Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Patchy but sounds pretty decent in parts. Sound mix is shocking though, the Guitar way too low. That would be more a problem on the Pyramid than the voice. Hope it’s just that video.

To be fair I've seen stuff live at Glasto and thought it sounded decent and then watched the TV footage and it sounded a lot worse so hopefully you are right!

Hopefully they can have a good start and get the crowd singing along.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I don't think the videos do it justice tbh.

Being in the crowd singing along with a nice buzz it probably would be quite fun. 

Absolutely! I don't think anyone's fooling themselves into thinking Axel's voice is as good as it was 30 years ago, but listening to it live will be very different. Video below from this year... more crowd, more reverb, more betterness. I can understand why some people will swerve it, but for me it's going to be a big ole sing along with lashing of air guitar!

• Upvote 1

If you don’t want to watch GNR, don’t watch GNR. There’s no need to make such a production of it. If you think a YouTube clip is an accurate representation of the experience of seeing a band (any band) live, you really need to see more live bands. And all the criticism about Axl”s voice… we heard exactly the same aimed at Macca last year, yet there weren’t that many people walking away unhappy at the end of Saturday night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It’s not often you get a genuine bone fide ROCK band at Glastonbury. I enjoyed Metallica even with a dwindling crowd, the people who were there loved it. Suspect this will be a much bigger crowd but hopefully the same kind of buzz. I can’t wait for this.

Currently bidding for a top hat.

I hope they aren’t shite.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I don't think the videos do it justice tbh.

Being in the crowd singing along with a nice buzz it probably would be quite fun. 

Yeah exactly this. I saw them in 2017 and again last year and it’s just a huge, fun singalong for a few hours. It’ll be a great show on the Pyramid. 

Edited by glenn2ns

7 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Assuming that you’re being sarcastic then yeah. Why waste your time watching a legendary band when you can watch a bloke stand still.

And yes, I’ve seen him plenty of times.

Course I am, it's going to be ace. Probably sound sh*t on tv but 🤷

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Crikey, 32 songs.

Considering his voice is a bit hit and miss, I'm surprised Axl wants to do such long shows.

Still, they'll obv play the hits, so cutting some stuff out for the avg fan will be easy.

Can't wait to see them.

I'm the same. Was never a big fan, even back in the day, but I think they are going to be brilliant. The setlist is epic. Really looking forward to it. 

Disclaimer - not a GnR fan and wouldn't see them anyway but I would say its important to remember this is an Abu Dhabi crowd. I live in the UAE and our live music crowds are generally pretty awful - just statues watching through phone screens. 

Has Axl's voice gone a bit? Sure but a decent Pyramid crowd will absolutely carry him along. Completely different scenario to a half-asleep Abu Dhabi crowd. 

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm not seeing GnR, but I feel bad for you lot who are looking forward to them and just have constant negativity in this thread! People aren't coming to give Folamour a kicking in his thread. Just go see something else.

It was the same with Jay Z/ Kanye/ Metallica.

To be clear, I'm laughing *at* the people who predicate their plans for the most important weekend of the on YouTube crowd footage / Lisa Marie Presley's funeral.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be clear, I'm laughing *at* the people who predicate their plans for the most important weekend of the on YouTube crowd footage / Lisa Marie Presley's funeral.

Yeah you're sound Gonzo, it's the people genuinely coming in here to tell everyone else why GnR are past it and why you must be a drooling moron to want to see them.

Shorter set tonight by 5 songs. Missing from the previous show were:

Reckless Life, Street of Dreams, Nice Boys, Don't Cry and My Michelle. 

Started and finished earlier (so not shorter because of coming on late), 2hrs 45, so the length of their Glastonbury timeslot. 

Riff Raff part of sound check 👀 

Need to ditch Wichita Linesman and bring My Michelle back in!

Screenshot_20230605_213731_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4414d71a347a9f98730dac0682579882.jpg

Screenshot_20230605_213748_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2ee677806ba641ff5e712385e9088736.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Yeah you're sound Gonzo, it's the people genuinely coming in here to tell everyone else why GnR are past it and why you must be a drooling moron to want to see them.

I don’t drool.

It’s going to be a stoned groove my man.

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would not want to see these. Granted I’ve not watched any recent footage so I’m hoping for the best. I have seen Elton John recently though and I’m avoiding him like the plague.

Double denim Saturday is nearly here, ooooooohhhh yeahhhhhhhh.

yowser!!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Started and finished earlier (so not shorter because of coming on late), 2hrs 45, so the length of their Glastonbury timeslot. 

Screenshot_20230605_213731_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4414d71a347a9f98730dac0682579882.jpg

Screenshot_20230605_213748_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2ee677806ba641ff5e712385e9088736.jpg

Really hoping they don't drop 'My Michelle'! Easily my favourite GnR song ever since hearing an AFI cover of it on 'The Lock Up' on Radio 1 when I was a teenager. It was the late night punk show hosted by Mike Davis and he did an episode dedicate to punk covers, with that particular one being the stand out track. It definitely opened me up to diving in to GnR beyond the hits.

They hadn't been playing it last year from what I saw on Setlistfm, so hopefully it's a more regular feature in their current run of shows and gets a run out on the pyramid.

Edited by Familiar2billions

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't Cry is probably a bigger loss given its one of their bigger UK hits.

I can live without it. The set is already ballad heavy, and I’d lose November rain too if it were up to me. Patience and Estranged are all I need.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Slither dream lives on!