Difference between regular tickets and Hospitality?

FestiHead

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazy,

Unfortunately I cannot remember what year that I first went. I did once try to ascertain tghis fact from the mate who eventually encouraged me to go in the first place - he had been trying for at least 2 years. I had known about the place because one of my older brothers used to go, before I ever attended. Anyway, I sent an email to my mate asking him if he knew what the first year that I attended Glastonbury was. His answer was 'you're asking me'!?  The implication was that he'd also blown his mind a little on that period of our lives. It doesn't help but I never (ever) have gone to Glastonbury specifically for the music. So, it's not like I can cross reference with acts etc. That said, it'd be somewhere around the mid 1980's mark.

My last Glasto was 2014. That was the same year that I got married. I got married in May, very coincidentally, at Pennard House in East Pilton. They have tipis and things there for people (who can afford it) during Glastonbury. When we got married there, it was a music company that had hired the whole place for Glastonbury for quite a few years previous. Although evidently posh, the people who own the house were beyond lovely. Anyway, so we got married in the May in Somerset, and then came back down in the June for the festival. It was my wife's second only Glastonbury. That was the festival where we never really got that far away from our actual campsite very often. Don't get me wrong, we had the most marvellous time. However, we both thought the place too big for us, even though we'd only got as far as the Acoustic tent on one occasion, and to see one song (Atomic*) from Blondie on the Other Stage on another occasion. 

* - I had wanted / needed to see Blondie play that track. The thing is, you see - my dad never really danced at family do's, parties etc, except for possibly a last slow dance with my mom. This had been the way, up until my wedding. That saw one a quite camp mate (who my possibly homophobic dad had never met before) talk my dad and mom into coming out on to the dance floor to Blondie Atomic. It would be fair to say that that man (JR) could talk the birds out of the trees. Anyway, I didn't know about any of this at the time because I was out in the car park in our campervan taking a concoction of 'medications'. I had only just got out of the camper when one of my brothers ran up to me and said 'Come and look at this, come and look at this, it's urgent'. I ran into the disco venue part and it was to see my mate Jamie, and my mom and dad dancing to Atomic. I have 4 brothers. All were stunned. 

Genuine question Yog, have you ever given a one-word answer? 😂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazy,

Unfortunately I cannot remember what year that I first went. I did once try to ascertain tghis fact from the mate who eventually encouraged me to go in the first place - he had been trying for at least 2 years. I had known about the place because one of my older brothers used to go, before I ever attended. Anyway, I sent an email to my mate asking him if he knew what the first year that I attended Glastonbury was. His answer was 'you're asking me'!?  The implication was that he'd also blown his mind a little on that period of our lives. It doesn't help but I never (ever) have gone to Glastonbury specifically for the music. So, it's not like I can cross reference with acts etc. That said, it'd be somewhere around the mid 1980's mark.

My last Glasto was 2014. That was the same year that I got married. I got married in May, very coincidentally, at Pennard House in East Pilton. They have tipis and things there for people (who can afford it) during Glastonbury. When we got married there, it was a music company that had hired the whole place for Glastonbury for quite a few years previous. Although evidently posh, the people who own the house were beyond lovely. Anyway, so we got married in the May in Somerset, and then came back down in the June for the festival. It was my wife's second only Glastonbury. That was the festival where we never really got that far away from our actual campsite very often. Don't get me wrong, we had the most marvellous time. However, we both thought the place too big for us, even though we'd only got as far as the Acoustic tent on one occasion, and to see one song (Atomic*) from Blondie on the Other Stage on another occasion. 

* - I had wanted / needed to see Blondie play that track. The thing is, you see - my dad never really danced at family do's, parties etc, except for possibly a last slow dance with my mom. This had been the way, up until my wedding. That saw one a quite camp mate (who my possibly homophobic dad had never met before) talk my dad and mom into coming out on to the dance floor to Blondie Atomic. It would be fair to say that that man (JR) could talk the birds out of the trees. Anyway, I didn't know about any of this at the time because I was out in the car park in our campervan taking a concoction of 'medications'. I had only just got out of the camper when one of my brothers ran up to me and said 'Come and look at this, come and look at this, it's urgent'. I ran into the disco venue part and it was to see my mate Jamie, and my mom and dad dancing to Atomic. I have 4 brothers. All were stunned. 

That's a great memory to have. 

I think for lots of us these days it got a new life after the dance floor scene in Trainspotting 

On 2/15/2023 at 12:33 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It could be worse - you could, I guess, be a prawn in his evil game. Mind you, that would be a little shellfish.

Oh fuck me - even I know that one's off side! What can I say? I'll get help. I'm so sorry.

I've spent the last 2 days trying to think of a fish-pun to follow on from this. Coming up empty, in the meantime this thread has carried on going sideways! Love this forum 🙂 

14 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Genuine question Yog, have you ever given a one-word answer? 😂

The very thought of it! 

Let's face it, if the truth be know, I went to Glastonbury about a million years ago, I know just right next to nothing about music, but this place is of considerable importance to me. It is important for a plethora of reasons. I'll not mention them all, because that really would be a long post. 

Bottom line though, is this site allows me / you all allow me to just spout off, and I obviously have an inherent need to spout off. I suspect that some people may get the impression that I am full of myself, telling long stories etc. I am not that type of person. I am this type of person;

In addition to that, this place stays alive on posts and the number of posters etc. It would be a very boring place if everybody just gave one word replies.

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The very thought of it! 

Let's face it, if the truth be know, I went to Glastonbury about a million years ago, I know just right next to nothing about music, but this place is of considerable importance to me. It is important for a plethora of reasons. I'll not mention them all, because that really would be a long post. 

Bottom line though, is this site allows me / you all allow me to just spout off, and I obviously have an inherent need to spout off. I suspect that some people may get the impression that I am full of myself, telling long stories etc. I am not that type of person. I am this type of person;

In addition to that, this place stays alive on posts and the number of posters etc. It would be a very boring place if everybody just gave one word replies.

Amen. 

Out of upvotes. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The very thought of it! 

Indeed.