Pilton Party 2023

Crazyfool01

50 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Early punt im going for the Foos 

Miles too big unless they switched it to the actual Pyramid Stage (which would require new planning permission - on the permission they got in 2021 for Pyramid concerts they agreed not to have a standalone Pyramid show in the same year as a full festival).

It'll be someone uninteresting like Foals or Capaldi, whichever of them hasn't done it recently.

Just now, incident said:

Miles too big unless they switched it to the actual Pyramid Stage (which would require new planning permission - on the permission they got in 2021 for Pyramid concerts they agreed not to have a standalone Pyramid show in the same year as a full festival).

It'll be someone uninteresting like Foals or Capaldi, whichever of them hasn't done it recently.

Neither of them have done it … it’s seems to attract above the size acts for the size of festival … just my early punt based on the sept Glastonbury cancelled thing 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Maybe a suggestion who you think might play rather than an absolute shutting down of me 

I have absolutely no idea who will headline Pilton Party, but I’m fairly confident it won’t be one of the biggest bands on the planet 12 months after the untimely death of their drummer.

Don’t take things to heart. It’s not “shutting down” to point out something is hugely unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I have absolutely no idea who will headline Pilton Party, but I’m fairly confident it won’t be one of the biggest bands on the planet 12 months after the untimely death of their drummer.

Don’t take things to heart. It’s not “shutting down” to point out something is hugely unrealistic.

Yeah I get that … I like to take a more unlikely punt … it’s had some out of place stuff for the size of the gig in the past … maybe foos is a stretch but they don’t do small there given the contact they have 

Last 5 were Elbow, Wolf Alice, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, and FBS.

Feels very much like a "friends of the festival" list, and all UK based so minimal costs incurred. Would expect that trend to continue going forward. I think an overseas act are only likely if they fit it into an already happening UK tour.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Last 5 were Elbow, Wolf Alice, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, and FBS.

Feels very much like a "friends of the festival" list, and all UK based so minimal costs incurred. Would expect that trend to continue going forward. I think an overseas act are only likely if they fit it into an already happening UK tour.

Wasn’t there a rumour one year that they tried for Kings of Leon? Or did I imagine that.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wasn’t there a rumour one year that they tried for Kings of Leon? Or did I imagine that.

It's not something I'd remember as I don't follow PP closely, so maybe it was talked about it at some point - but ultimately it didn't happen, and as best I can tell it* hasn't happened in a very long time if ever.

*it being an overseas act making a special trip over outside of them being in the country anyway.

44 minutes ago, incident said:

They played the Cheese & Grain

reckon this is best left until after the next Glastonbury festival, as it tends to have acts who will feature at the following (the next year's)  festival.

Edited by Neil
edited for clarity of meaning.

14 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

They played the Cheese & Grain

Not even close to being the same thing though. Playing the C&G was a PR stunt (a very good one at that), as part of announcing their Festival headline slot.

Pilton Party typically has been a locally focussed event and with entirely domestic bills. Since they moved it to Worthy Farm 15 years ago, these are the headliners and subs:

2022: Elbow, Easy Life
2019: Wolf Alice, Supergrass
2018: Liam Gallagher, Katy Hurt
2017: Bastille, Declan McKenna
2016: Fatboy Slim, Blossoms
2015: Rudimental, Wolf Alice
2014: Foals, Ella Eyre
2013: Example, Miles Kane
2012: The Vaccines, Professor Green
2011: Plan B, Hot Rats
2010: Paolo Nutini, Stornoway
2009: Dizzee Rascal, Florence & The Machine