Line Up 2023

Nobody Interesting

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Did you pull the trigger early on the lineup announcement? You've got it in the news thread but it's revealed officially tomorrow

yes, i messed up with the settings for it to publish tomorrow, i've now corrected that. and apologised to BD.

Enough to keep us happy but as the years go on it is starting to become a Main Stage and Bimble Inn only festival for us with the odd exception.

Nothing wrong with that but perhaps next year we try Green Man for the first time otherwise I fear BD might become stale.

Don't get me wrong, the line up is good but compare it to Bearded Theory and it just lacks variety. I know what I mean, hope you do.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Enough to keep us happy but as the years go on it is starting to become a Main Stage and Bimble Inn only festival for us with the odd exception.

Nothing wrong with that but perhaps next year we try Green Man for the first time otherwise I fear BD might become stale.

Don't get me wrong, the line up is good but compare it to Bearded Theory and it just lacks variety. I know what I mean, hope you do.

Yeah, definitely agree. Just more excited about the Bearded line up, think its stronger and has more variety in terms of the 'top 6' bands and has more depth overall. 

Still happy with the BD line up but definitely less 'Wow...I'll have to check them out!' bands than Bearded. 

Solid but not super exciting imo. If it had been Flaming Lips or Orbital in place of Primal Scream I’d be a lot more excited. Agree that it feels a bit stale - when you’ve done BT and BD almost every year for the last decade it’s impossible to get excited about Ferocious Dog or Dreadzone! Fine bands, both of them, but I’ve seen them more times than I’ve seen my parents by now.

anyone know anything about this Rock Orchestra thing in the tent? The description sounds dreadful but there must be something there if they’re a headliner…

2 hours ago, riverwise said:

Solid but not super exciting imo. If it had been Flaming Lips or Orbital in place of Primal Scream I’d be a lot more excited. Agree that it feels a bit stale - when you’ve done BT and BD almost every year for the last decade it’s impossible to get excited about Ferocious Dog or Dreadzone! Fine bands, both of them, but I’ve seen them more times than I’ve seen my parents by now.

anyone know anything about this Rock Orchestra thing in the tent? The description sounds dreadful but there must be something there if they’re a headliner…

There are a few videos on the tube of you.

Not bad I suppose, a bit like the Classic Rock albums of the 1970's/80's. If they don't clash I might see them out of interest.

That looks a very decent line up to me (with I guess a few more to come) I probably can't make Bearded this year and I've given up on my chance in the resale for Glastonbury as I had to commit to a family thing. So this looks right up my strasse (as they say in Dusseldorf) 

21 hours ago, riverwise said:

Have Flaming Lips ever played BD? Can't see that they have. Surprised...think they would be a great fit.