2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Agreed, fat dog a shoo in you would think given they’ve been placed early doors for their main slot

I thought they'd have a late night slot last year but it didn't happen.

Would be happy with HMLTD hanging around and doing a secret set on Friday.

5 hours ago, rwa said:

Could the ??? be BC Camplight?  Playing Edinburgh the night before and would be on the same day as their recently announced future support act Personal Trainer.

Or maybe Explosions in the sky as part of their farewell tour?

Explosions in the Sky yes please,  they were incredible last time. Still shocked there finishing 

Saying that I can't see it being them. How are earth would Future Islands follow that 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

EITS' European dates end two weeks before EOTR, it won't be them.

I feel I have to reiterate a couple of things, if we assume it is a surprise: it doesn't necessarily mean it's someone who is smaller or less of a potential draw than Future Islands, it means they didn't want to go months without being able to name a headliner; and if it's a secret/embargo it's not going to be someone who's been announced long ago for other festivals, unless those are the kind of promotional behemoths who would insist on contractual pre-promotion exclusivity.

I wasn't that enthused about them headlining initially, mostly because the amount of albums they have thrown out since Nonagon Infinity has been so overwhelming that I've lost track. But that new album is incredible. Bring on the heavy! That's what I say!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 1:20 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Someone called Picture Parlour have the Sunday listed on their dates. https://diymag.com/news/picture-parlour-debut-single-norwegian-wood 

Somebody noticed your post, they've since been removed from this link as being down to play the EOTR and from a similar NME online article which also had them playing. Shame. 

55 minutes ago, KevRP said:

Somebody noticed your post, they've since been removed from this link as being down to play the EOTR and from a similar NME online article which also had them playing. Shame. 

Oops. I wonder if they're a replacement for someone that the festival haven't confirmed yet or one of the Tipi late night surprises.

I've been meaning to post this podcast interview with Simon for a while:

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Re: the FI sub spot. So given it's ??? rather than tbc we think it might be a surprise rather than a late addition. It could therefore be someone special. Someone who is themselves of headline status, but maybe couldn't be announced before for contractual/negotiation reasons, maybe. And someone who hasn't been announced for any other festivals. Perhaps also someone who has their own tour coming up, so has a live show ready to go?

I can't think of anyone who ticks more of those boxes, including the one I just made up, than PJHarvey. I know that's hoping for a lot, but fk it, I'm going to hope anyway. Unless anybody has any inside info to suggest it's impossible?

5 minutes ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

Re: the FI sub spot. So given it's ??? rather than tbc we think it might be a surprise rather than a late addition. It could therefore be someone special. Someone who is themselves of headline status, but maybe couldn't be announced before for contractual/negotiation reasons, maybe. And someone who hasn't been announced for any other festivals. Perhaps also someone who has their own tour coming up, so has a live show ready to go?

I can't think of anyone who ticks more of those boxes, including the one I just made up, than PJHarvey. I know that's hoping for a lot, but fk it, I'm going to hope anyway. Unless anybody has any inside info to suggest it's impossible?

I noticed that The Smile have a new release out and they were a lot of people’s Surprise Act wish of last year.