Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I’ve just got a hunch that Bring Me The Horizon will be there this year. With them headlining Download, I can’t see them any lower down the bill than headlining Other or Subbing the pointy one. 

Only a hunch though, and I know jack, so…

Last time they played other stage to a near empty crowd - albeit they were up against Kylie but I just don’t think they are a big crowd puller at glasto 

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Lizzo into Elton is perfect, really. She'd be good on Other but has proven once she can hold that massive field.

I agree she is a perfect Elton sub. It’s what I would predict her for first ahead of anything.

Tbh though, where is she? She’s not popped up on any festivals yet (state side or in europe). Her tour ends in March but after that it’s all very quiet. There is a chance she’s not on the scene.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree she is a perfect Elton sub. It’s what I would predict her for first ahead of anything.

Tbh though, where is she? She’s not popped up on any festivals yet (state side or in europe). Her tour ends in March but after that it’s all very quiet. There is a chance she’s not on the scene.

...or perhaps she hasn't shown up on any festival lineups yet because barely any festivals have revealed their lineups for next year? It's only November, Matt.

4 minutes ago, y0ungtitan said:

Reckon it'll be Bon Iver, The Prodigy and then one of Lizzo/Doja Cat (the other playing but subbing the Pyramid. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bon Iver subbing the pyramid a la The National a few years back but Other headliner makes a lot more sense

Bon Iver has been touted for a Glastonbury performance for ages now and it just never seems to happen. He needs to be in the dark. 

My 3 are Prodigy/Queens of The Stone Age/Doja Cat. With the 3 pyramid subs being Pulp/Lizzo/Royal Blood. 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're getting big gigs elsewhere why would they want to come to the G and play for one man and his dog?

Are we allowed to bring dogs to Glastonbury now? My two would love it!!!

Anyway... I dunno, just a hunch... I have no logical explanation. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Last time they played other stage to a near empty crowd - albeit they were up against Kylie but I just don’t think they are a big crowd puller at glasto 

I was at Fontaines this year for that slot, BMTH crowd looks busier in videos from 2019 than that Fontaines set. But I wasn't there in 2019 and appreciate videos may be deceptive. There were loads of people lying down on the grass inside the track at Fontaines though... 🤷‍♂️

Looks a bit livelier too... 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@Alvoram I just don’t think the demand is there to give them a gigantic slot. I think big G know they can get them lower. If they had played a few times to roaring large crowds it might happen, but they’ve played a few times now to muted reception. 

Fair enough I guess. Do you think they'd take a lower billing themselves after headlining elsewhere? 

I've still got a hunch they'll appear one way or another. In fact, I'll go as far as to predict that they drop the second installment of their Post Human E.P series soon, and on the back of recent collabs with Ed Sheeran, Sigrid and Machine Gun Kelly, it'll go straight to No 1 in the album charts just like the 2020 installment. 

16 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Fair enough I guess. Do you think they'd take a lower billing themselves after headlining elsewhere? 

I've still got a hunch they'll appear one way or another. In fact, I'll go as far as to predict that they drop the second installment of their Post Human E.P series soon, and on the back of recent collabs with Ed Sheeran, Sigrid and Machine Gun Kelly, it'll go straight to No 1 in the album charts just like the 2020 installment. 

Could be a good secret set i guess in the JP

although you'd get tons of people rock up and be disappointed

Just now, gfa said:

Could be a good secret set i guess in the JP

although you'd get tons of people rock up and be disappointed

Nooooooooooooo... I have already decided I'm not bothering with any (mainstream) secret sets this year. They're too much hassle. 😞

Bollocks to it, I'm buying Download tickets, lineup is too good to miss... Don't even need to camp, it's a 15-20 min drive / taxi away.