2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

Yeah, they're in Europe that very weekend and haven't (yet) announced for any others. Also in Europe around those dates are Osees, Les Savy Fav, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Tropical Fuck Storm, Protomartyr, Crack Cloud, Wilco and Amyl & the Sniffers, and as discussed before the last two are still around and in the British Isles over EOTR weekend. I'm not sure any of those would do both GM and EOTR, they don't usually share names that high up the bill.

On the OP, who were bottom left on the first page of Simon's album list? They weren't tagged and I didn't recognise it.

19 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I wonder if The Smile might be one of our headliners.

I mean Jonny was drafted in after the the international acts backed out in 2021. It would be a great booking and fit well, I'm just sceptical if they're committing to any touring whilst they record LP2, but EOTR is quite late in the year so maybe that helps.

23 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I mean Jonny was drafted in after the the international acts backed out in 2021. It would be a great booking and fit well, I'm just sceptical if they're committing to any touring whilst they record LP2, but EOTR is quite late in the year so maybe that helps.

The Smile would be special. If they were playing the long game creating good vibes for EOTR, I might just forgive them for spoiling Sat evening '21 with classical music!!

18 minutes ago, TheMerryPig said:

The Smile would be special. If they were playing the long game creating good vibes for EOTR, I might just forgive them for spoiling Sat evening '21 with classical music!!

That Jonny Greenwood set was great and it was certainly advertised for what it was. It was hardly gonna be Radiohead instrumentals. There were other things on if his film scores werent your thing!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

That Jonny Greenwood set was great and it was certainly advertised for what it was. It was hardly gonna be Radiohead instrumentals. There were other things on if his film scores werent your thing!

I had great admiration for the Jonny Greenwood set, but it just wasn't right for a Saturday night, especially as the only other live option was Sleaford Mods, who would have been equally as divisive. 

It was then that I felt how all those punters who don't like Joanna Newsom felt.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Allo Darlin are reuniting for gigs. Seems to be in OCtober, but fingers crossed they start earlier

Doubt it, they're now spread across three countries.

Do we think there would be an Idles/Fontaines-type headliner? And also who'd going to be the oversized Sunday Big Top headliner, given the Murder Capital's return seems to have fallen a bit flat? (I know they're traditionally British/Irish but something in the back of my mind is saying Alvvays...)

32 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Doubt it, they're now spread across three countries.

Do we think there would be an Idles/Fontaines-type headliner? And also who'd going to be the oversized Sunday Big Top headliner, given the Murder Capital's return seems to have fallen a bit flat? (I know they're traditionally British/Irish but something in the back of my mind is saying Alvvays...)

Gilla Band? 

Wonder if Destroyer would be considered big enough to headline the Thursday on the back of Labyrinthitis? Would do for me anyway.

As mentioned before, Four Tet would be a sublime Friday headliner.

Would prefer Weyes Blood over Angel on the Saturday.

The Smile to finish things off on the Sunday.

We can but dream

52 minutes ago, domjon said:

Wonder if Destroyer would be considered big enough to headline the Thursday on the back of Labyrinthitis? Would do for me anyway.

As mentioned before, Four Tet would be a sublime Friday headliner.

Would prefer Weyes Blood over Angel on the Saturday.

The Smile to finish things off on the Sunday.

We can but dream

I'd see Weyes and Destroyer as more second stage headliners/subs.