Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

8 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Really don’t think I am. I had her down as a sub but after the meltdown I witnessed in 2019 I can see her getting the big call to balance out an AM/GNR trio. I’m no totally convinced but convinced enough to put a tenner on at 33/1

Lizzo is not at the size of headliner yet. Despite her absolute phenomenal success during 2019/2020, appearances on every award show, Glastonbury, news stories going viral. Her latest album didn't break the top 5. Normally when you have an album/single that blows you up as an artist, your next one does better, unless the audience really doesn't care or the album is a flop.

I heard Lizzo tracks on the radio/in the media/people just talking about it on a weekly basis. My parents (who loved Lizzo and her singles) didn't even know she released a new album. The public are forgetting. 

46 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Agreed - that is a tough call indeed.

What isn’t a tough call is deciding who would put on a better show - it’s not even close

Assuming you mean AM would, but tbh The 1975s 2019 (2018?) setup looked phenomenal, and from what I hear their recent stuff in the States has been decent too. 

5 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Assuming you mean AM would, but tbh The 1975s 2019 (2018?) setup looked phenomenal, and from what I hear their recent stuff in the States has been decent too. 

Assumed wrong - quite the opposite!  The 1975 would smash it versus AM who are such a dull booking if it is them.  The 1975 smashed it at Reading 2019 (I was there and they were incredible - so much energy). Then last year they completely upstaged AM at Reading as well.  New album is ace as well (The 1975 that is)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Assumed wrong - quite the opposite!  The 1975 would smash it versus AM who are such a dull booking if it is them.  The 1975 smashed it at Reading 2019 (I was there and they were incredible - so much energy). Then last year they completely upstaged AM at Reading as well.  New album is ace as well (The 1975 that is)

I mean, BMTH and Pendulum both upstaged AM frankly, it's a low bar. The AM crowd were completely asleep at Leeds and I'm not surprised. We left early to get an easy taxi.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

I mean, BMTH and Pendulum both upstaged AM frankly, it's a low bar. The AM crowd were completely asleep at Leeds and I'm not surprised. We left early to get an easy taxi.

Fair comment - AM was a very low bar, but regardless of that The 1975 still put on a cracking show at very short notice. I thought it was a brilliant set and the general consensus was the same

24 minutes ago, Moondawg said:

Do we really think AM and The 1975 will both headline? That's two of last years reading headliners seems like a flop to me.

Not at all.  I don't think anyone really believes they will book both in the same year.  People are just suggesting The 1975 would be a better pick than AM

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Am I right to say we have not one iota of evidence or serious informer for any of the speculated headliners?? And have we ever been so in the dark for all 3 at this stage?

AM are pretty solid. There's a bloke on their forums who apparently is always right and who has said they're definite for Friday.

The others, yeah, it's all speculation and circumstantial.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Am I right to say we have not one iota of evidence or serious informer for any of the speculated headliners?? And have we ever been so in the dark for all 3 at this stage?

I find it quite refreshing and it gives me hope that an interesting band or artist might show up.