2023 New Music

FloorFiller

On 1/20/2023 at 2:39 PM, fred quimby said:

New Izo Fitzroy track out today on Jalapeno Records.  Looking forward to the album later this year. Summer vibes.

Skimmed past this but then clocked the Jalapeno Records part.  Like this a lot, will check out her other stuff.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:57 PM, Quark said:

Tell you what, I'm surprisingly really enjoying the solo album from Dave Rowntree. Not what I was expecting at all.

Yep I have been enjoying this as well. Nothing much in albums today that I know of so have stuck a couple of random ones on plus the We Are Scientists one you suggested from last week. We'll see whether any of them stick. 

In other news I'm glad January is nearly over. It's a rubbish month!!

3 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

New Fucked Up! Sounding great on first listen - at least as good as the last two LPs, and maybe their best since David Comes To Life? I'm excited for their tour to start.

Like that. Caught them in the JP one year having never heard of them they were great. Pinkeye crowdsurfed to the sound desk then dropped his trousers and sang the last verse with his cock out. Sobered me right up. 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, EighteenSixty7 said:

I’m not their biggest fan but probably would’ve been as a teen, used to work with the lead singers brother aswell. This is brilliant. 

They're a cracking live band and they have some great lyrics. I'm far from a teen and I think the boys are top drawer. Definitely one of my favourite new bands, really hope they get a slot on the farm. 5 out of the 6 in our group would be ecstatic.

Edited by Boomtowner

15 hours ago, Quark said:

Part 2 of Smashing Pumpkins' rock opera doodad has just appeared in my new releases. Haven't listened to it (or indeed the first part) yet, will report back at some point.

I’m one of the few people who’s still routing for Smashing Pumpkins and keeping up with their new releases, but the first part was pretty damn bad and I’m not expecting any different from this second (or third) ones either.

Really doesn’t help that Billy has produced a lot of their more recent stuff himself which means aside from the songs being a bit crap, they all just sound pretty dreadful too, with his vocals being so gratingly high in the mix. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m one of the few people who’s still routing for Smashing Pumpkins and keeping up with their new releases, but the first part was pretty damn bad and I’m not expecting any different from this second (or third) ones either.

Really doesn’t help that Billy has produced a lot of their more recent stuff himself which means aside from the songs being a bit crap, they all just sound pretty dreadful too, with his vocals being so gratingly high in the mix. 

I did like Shiny... and Cyr tbf, haven't listened to the first part yet.