Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We never get anything in January anyway.

Reckon it’ll be a good six weeks until we get the next one confirmed.

Yep I had it in my head that we usually get something at the Brits but @Gnomicidesaid no. Must be NME instead. I am sure Emily and/or Michael turn up and they usually give a cheeky little announcement. Not always Pyramid headliner but something to keep us all occupied for a while.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I had it in my head that we usually get something at the Brits but @Gnomicidesaid no. Must be NME instead. I am sure Emily and/or Michael turn up and they usually give a cheeky little announcement. Not always Pyramid headliner but something to keep us all occupied for a while.

All we get at the Brits is a drunken @morph100.

7 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Not sure U2 will play with a replacement drummer but stranger things have happened. 

Larry Mullen Jr. says he may not drum with U2 if the band tours in 2023 (nme.com)

more inclined to beleive the Foos will turn up somewhere

I guess it depends what the rest want to do. I know U2 once did a show with a different bass player but that was in very different circumstances, and was a noted one-off.

The rumour was doing the rounds of U2 playing the new MSG Sphere in Vegas in 2023 as part of that venue's opening but that seems to have gone quiet of late.

Still seems as though the fixation is Bono doing more of his book tour, mind.

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We never get anything in January anyway.

Reckon it’ll be a good six weeks until we get the next one confirmed.

Usually March time it gets announced, so there's logic to being braced both for such a long haul and for this thread to continue to go round in confrontational circles.

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

I don't know what is going on with this thread cos I can't keep up. Is anyone able to summarise the last week/days of this thread in bullet points or a PowerPoint if felt necessary? 

Forget the bands and imagine Lord of the Flies with a downvote button.

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Let's be real though, it's not "the whole of music" for the top of the pyramid is it? It's rock and pop and sometimes hip-hop. Pretty broad but it's not as broad as all of music. 

Glastonbury have far more choice than Download - silly suggestion.

Download are limited to who they have and booking repeats for a reason - if they started booking subs as headliners then the festival would just start shrinking

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Are they? How exactly? Because Sprinty Dave said nice things about them? Because they did that stunt at the C&G? They've played twice, and they were 20 years apart. Pretty sure Dave appearing this year was at Macca's request, not Emily or Michael's.

Coldplay are friends of the festival. Elbow are. Fatboy Slim is.

Foos aren't on that level.

Yes they are. Dave Grohl personally rang Michael to volunteer playing on the farm in 2021, without having spoken to his management first who were not best pleased about it. 

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe that’s where I have got it from. I am sure it usually results in some self-confirms or strong rumours at least.

only if that guy goes to the brits, and if he chooses to send me stuff, no idea how it'll go this year, probably nothing.

11 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Amazing place this, 3 downvotes for calling someone dim, but one upvote for calling someone a Nonce.

Great community you’ve got here, we’ll done everyone!

7EBD2D81-D5DD-45C3-A0DB-A2AACB501F6C.jpeg

09951DA5-BA8A-4B80-887F-2F77B194DC3F.jpeg

Downvotes probably for ‘your’ not ‘you’re’. This place is stacked with grammar nazis. 

• Upvote 1