Camping Plans for 2024

Supernintendo Chalmers

Same place as every festival since 2011 (apart from 2022 when I was in Spring Ground Accessible Campsite) E21 Forward Accessible Campervan Field. Haven't camped in a tent since 2008. 😊

Does anyone have any experience camping at park home ground,oxlyers or pennards? Camped at big ground last year with a view of The pryamid which was great but was a bit far from literally everything else and food options etc. really liking the other stage lineup and want to see more at the park. barely made it to the hill or the sign at all last year either. What about noise levels at those camps. Thanks. Any recommendations are welcome 

14 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Does anyone have any experience camping at park home ground,oxlyers or pennards? Camped at big ground last year with a view of The pryamid which was great but was a bit far from literally everything else and food options etc. really liking the other stage lineup and want to see more at the park. barely made it to the hill or the sign at all last year either. What about noise levels at those camps. Thanks. Any recommendations are welcome 

Never camped in any of these more central areas and probably wouldn't want to  They seem really popular, fill up quickly and the tents are squeezed in tight.  It's also party central from what I've seen and being sandwiched between Silver Hayes/Other/Park/Arcadia, you wouldn't get much sleep.

54 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Pennards fills up very quickly. Camped there years ago, can be noisy but then it's near to the action and most places are.

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 hour ago, Ncahir94 said:

Camped at Pennards a few times but we are talking 10 years ago now since I was last there and it was busy and noisy all night but then I didn't used to need much sleep back then so was all good. You need to get in early to get a spot there

15 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Camped in Oxlyers 2014/2015/2016 right in direct line of the Other stage about 10 meters back from the track. Yes it is very central and a good location, but it was noisy and there is no space at all. When a really big act was on the Other, we had people standing all around the tents. We also arrived very early each of those years to get that spot. I wouldn't go back there now as I need a break from the chaos at times. I don't mind walking so I am going to be out nearer the fence this year. 

First timer here so haven't given it too much thought where to camp. We've half our group arriving by car and the other half by bus. Is it likely that we will all enter the site via gates D or A? Or possible we could be sent via B or C?

We should all arrive around 1pm on the Wednesday. Ideally we would camp somewhere that is not too far from where we enter. Any suggestions? Much of a difference between Dairy Ground, Bushy Ground and Darble for example? 

5 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

First timer here so haven't given it too much thought where to camp. We've half our group arriving by car and the other half by bus. Is it likely that we will all enter the site via gates D or A? Or possible we could be sent via B or C?

We should all arrive around 1pm on the Wednesday. Ideally we would camp somewhere that is not too far from where we enter. Any suggestions? Much of a difference between Dairy Ground, Bushy Ground and Darble for example? 

Which part of the country are you coming from? Anyone who arrives by coach will probably enter through A

19 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Camped at Hitchen Hill last year, got a great spot Wednesday early afternoon. Probably won't go there again though as the noise from Silver Hayes was constant and I'm one of those people who needs a good few hours sleep every night. Any decent quieter spots anyone can recommend..?

Hitchen Hill and Lime Kiln are as quiet as campsites get.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Which part of the country are you coming from? Anyone who arrives by coach will probably enter through A

Ireland! One group getting the bus from Bristol, one group driving from Wales side and then the final group driving up from London. Not sure if that will make a difference. 

Just now, LeFreak said:

Ireland! One group getting the bus from Bristol, one group driving from Wales side and then the final group driving up from London. Not sure if that will make a difference. 

You're probably better off all heading towards orange car park and pedestrian gate A (seeing as one group is on the coach). It's slightly inconvenient for those coming from London as they'll drive "around" the site but it makes sense as most of you are coming from the west. If you do that, I'd suggest any of Darble, Dairy, Bushy or Pylon grounds. 

If you do end up going in through pedestrian gate D, it's no problem, just means a slightly longer walk for those on the coach. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Torts guide is a very good reference for camping areas and loads of info for first timers . All the coach arrivals will enter via a … the others can decide depending on the side of the site they arrive by car …  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Hitchen Hill and Lime Kiln are as quiet as campsites get.

I think that they changed the orientation of San Remo last year seemed to funnel all the noise to the right side of Hitchin. Was a lot louder than previously last year

50 minutes ago, tarw said:

I think that they changed the orientation of San Remo last year seemed to funnel all the noise to the right side of Hitchin. Was a lot louder than previously last year

Maybe the noise was San remo rather than silver Hayes then. May go for south park this year.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Maybe the noise was San remo rather than silver Hayes then. May go for south park this year.

South Park 1 is super quiet because it’s behind the trees, and lots of space even on Thursday afternoon

Quite a trek to Woodsies & Pyramid though if you typically spend a lot of time that way, and makes it an effort to pop back to the tent during the day for cans or to grab a jumper or whatever

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gblock said:

South Park 1 is super quiet because it’s behind the trees, and lots of space even on Thursday afternoon

Quite a trek to Woodsies & Pyramid though if you typically spend a lot of time that way, and makes it an effort to pop back to the tent during the day for cans or to grab a jumper or whatever

Apart from a couple of years entering through Gate D I dont think Ive ever been over that side of the site. Nothing there but campsites right?

Im arriving and leaving at PGA Wednesday afternoon anyway so Hitchin Hill/Lime Kiln again. 

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

Apart from a couple of years entering through Gate D I dont think Ive ever been over that side of the site. Nothing there but campsites right?

Im arriving and leaving at PGA Wednesday afternoon anyway so Hitchin Hill/Lime Kiln again. 

The cineramageddeon was over that way before it was axed, but yeah now it’s just camping

Also I believe that whole area is a relatively recent addition to the festival, used to be just empty fields not all that long ago

Edited by gblock

12 hours ago, gblock said:

The cineramageddeon was over that way before it was axed, but yeah now it’s just camping

Also I believe that whole area is a relatively recent addition to the festival, used to be just empty fields not all that long ago

Aha yeah, where they showed the football before.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Pennards fills up very quickly. Camped there years ago, can be noisy but then it's near to the action and most places are.

Last year was the first time I've seen Pennards not actually full by the Thursday. I think campers' preferences are changing... My gen who used to party there are now in glamping or campers (or staff camping for me because I can't get a d@mn ticket). 

On 3/23/2024 at 9:24 AM, LeFreak said:

The London group should try to arrive on the west side of the site otherwise they'll have to trek all the way through the site with their stuff from the east car parks to get to you.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:31 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You're probably better off all heading towards orange car park and pedestrian gate A (seeing as one group is on the coach). It's slightly inconvenient for those coming from London as they'll drive "around" the site but it makes sense as most of you are coming from the west. If you do that, I'd suggest any of Darble, Dairy, Bushy or Pylon grounds. 

If you do end up going in through pedestrian gate D, it's no problem, just means a slightly longer walk for those on the coach. 

I think Pylon is entirely crew at the moment. WBC were camped there last year.

On 3/23/2024 at 9:24 AM, LeFreak said:

When are the group driving from Wales arriving at the site? We did the drive from Wales last year but did it on the Tuesday and then I joined the queue overnight. How free you are to choose which car parks and gate to head for will largely depend on when you are arriving. 

Oops sorry just seen your first post said 1pm Wednesday. I reckon you'd need to give the site a pretty wide berth at that time if you want to approach from a certain angle. 

Edited by gherkin8r