Banned!

tarw

6 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

I can only speak for myself but I’ve been a member of this forum for 13 years, been a gold supporter for a lot of that, and to find myself IP banned due to actions of others is incredibly disappointing. I doubt I’m the only one in this boat.

I don’t have a way to prove i’m not one of these “trolls” but it sounds like you have the data to see I don’t have any other accounts. 

Neil doesn't care. If you complain or question his behaviour he believes you're part of the problem and want trolls here

He refuses mods because he likes the power.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i'm disappointed that i'm having to make these actions that affect others.that theres people doing this trying to make me unwell with them knowing i spent more than half of last year in hospital makes me question the human race.

i'm not going to let them make me unwell, i'll just shut the forums down entirely things can't go back to some sort of normality.

You did this last year. Yet here we are again.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup. Ignore the issue and keep pushing it away every year it happens rather than looking into the issue.Seems sensible.

i looked into the uissue and saw w*nkers determined to be w*nkers (i used to have the facebook screen prints for it, them saying they wanted to spoil the forums for people like you), and you're very happy to help them along.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

You will kill your own site before the trolls ever do.

yeah, cos i''ll turn it off for everyone if it can't operate nicely, which it isn't when you and others are here to dig at me.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're making assumptions with 'genuine customers', people are often not what they seem. if it was all genuine customers i wouldn't have these problems.

I’m a genuine customer. A less valued customer than I thought I was a few days ago, but a genuine one nonetheless.   

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Neil doesn't care. If you complain or question his behaviour he believes you're part of the problem and want trolls here

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

He refuses mods because he likes the power.

because they don't solve the problem; the problem is some people  who want power themselves.

1 minute ago, themuel said:

I’m a genuine customer. A less valued customer than I thought I was a few days ago, but a genuine one nonetheless.   

imagine your work customers came in each day and pushed everything from your desk onto the floor. that's about it here.

I got a three-month ban at the beginning of May for 'idoitic vacuous posting' for posting the below link to some old music in the old music thread. When I politely enquired as to why, I was told it was for idiotic vacuous posting.

Wouldn't it be an idea to tell people why they are being banned? Then they may be able to modify their behaviour accordingly in future.

Post.PNG

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

that's often what happens anyway cos i'm right on it.

That's great, but no man can do it alone, nobody is super human, you'll make yourself poorly, (and the trolls will twist the knife.) 

There's people that have been around here for decades, people who you've met multiple times, people YOU CAN TRUST, who I'm sure would be happy to help moderate. 

Just think about it Neil, there's no shame in needing help, there's shame in not taking it. You're only human!

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, themuel said:

Ultimately it’s a forum I like to use. Not life or death. 

It would be great to be unbanned so I can use it without having to jump through hoops seeing as I’ve paid, but if not then I won’t lose any sleep over it. 

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

That's great, but no man can do it alone, nobody is super human, you'll make yourself poorly, (and the trolls will twist the knife.) 

There's people that have been around here for decades, people who you've met multiple times, people YOU CAN TRUST, who I'm sure would be happy to help moderate. 

Just think about it Neil, there's no shame in needing help, there's shame in not taking it. You're only human!

Absolutely this 💯

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

i looked into the uissue and saw w*nkers determined to be w*nkers (i used to have the facebook screen prints for it, them saying they wanted to spoil the forums for people like you), and you're very happy to help them along.

Blaming those who are trying to help, or suggest or that are simply not happy with the way you're treating regular users is not the way to make this place work.

Just now, Alvoram said:

i've done it alone for 20 years, why should some bad actors cause that to change. i'd prefer to put my own interests first, so they don't make me unwell,).

Just now, Alvoram said:

i'm pretty sure that many of the  people trolling fit within that spec.

Just now, Alvoram said:

no one is able to tell me how things would improve with some new mods, until they can it ain't happening.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

imagine your work customers came in each day and pushed everything from your desk onto the floor. that's about it here.

I would hire security and lock my door. People will always try to ruin things. It's your job as the owner to prevent it before it happens. 

You have changed nothing since last year.

Just now, Neil said:

i've done it alone for 20 years, why should some bad actors cause that to change. i'd prefer to put my own interests first, so they don't make me unwell,).

no one is able to tell me how things would improve with some new mods, until they can it ain't happening.

They can help make your life a damn site easier to start with … neil I actually give a shit about you and your health and your business … please let people help … that’s no admission of any kind of failure it’s understanding that maybe things are a little harder these days for you 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

that's what i've done with the ip range bans, but you don';t think it should happen.

I never said it shouldn't. I just don't think banning your regular users and then telling them to go fuck themselves when they offer a solution is the best way to handle it.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Ah yes. This old rhetoric again. Everyone that is critical of you isn't hanging with the trolls. 

not everyone, but its interesting what i see when i look at some data on who has upvoted posts critical of me.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Don't be silly. Neil doesn't trust anyone. Everyone is out to get him, everyone is in bed with the trolls. Even those who have given him money.

no one has given me money.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They can help make your life a damn site easier to start with … neil I actually give a shit about you and your health and your business … please let people help … that’s no admission of any kind of failure it’s understanding that maybe things are a little harder these days for you 

We went through this last year dude, a lot of people left to make a separate forum for when Neil loses it. He doesn't want help. This will keep happening until it breaks.

Just now, Neil said:

You've done it for 20 years, but in those 20 years people have learned a lot about technology, how to get around bans, etc etc. Block banning doesn't really ban people, we both know anybody that wants to get on still can. It just inconveniences people, mostly your decent members. 

I'd probably agree with you, that some of those trolling have been around a long time. But there is absolutely people on here who have the community's best interests at heart. People you know well and have done for a long time (I am 100% not interested in modding myself, so that counters your worries about folk suggesting it wanting power, I DO NOT!)

Things would change because you'd write a list of rules for your mod team to look out for, anything breaks those rules and the post is instantly zapped. It's about speed and consistency, when a trolls posts are zapped within seconds, they give up, they know they're beat. It's a proven method that works everywhere else. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Don't be silly. Neil doesn't trust anyone. Everyone is out to get him, everyone is in bed with the trolls. Even those who have given him money.

Ok so let’s offer help and show we aren’t .. proactive stuff … it took a massive job getting the forum running and no one likes the dickheads either …