Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Robbie Williams said:

The Main stage headliners barely matter to me anyway.

For the most part me neither, usually at West Holts or the Other, there is something however to be said for when one of your favourite acts gets booked after you get tickets and you get to see them on the old pointy. 

I've been 5 times and only had the experience once and it was glorious. 

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Do we think Taylor is ever getting booked again or was 2020 just the right time and its now passed. 

I was deffo hoping it would be this year after she wasn't on last year's bill. But it just doesn't seem to be happening. 

I do think she signed for Glastonbury at a very different time and place to where she is now. She agreed to do it at the back end of the reputation era, where she experienced her first real dip in appeal.

She’s done an incredible job climbing back to where she was for 1989, so yeah, the question is does she still want to do it whilst she’s on top of the world? Or wait until her stock begins to go down again?

Can’t help but feel like she’s saving the Super Bowl and Coachella for this too - as she has never turned up at them either.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Robbie Williams said:

I'm in that age range, and I'd see two of those 3 headliners. Nobody else that's being mentioned excites me more than the 3 here.

I'd see GnR and Elton, I've seen Arctic Monkeys enough times for one lifetime.

The main stage headliners barely matter to me anyway.

Yeah this is fair, I'm just assuming the majority - statistically, if you asked a random group of people in this age range - wouldn't be too enthused by the idea, don't think that's too much of a stretch? Music is subjective though and we all have tastes so not knocking it, just not my cup of tea - just do feel like those 3 together does show a lack of variety.

Off the back of their last few albums and live shows, I think seeing AM once is enough for one lifetime hahaha.

Seems like this might be an other stage year for me - never a bad thing, but always like to have at least one major headliner to really look forward to. 

35 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Thanks for info. Nice to know we will get something this year. 

Let's also remember T-Day is a month later this year.  Usually first Sunday of October, so we've had announcements by this time of year in the past.  Can't help but think there will be one this month - probably confirming Roxy Music as Legends.

30 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Yeah this is fair, I'm just assuming the majority - statistically, if you asked a random group of people in this age range - wouldn't be too enthused by the idea, don't think that's too much of a stretch? Music is subjective though and we all have tastes so not knocking it, just not my cup of tea - just do feel like those 3 together does show a lack of variety.

Off the back of their last few albums and live shows, I think seeing AM once is enough for one lifetime hahaha.

Seems like this might be an other stage year for me - never a bad thing, but always like to have at least one major headliner to really look forward to. 

I think most people our age would be enthused by AM and Elton in particular, less so GnR who probably appeal more to those who were around for Appetite.

Roxy Music would appeal to barely any of us though.

I've had a quick look at who has new albums out recently or due between now and the spring and if you consider those acts that might be big enough and/or have headlined before, then rule out those we know can't play, it's very slim pickings.  Hard to see where any curve balls might come from.  Worryingly, Gorillaz, Capaldi and Sheeran make that list....but so do Paramore.  Given their last 3 albums all hit no 1 in the UK (IIRC) do we think this could be the curveball?  I know there is speculation they could be there but possibly as a Pointo Headliner?

Not headline material obviously, but was most excited about new stuff from Gaz Coombes and Young Fathers in early 2023.  I'd expect them to both make an appearance on the farm and would definitely see both.

Still just cannot see Glasto booking GnR, AM and Elton together to be honest - three white male artists.

Despite what Emily has said about sometimes not being able to get a female headliner, she has also expressed her intentions to promote female artists to that level to give them exposure and a platform, and can see them doing this with one of the many available large female artists, over booking all white all male.

And the likely candidate to not be there in that mix to me seems to be GnR as we have not really had any concrete info on them at all as far as I can tell that did not originate in this forum.

Edited by FrancisH
  • Like 1

I don't think it will happen, but The National have a new album coming and last subbed in 2017. I just don't think their popularity has kicked on enough to headline but at the same time they could be a very outside shot? Are they the same level Arcade Fire were when they headlined? I don't think they've gotten less popular, more just stayed at the same level.

12 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I don't think it will happen, but The National have a new album coming and last subbed in 2017. I just don't think their popularity has kicked on enough to headline but at the same time they could be a very outside shot? Are they the same level Arcade Fire were when they headlined? I don't think they've gotten less popular, more just stayed at the same level.

Potential Other headliners for sure.

15 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I love them and have seen them about 7 times over the years, they absolutely bottled their sub slot. Other headliner at maximum, which I don't think they'll do until like 2024.

1 minute ago, JAlexander191 said:

What about The 1975? Not the biggest fan in the world, but their stock is pretty high at the moment.  Although I suppose Glasto wouldn't be in the business of repeating the previous years lineup for Reading & Leeds.

They were a last minute addition to R&L when RATM pulled out in late July. Could very easily have already been in talks for glasto by then

25 minutes ago, Riggins said:

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Potential Other headliners for sure.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I love them but The National absolutely sucked the life out of the Pyramid field last time they played so chuck them on Other.

I think The National have a problem in that they have a huge fanbase but you either love them or don't really know them.  Combine this with the low-key music and performance style and you have the potential for them to just fall flat.  Especially on a big stage at a festival.  They'd be better suited to a smaller stage, in the dark where the die hards could go and fucking love it.