Line Up 2023

Nobody Interesting

On 2/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, Flaminglippy said:

Have Flaming Lips ever played BD? Can't see that they have. Surprised...think they would be a great fit. 

They haven't. They should do - it would be the best combination. They were stunning at Bearded last year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, justanotheronethen said:

They haven't. They should do - it would be the best combination. They were stunning at Bearded last year

Yeah they were fantastic. We were luckily enough to be in the arena when they did a soundcheck of 'Do You Realize??' on the morning, then later on I bumped into Wayne Coyne walking through the arena. Havent washed my hands since.

35 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah they were fantastic. We were luckily enough to be in the arena when they did a soundcheck of 'Do You Realize??' on the morning, then later on I bumped into Wayne Coyne walking through the arena. Havent washed my hands since.

Mate! What a treat! I was very hungover in my tent when I heard the soundcheck and couldn't work out what was going on. I don't think I've ever heard a headliner doing their own soundcheck at a festival before. Race For The Prize + fireworks + crowd singalong to What A Wonderful World = unlikely to ever be topped 👌

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Mate! What a treat! I was very hungover in my tent when I heard the soundcheck and couldn't work out what was going on. I don't think I've ever heard a headliner doing their own soundcheck at a festival before. Race For The Prize + fireworks + crowd singalong to What A Wonderful World = unlikely to ever be topped 👌

Yeah it was special. Had my daughter on my shoulders right down the front. 

I always wondered what I would say if I ever met Wayne Coyne, how much his music has meant to me over the years, how amazing and life-affirming each and every one of the 30 or 40 times I've seen them live has been and have got me through some tough times. Instead, after bumping into him (wearing a t-shirt with his face on it mind you) all I could manage to blurt out was 'Holy f*cking sh*t, its Wayne Coyne!'. To be fair he just laughed and was really nice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah it was special. Had my daughter on my shoulders right down the front. 

I always wondered what I would say if I ever met Wayne Coyne, how much his music has meant to me over the years, how amazing and life-affirming each and every one of the 30 or 40 times I've seen them live has been and have got me through some tough times. Instead, after bumping into him (wearing a t-shirt with his face on it mind you) all I could manage to blurt out was 'Holy f*cking sh*t, its Wayne Coyne!'. To be fair he just laughed and was really nice. 

Brilliant 😁 I'm sure he would have taken that as a compliment!

Lucky I didn't find him, the state I was in I probably would have given him a massive hug 😬

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

The official dates on the website are 18th to 20th but we all know it opens on the Thursday, 17th.

When looking at who is playing which day, going to bands websites, those without a specific day all list it as 18th to 20th which is normal.

There are two bands though that actually list Thursday 17th as the day they are playing - might there be a surprise in store with a big stage opening Thursday this year or is it more likely (I think so) the bands just have the dates wrong.

The 2 in question are Reef and Elvana.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The official dates on the website are 18th to 20th but we all know it opens on the Thursday, 17th.

When looking at who is playing which day, going to bands websites, those without a specific day all list it as 18th to 20th which is normal.

There are two bands though that actually list Thursday 17th as the day they are playing - might there be a surprise in store with a big stage opening Thursday this year or is it more likely (I think so) the bands just have the dates wrong.

The 2 in question are Reef and Elvana.

Must be a mistake? I reckon they just have the dates wrong.  Elvana have both BD and Camp Bestival listed as 17/08 on their website.  

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, chris_nre said:

Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs appear to have vanished from the Big Top lineup.

Yep, a real shame, but I know Davey is very busy with other stuff atm. You never know, maybe a last minute bimble set if we're really lucky or an old school busk.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, spg said:

Yep, a real shame, but I know Davey is very busy with other stuff atm. You never know, maybe a last minute bimble set if we're really lucky or an old school busk.

Looks like they could be done.

https://www.facebook.com/100049051816149/posts/pfbid0M3xURVnGm8rbaRusSq52wBqAeDZBmLUnt9rtvqF7io2xiUTGvGCpous9QgU2917Ql/?sfnsn=scwspmo

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah I spotted this today too. Shame, as dipping out with a big top performance to celebrate the 20 yes would've been great. 

20 hours ago, spg said:

Yeah I spotted this today too. Shame, as dipping out with a big top performance to celebrate the 20 yes would've been great. 

Oh balls.

I remember seeing them when they started off busking at Mad Iccy's stall all those years ago.

Great lads

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spg said:

Rebel tent lineup 😁

FB_IMG_1691605363011.jpg

Last year was my first time sober at BDs and enjoyed a lot of what was going on in the Rebel Tent - most years I'd wander by on the way to find music. I enjoyed the speakers I didn't necessarily agree with, maybe that's an age thing!

• Like 1