise how wild it is that part of the reason I've been on EE is because of Glastonbury!

Looks like the marketing folks at Vodafone figured that out too!

EE put in two permanent 4/5g masts around Worthy Farm and bring in another 7 temporary ones for the festival itself. I think that network is used for a lot of the production and stalls comms, so Vodafone will have to do something similar. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the same infrastructure by the same people, but just a bit more red and with more bandwidth for Voda rather than EE. App might be the same as well.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm on Vodafone and I've found the signal at the last couple of Glastonbury's to be much improved and no real issues (Compared with further back when you'd get texts up to a day late), so I guess it's going to improve further.

I was on Lebara and found it completely fine, even managed to find my mates under the spider using it during Calvin Harris