Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

32 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Or bands of a very high quality who have a large enough appeal to headline a significant stage but aren’t big enough with the Nando’s crowd to headline the Pyramid. 

Nandos crowd ffs😂

57 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Or bands of a very high quality who have a large enough appeal to headline a significant stage but aren’t big enough with the Nando’s crowd to headline the Pyramid. 

I don’t think the crowd comes in to it, acts have to be a certain size to headline the Pyramid. The Pyramid of course has a bad rep from some as far as the crowd is concerned, but there are plenty of interchangeable acts, such as Foals, Tame Impala and Alt-J who have previously played on the Pyramid and then headlined other, and a ton of other acts inbetween.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Jose Pose said:

Apropos of nothing, stretching back for a while now, Other Stage headliners are a sorry combination of acts who are never going to be big enough to headline the Pyramid, and acts who shone brightly very briefly and now look like embarrassing bookings in hindsight.

Or dance acts that would be shit in the daytime

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

He's decent but that's all he is, I can see why he'd make a living off music but I don't understand what all the crazy hype is about and it mostly seems to be in the UK. He'd probably be good on WH though.

Pretty sure it was his Coachella set that started off the mega hype.

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

He's decent but that's all he is, I can see why he'd make a living off music but I don't understand what all the crazy hype is about and it mostly seems to be in the UK. He'd probably be good on WH though.

Very big in major english speaking markets e.g. australia and the US

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

I probably shouldn’t have started the Nando’s discourse; it wasn’t even aimed at Fred again! In other news I have listened to a bit more of his stuff. Not quite sure how he has gotten quite so much hype but I have heard much worse. 

Have you seen his Boiler Room set?

This was essentially what took him to a whole new level, worth a watch.

If you don't like it, it's probably not your bag!

20 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Brussels, Canada, America. The hype is all over the place.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:09 PM, Skip997 said:

Okay I might be converted , this is superb

Just got around to listening to this ……. Much much better I agree, nothing like the music on AL 1, 2 or 3

it reminds me of something else and I just can’t place it. Much better though but he’s gonna have to release another 90 mins worth of this gear to get me to whichever stage he’s on. 

Thumbs up for that track though. 

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Brussels, Canada, America. The hype is all over the place.

There comes a point when it's no longer hype and it's a genuine phenomenon. Packing out venues everywhere he goes with seemingly universal praise. It might be slightly over the top, it might be completely justified. I'm somewhere in the middle. Having seen his show last year I was really impressed and his popularity has only increased in line with the level of his output. I think he's a few hits with collaborations away from a proper run at the mainstream. We'll see what happens then...