Pilton Party 2023

Crazyfool01

18 hours ago, incident said:

Miles too big unless they switched it to the actual Pyramid Stage (which would require new planning permission - on the permission they got in 2021 for Pyramid concerts they agreed not to have a standalone Pyramid show in the same year as a full festival).

It'll be someone uninteresting like Foals or Capaldi, whichever of them hasn't done it recently.

Could see them doing pyramid concerts on fallow years when the fest is not on so it be more like Glastonbury festival presents 

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Could see them doing pyramid concerts on fallow years when the fest is not on so it be more like Glastonbury festival presents 

Can't see it myself, they're too aware of the disruption caused to locals, and like to give them a year off. 

6 hours ago, jj200 said:

I can’t see that happening at all. It would either have to have camping or get a pyramid sized crowd in and out on the same day causing major disruption.

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

I can’t see that happening at all. It would either have to have camping or get a pyramid sized crowd in and out on the same day causing major disruption.

It would also be a much larger area to fence off and secure. What they have right now is just the right size for the type of acts they secure. I reckon the Pulp shout above is probably the one. Ticks a lot of the usual PP boxes 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

On 12/29/2022 at 1:31 PM, incident said:

Not even close to being the same thing though. Playing the C&G was a PR stunt (a very good one at that), as part of announcing their Festival headline slot.

Pilton Party typically has been a locally focussed event and with entirely domestic bills. Since they moved it to Worthy Farm 15 years ago, these are the headliners and subs:

2022: Elbow, Easy Life
2019: Wolf Alice, Supergrass
2018: Liam Gallagher, Katy Hurt
2017: Bastille, Declan McKenna
2016: Fatboy Slim, Blossoms
2015: Rudimental, Wolf Alice
2014: Foals, Ella Eyre
2013: Example, Miles Kane
2012: The Vaccines, Professor Green
2011: Plan B, Hot Rats
2010: Paolo Nutini, Stornoway
2009: Dizzee Rascal, Florence & The Machine
2008: Franz Ferdinand, Ting Tings
2007: Massive Attack, Reverence and the Makers

With those names considered 2023 smells like a Wet Leg/Self Esteem kinda year 🤔

8 hours ago, parsonjack said:

With those names considered 2023 smells like a Wet Leg/Self Esteem kinda year 🤔

no it doesn't those acts played the last festival.

PP tends to have acts that'll feature big at the next festival.

37 minutes ago, Neil said:

no it doesn't those acts played the last festival.

PP tends to have acts that'll feature big at the next festival.

Covid may have skewed things but I'm not certain that is a pattern to be relied upon now.  Discounting Fatboy (obvs) there's actually only been Vaccines in 2012/13 and Liam in 2018/19 that conform in the last 10 years....and god help us if Elbow 'feature big' in 2023.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:34 PM, Muppetmark said:

How about a constructive idea?? 

Why do speculative ideas need to be “constructive”? 

Foo’s for PP aren’t totally out of the question if that includes some kind of headline deal for 2024. They’re massive fans of the festival and moved heaven and earth for the fest in 2017. 

I don’t think they’re likely in the next cycle. Think it’s more likely we’ll see them in 2025, but the vitriol some people have responded with in this thread is a bit odd. 

Edited by kalifire

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...