Banned!

tarw

Just now, parsonjack said:

I completely agree.  I'm aware of the technical difficulties but blanket bans though isn't the way to sort the wheat from the chaff.

that wasn't the point it was to block the trolls, which it successfully did.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

I completely agree.  I'm aware of the technical difficulties but blanket bans though isn't the way to sort the wheat from the chaff.

where do you get off on fantasising my motivations to try to elevate your status

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

everyone should have a public commentary on how they do their job, would only be fair.

What does his job have anything to do with you?

People are criticising the way these bans are affecting large swathes of people who haven't done anything wrong, it's not a personal attack - so I don't think you should start talking about people's jobs which are completely unrelated to this forum. It's not welcoming at all to think that you're going to bring up people's jobs that are completely unrelated to this forum the moment they mention any minor criticism. 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

What does his job have anything to do with you?

why does my job have anything to do with others here who say my successful business of 20 years is down to them. who else has people come into their work to tell them they'd be shit without them.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

why does my job have anything to do with others here who say my successful business of 20 years is down to them. who else has people come into their work to tell them they'd be shit without them.

I haven't said it'd be shit, so don't pull that one on me. At the end of the day as a forum owner you should probably have the ability to take on criticism in my opinion, it's not even that harsh criticism. A lot of people have been disappointed at the direction and as a user they're allowed to voice those concerns, just like if you were at a restaurant you might complain about the service. It's not someone spitting in your face and telling you to fuck off.  

Just now, kingbadger said:

Only just realised my mobile Internet IP has either changed or been unbanned as I can get on the forum without a VPN now. 

like the rest of the trolls, glad to see you took your not-wanted seriously, you're too important to be not-3wanted.

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I haven't said it'd be shit, so don't pull that one on me. At the end of the day as a forum owner you should probably have the ability to take on criticism in my opinion, it's not even that harsh criticism. A lot of people have been disappointed at the direction and as a user they're allowed to voice those concerns, just like if you were at a restaurant you might complain about the service. It's not someone spitting in your face and telling you to fuck off.  

anyone else who had this shit from their job would quit their job, unless they'd worked hard tgfo have that job.

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Whilst I’m all for healthy debate, and rational criticism, and very much against censorship, I’m unclear what purpose this thread is serving. It’s not really doing anyone any good.

its for people to state how important they think they are.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

like the rest of the trolls, glad to see you took your not-wanted seriously, you're too important to be not-3wanted.

What on earth are you talking about? All I did was mention how the issue I had with my IP is no longer an issue and I can access the forums again. 

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

What on earth are you talking about? All I did was mention how the issue I had with my IP is no longer an issue and I can access the forums again. 

you mentioned that you'd ignored the block.

23 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not that valuable cos the income when the forums were off-line a year ago was very similar to when they're here.

Wasn't it the other way around? 

I thought the forums were fixed first and the main site was offline for a further period of time? 

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

you're included in that. no one in this thread has a clear fool-proof way forward

Moderators

Trolling has been a problem on here all year and its clearly not going away, I wish @Neil that you'd just sort it out properly instead of going on IP banning sprees that clearly do not work

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

i think little of anyone who over-rates their own importance.

I don't think many people have that high a sense of self importance, way I see it some people have pointed out it's shit that people who used to be able to get on here (not trolls! normal uses!) can no longer get on here. That surely hurts some of your ad revenue. I don't think people are saying the forum would crumble without their individual activity but it would if everyone left, which a lot of people evidently don't want to happen and have tried to help (whether you think it's helpful or not). Your responses to some of these people has been quite rude and nasty in my opinion, we know some people treat you like shit on here and you don't deserve it, but neither do the people you treat like shit either.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

you mentioned that you'd ignored the block.

What block? My mobile IP address had been blocked, I could access the forums via VPN and it's worked perfectly fine on WiFi. Of course I still wanted to access the forums and post despite being caught in your IP banning spree. 

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Moderators

Trolling has been a problem on here all year and its clearly not going away, I wish @Neil that you'd just sort it out properly instead of going on IP banning sprees that clearly do not work

Neil clearly doesn't want moderators as he believes they will ruin the site, despite many other more popular forums also having moderators and operating fine.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

That surely hurts some of your ad revenue.

it does but its not worth it, neither is of that much importance to me, its more shit than anyone should suffer in their job.