2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

7 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Just listening to the new PJ album. Lads, I didn't know Polly Jean was a Dorset girl! New album, new tour, local lass......

Apart from that Larmer Tree Gardens is in Hampshire, I don't really get why she'd debut the songs at a festival she has no direct connection to (other than that John Parish played it sixteen years ago) just because it's vaguely local.

I did vaguely wonder whether yesterday's tweet about how they're likely to sell 300 tickets before the end of the weekend suggested they were going to announce something today that would shift them...

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Apart from that Larmer Tree Gardens is in Hampshire, I don't really get why she'd debut the songs at a festival she has no direct connection to (other than that John Parish played it sixteen years ago) just because it's vaguely local.

I did vaguely wonder whether yesterday's tweet about how they're likely to sell 300 tickets before the end of the weekend suggested they were going to announce something today that would shift them...

Looks like Woods is in Dorset, Garden is in Wiltshire.  Still, I can't see her playing EOTR in any slot other than headliner but I know nothing.

On 7/7/2023 at 3:31 PM, robith said:

my humble opinion - it still hasn't sold out, if it was PJ Harvey they'd have unofficially leaked it imo

I think if it was anyone that would have sold tickets they would have unofficially leaked it. My guess is either they still haven't found someone for that slot, or they do know and whoever it is is less of a draw than the prospect of a mystery act.

4 hours ago, Dogleg said:

I think if it was anyone that would have sold tickets they would have unofficially leaked it. My guess is either they still haven't found someone for that slot, or they do know and whoever it is is less of a draw than the prospect of a mystery act.

They absolutely know who it is, and the odds are they're prohibited by management/label/contract from announcing it in advance, which is why outside the graphic they're not drawing attention to it (look at the blurb they put out alongside the splits)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

46 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Think Angel will be busy vs UMO? I would assume a lot of people would want to see her.

I think that's really difficult to gauge as I simply don't get the appeal of UMO, but they're clearly very well regarded. Think you may see a generational split between the two, maybe the younger crowd go to UMO and us oldies go to Angel.

What's the relative size of Garden vs Woods? Clashfinder suggests angel olsen will pull about 63% of the crowd, does anything else get added onto the lineup around that time (eg I could be persuaded to go to comedy / eat food) 

In terms of what's on directly before on those stages cass mccombs on garden looking more popular than greentea peng, but wunderhose & bodega looking v popular too, so will be movement in from quite a few stages... 

21 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If the count of most highlighted acts on the Clashfinder counts for anything, UMO are comfortably the least popular headliner while Angel is joint most chosen (with Wilco)

Followed next by Deerhoof - so a bit of a Thursday effect for Wilco?  How does Thursday usually play out, doe most people come in for a really nice relaxed atmosphere at the one stage, are people still spread wandering / exploring across the site, or are a sizeable chunk of people at the campsites relaxing & catching up?

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Followed next by Deerhoof - so a bit of a Thursday effect for Wilco?  How does Thursday usually play out, doe most people come in for a really nice relaxed atmosphere at the one stage, are people still spread wandering / exploring across the site, or are a sizeable chunk of people at the campsites relaxing & catching up?

Most people watch the main act. Or are at least in that field. And the bar is busy. Only the Woods, Tipi Folly and food area are open on Thursday really.

5 hours ago, p.pete said:

What's the relative size of Garden vs Woods? Clashfinder suggests angel olsen will pull about 63% of the crowd, does anything else get added onto the lineup around that time (eg I could be persuaded to go to comedy / eat food) 

In terms of what's on directly before on those stages cass mccombs on garden looking more popular than greentea peng, but wunderhose & bodega looking v popular too, so will be movement in from quite a few stages... 

It is of course worth noting that Clashfinder is a self selecting and unrepresentative panel. 

The large amount of people who just come to have a nice time and sit in front of a stage aren't looking at it, and since chairs are banned from the Garden stage after like 5pm or something, they'll be at the Woods, whatever is on

That said they do close the Garden stage if it gets too full so worth getting there early for Angel imo

Edited by robith

15 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Will there be any difficulty in getting into the Garden Stage to see Angel Olsen (i.e. does it have restricted capacity?) if so I'll head over early. 

They definitely closed the garden stage when Squid played a couple of years ago.

So it does happen.

I’d be surprised if they closed it for Angel, but I’m not going to risk it, so I’ll be getting there early-ish too.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Not sure what the timings are like on the various stages. Bodega top of the Boat bill on the Friday...will they be directly up against Angel or do those stages finish at different times? That would be a bummer, I'd hate to miss either of them.

No, the Boat stage finishes earlier so the disco can be set up. The Clashfinder uses last year's timings which shouldn't be that different: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2023/

The only potential change is if Angel gets staggered with UMO as happened with the Magnetic Fields and Pixies, but I doubt it as that would involve cutting set and changeover times.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Will there be any difficulty in getting into the Garden Stage to see Angel Olsen (i.e. does it have restricted capacity?) if so I'll head over early. 

Yes they do close it when it gets too busy but theres usually a lot of people leaving aswell so you may only be queuing for a few minutes.

Angel Olsen will be busy. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yes they do close it when it gets too busy but theres usually a lot of people leaving aswell so you may only be queuing for a few minutes.

Angel Olsen will be busy. 

She will indeed. Annoying as I wanted to watch Wunderhorse (which will itself be very busy in the 'Folly'). Guess we'll have to see the precise timings once they're out, but may have to duck out of that one early.

Almost as annoying as the Adigery & Bolis/Dungen/Crack Cloud/??? clash!

• Upvote 1