Friend is adamant to stay Tangerine Fields? Is it worth it?

TGCarr

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

No worries....I seem to remember there may be a collection point in a portakabin at Gate B where you could collect your tickets.  Pretty sure you'll not be able to do it at TF camp itself, but Gate B is literally 3 mins away. 

Love that! Park the car at TF, go get the tickets and head back. Or even get to the tents then get tickets!

appreciatethe help mate!

On 11/6/2022 at 10:47 PM, parsonjack said:

Hi....we've done TF about 6 times now and love it. They have their own car park in the adjacent field so it's a 2 minute walk between car/tent...and leaving on Monday is a doddle as you get directed out through a different route to the main East parking.  Loads of toilets and showers which are generally clean all weekend, and a block of flushers in the first field too. Couple of food trucks and a bar on site, plus phone charging points and hairdryers etc. Great staff who will help with your gear if you need it. 

So the walk....nearest gate is B....about 3 mins if you use the cut through and walk down the field alongside the fence to Gate B....then about 10 mins amble from there to Pyramid or down Muddy Lane to Williams Green. All downhill on the way in, so naturally uphill on way back. As regards returning during the day, it's really not too much to do unless you have a really packed schedule. We're in our late 50's and we generally do an afternoon trip back to get evening kit most days. We've done Worthy View a few years back and for us the longer but less steep walk to TF is a better option. 

I'm biased obvs but it suits us perfectly and have no complaints at all. 

Note that the 4 man tent option has already sold out since this morning though - so they must be doing something right. 

Having stayed twice at Worthy View have just booked 3 x Two man tents at Tangerine Fields just for a change and also avoids the bun fight of the WV sale day.

As you have stayed several time could you answer a couple of questions:

1.  The two man tents do look smaller than the WV Scout tents but are they totally fine (the pictures are deceiving).

2. Based on just wanting the tent to sleep in and not party any recommendation for where to "request" our tents to be located?  I hear that some are on a bit of an incline.  Reading one of your previous posts it sounded like the back of the middle field sounded ideal?

Any other tips?  Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, spcdust said:

Having stayed twice at Worthy View have just booked 3 x Two man tents at Tangerine Fields just for a change and also avoids the bun fight of the WV sale day.

1.  The two man tents do look smaller than the WV Scout tents but are they totally fine (the pictures are deceiving).

2. Based on just wanting the tent to sleep in and not party any recommendation for where to "request" our tents to be located?  I hear that some are on a bit of an incline.  Reading one of your previous posts it sounded like the back of the middle field sounded ideal?

Hi there.....we've not stayed in the 2-man option but as long as you don't have piles of baggage they look fine for a few days and a place to crash.  The pics on TF site show different brands but the one I can see is a Vango Sigma 300....there's a good write up and more pics on here....

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/Vango-Sigma-300/708

Ref location of your tent then yes, all 3 of the fields have an incline to some degree, although not seriously so in any of them.  The first field, where 'check-in' is seems to have the largest concentration of the 2-man tents and although it starts to slope off  there is a decent area on top that is virtually flat...that said they do seem to pitch the last row before the slope becomes too much for anyone to sleep on comfortably.  There are then more tents pitched below the path into second field where the ground levels out.  The best views are from the top area though. The second field is much the same although smaller, and has the toilets/showers at the bottom...again having a slope but reasonably flat at the top.  Third field (which has the bar and food...and exit from TF to Gate B) much the same...flat at the top then a mild slope down to the pathway.  if you want flat then top of any of them is a decent bet, although as you point out we prefer the middle field ourselves.  The thing to do is make a decision on where you'd like to be and then mail them with a request...we've done this every time since our first visit and they have always provided the spot we've asked for.  Also, if you get there early on Weds and your pitch isn't good for you then you can ask to be moved.

Car park (separate parking ticket needed @ £55) is in the adjacent field now although it used to be opposite.  It's only a few yards to the check-in tent and first camping field but to use the short route you have to lug your stuff over a set of steps that straddles a hedgerow.  It's totally sturdy but a bit of a struggle if you have large baggage etc. The alternative is to leave the carpark via the entrance gateway and then walk back up the lane to the check in field..it's only 50m or so further but you'd def need to do this if you had a trolley.

Hope this helps...anything else you need just shout.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi there.....we've not stayed in the 2-man option but as long as you don't have piles of baggage they look fine for a few days and a place to crash.  The pics on TF site show different brands but the one I can see is a Vango Sigma 300....there's a good write up and more pics on here....

