Difference between regular tickets and Hospitality?

FestiHead

26 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I can see what you mean, although for me those times were the best part of two decades ago and those days are gone. 

It's not practical for lots of folks to have fires like we used to, simply too many tents for the quantity there used to be.

Also as they covered in the fiftieth anniversary film - whilst people made their own fun getting fecked and dancing amongst the food stalls back then, things moved on and these days there's an audience that want a variety of stuff to do. 

I'm not complaining or anything mate, its just my take on what's gone on through my own eyes, I still enjoy going and I didn't even do the pre-super fence years so the change hasn't been anything major for me. 🙂 

I totally get that people want late night entertainment, the festival in general is much more controlled/well organised  than archaic old days that people just have to accept that times have moved on.

TBH these sort of conversations crop up a lot at football as well, there's an element of people I go with that want the 'old days' back and sit there moaning that its not as good as it used to be whilst not accepting that the 'old days'  are never coming back.

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Don't do it Scrump, don't do it! Don't fall into FestHead's evil plan. Festhead has had this all worked out from start. Festhead is more Machiavellian than the actual definition of Machiavellian. 

God's sake I know all my other posts have been trolling that Rihanna's playing but I was actually asking a genuine question 🤣🤣🤣 and now I've set up a brawl between SE Corner vs "Babylon"

3pm on the Thursday by Crooner's Corner. Let's have it out.

2 minutes ago, FestiHead said:

God's sake I know all my other posts have been trolling that Rihanna's playing but I was actually asking a genuine question 🤣🤣🤣 and now I've set up a brawl between SE Corner vs "Babylon"

My money is firmly on SE corner, never underestimate us old school crew types.

23 minutes ago, FestiHead said:

Your on. I'll be there. Just look for the biggest bruiser of a bloke you can ever imagine, and that'll be me. My advise to you would be to just come up to me, don't say who you are, and just lay a haymaker on me. Yes, that's right - just hit the biggest bloke that you can see. And then it'll be taken from there.  lol 😊

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your on. I'll be there. Just look for the biggest bruiser of a bloke you can ever imagine, and that'll be me. My advise to you would be to just come up to me, don't say who you are, and just lay a haymaker on me. Yes, that's right - just hit the biggest bloke that you can see. And then it'll be taken from there.  lol 😊

💀💀💀

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

you do know the history of the festival dont you ? or are you deliberately trying to get a bite I wonder ? 

A history that is often overlooked/ignored/denigrated -  not by you @Crazyfool01I hasten to add.

I decided to ignore his post as I presumed/hoped it was an attempt at humour

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

What is the average age a person gets to before they decide that everything now is shit, and everything when they were younger was great?

This may surprise you coming from me, but there is no such thing as "the good old days".

I like some contemporary music and artists, I can't stand some older music and artists.

As for Glastonbury there are pros and cons appropriate to all eras. 

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

A history that is often overlooked/ignored/denigrated -  not by you @Crazyfool01I hasten to add.

I decided to ignore his post as I presumed/hoped it was an attempt at humour

I definately miss the interactivity of the old days .... and like mentioned early my memories are often of the days when I was younger and the entertainment less provided for us and more made by us in the hours after the main stages ... That said the world moves on and with social media and the like things change and we have to learn to move with it / adapt. South east corner just feels like a rush through now ... I didnt even get down there last year .... but you also cant overlook some of the amazing stages like Icon which they put on for us . They seem to be going with stages that are bigger with more space to cater for the increasing numbers 

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This may surprise you coming from me, but there is no such thing as "the good old days".

I like some contemporary music and artists, I can't stand some older music and artists.

As for Glastonbury there are pros and cons appropriate to all eras. 

That is quite possibly the most positive post I've ever seen from you.

4 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm not complaining or anything mate, its just my take on what's gone on through my own eyes, I still enjoy going and I didn't even do the pre-super fence years so the change hasn't been anything major for me. 🙂 

I totally get that people want late night entertainment, the festival in general is much more controlled/well organised  than archaic old days that people just have to accept that times have moved on.

TBH these sort of conversations crop up a lot at football as well, there's an element of people I go with that want the 'old days' back and sit there moaning that its not as good as it used to be whilst not accepting that the 'old days'  are never coming back.

You're right that some things were lost, but lots of things are much improved. 

If you look the the pages of programme in the link below you'll see there were only a couple of stages - so during the day people often had to make their own entertainment. 

As you'll see, some of the acts were well known and had a great following, but plenty weren't - one day I was hitching a lift to college (joys of rural buses) and got a lift in a 2cv with a young woman who was driving herself there to play on the second stage for the weekend. I did go to see them and was dead chuffed, but the crowds during the day could be pretty subdued away from the Pyramid. 

https://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glastonbury-festival-1985.html

Edited by clarkete