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/Vango-Sigma-300/708

Ref location of your tent then yes, all 3 of the fields have an incline to some degree, although not seriously so in any of them.  The first field, where 'check-in' is seems to have the largest concentration of the 2-man tents and although it starts to slope off  there is a decent area on top that is virtually flat...that said they do seem to pitch the last row before the slope becomes too much for anyone to sleep on comfortably.  There are then more tents pitched below the path into second field where the ground levels out.  The best views are from the top area though. The second field is much the same although smaller, and has the toilets/showers at the bottom...again having a slope but reasonably flat at the top.  Third field (which has the bar and food...and exit from TF to Gate B) much the same...flat at the top then a mild slope down to the pathway.  if you want flat then top of any of them is a decent bet, although as you point out we prefer the middle field ourselves.  The thing to do is make a decision on where you'd like to be and then mail them with a request...we've done this every time since our first visit and they have always provided the spot we've asked for.  Also, if you get there early on Weds and your pitch isn't good for you then you can ask to be moved.

Car park (separate parking ticket needed @ £55) is in the adjacent field now although it used to be opposite.  It's only a few yards to the check-in tent and first camping field but to use the short route you have to lug your stuff over a set of steps that straddles a hedgerow.  It's totally sturdy but a bit of a struggle if you have large baggage etc. The alternative is to leave the carpark via the entrance gateway and then walk back up the lane to the check in field..it's only 50m or so further but you'd def need to do this if you had a trolley.

Hope this helps...anything else you need just shout.

Thanks for such a comprehensive answer, really appreciate it.

Been going to Glasto since the mid 90's and camped all over but once you have done pre-erected with more space, better facilities and car just a short walk away (so you can store all clothing for whatever weather) it's hard to go back.  WV has served us well and I do like it but 2019 the queues for toilets and such like were getting a little long at peak times, totally accept there will be peak times where ever you are but people were reporting 30 minutes in the morning this year.  Also, good to check out other options and TF have been doing this for a long time now so I reckon will have it all nailed down.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in TF in 2011 and it seemed much closer than it is now - has the location changed or am I not remembering right? We’ve done Worthy View the last few times but the new prices are a lot dearer than TF 🤦‍♀️ Though think I’d prefer the steeper, shorter walk to WV if that’s the case… it’s always nice to do an end-of-night pit stop at Strummerville. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, spcdust said:

Sorry for the bump but interested in how you found Tangerine Fields compared to Worthy Farm?

Can’t do a comparison with WV but we stayed in TF Base Camp last year and it was very decent, so much so we’ve booked again for next year. 

We were fairly lucky in being near the bottom of the incline (nothing steep BTW) and I reckon it was a 15 minute walk to Gate B. Two person tent had enough space for two plus two big rucksacks and two small bags plus a few other bits.

I’m booked for Tangerine Fields next year. I stayed in Worthy View in 2022 and it was ok, but they put me in the first block of tents and it would have been a very long walk if they placed me further back. So I thought I would give Tangerine Fields a go.

I also camped in Hitchin Hill for 5 festivals before trying Worthy View and I’m looking forward to being back on that side of the valley 😀

Anyone worried about returning during the day for extra layers or extra beer supplies - just use the lock ups on site.

Yes you have to be organised and make sure you have everything when you leave in the morning, but if you use the lock ups, you don’t have to go back for anything until you head back for bed.

27 minutes ago, amfy said:

Anyone worried about returning during the day for extra layers or extra beer supplies - just use the lock ups on site.

Yes you have to be organised and make sure you have everything when you leave in the morning, but if you use the lock ups, you don’t have to go back for anything until you head back for bed.

What are the queues like at the lock ups and are there plenty of them about? Are they an extra charge?

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What are the queues like at the lock ups and are there plenty of them about? Are they an extra charge?

I’d say there are specific times that there’s a queue for the lock ups like just after the headliners but mostly there’s never much of a wait. 
They are dotted about the site  - there’s maybe about 5 altogether? 
you can store literally anything - anything from your passport/purse to crates of beers to bicycles. 
A donation is entirely voluntary (just a collection jar on the counter & genuinely no one seems to notice whether you donate or not) but I tend to just put a quid in each time I use them. 

51 minutes ago, amfy said:

I’d say there are specific times that there’s a queue for the lock ups like just after the headliners but mostly there’s never much of a wait. 
They are dotted about the site  - there’s maybe about 5 altogether? 
you can store literally anything - anything from your passport/purse to crates of beers to bicycles. 
A donation is entirely voluntary (just a collection jar on the counter & genuinely no one seems to notice whether you donate or not) but I tend to just put a quid in each time I use them. 

Including your change of clothes so you can go straight out after your shift!

Just now, tarw said:

I’ve used them for pharmaceuticals as well

If you're staying outside the fence and you only need to have your pharmaceuticals  with you when inside the fence, it makes very little sense to keep taking them in and out with you 🙂 

... so I've heard! 🙂