2024 Headliners

13 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I mean... I can't see it but IMAGINE if it's gone full circle back to Madonna after all this 🤣

Life is a mystery!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Revising my set length guess work. Eighty minutes for SZA, ninety for Dua Lipa, one hundred-and-five for Coldplay.

Hugely underwhelming, so.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I mean, knock off McCartney, and Billie Eilish was eighty and Kendrick was eighty-five. Not too out of expectations with modern acts, perhaps.

V fair. Something throwaway about the estimates you posted is all.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

V fair. Something throwaway about the estimates you posted is all.

Ah, fair. Yeah, it feels... limited.

There is no hard metric to any of those things, of course. But I've always banged on that any band headlining an arena outright should be playing ninety minutes at a minimum. (That'll be me being quite anal about these things.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Revising my set length guess work. Eighty minutes for SZA, ninety for Dua Lipa, one hundred-and-five for Coldplay.

Coldplay are going to get an extra half hour each on the end of SZA and Dua’s sets.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

why would SZA get 80?

she's got heaps of material

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Madonna feels like such a loss still. I really hope she finally plays one day and isn't a "what could've been"

I admittedly wouldn't have watched Madonna but yes she does feel like an actual headliner, worthy of the magnitude of that slot

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Are you speaking as someone hoping for tickets ? I’m very happy with a few rumoured 

You know me old son always the optermist.. I'm going to try buy if this IS MY LAST then hey ho.. bug your know as well as I do that as soon as the line up comes out everyone will moan about it..half of them don't even realise that there's more to Glastonbury than the pyramid stage And the other half......the newbies don't understand Glastonbury full stop lol 😂😂🤣

I'm happy to be able to say been there done that and still got my band's on....  lol 

Ones thing... can anyone tell me that stieve Nick's CAN'T play lolol I'm seeing her at HP.

17099017157277194303328964982023.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Downvote 1

Just now, guypjfreak said:

You know me old son always the optermist.. I'm going to try buy if this IS MY LAST then hey ho.. bug your know as well as I do that as soon as the line up comes out everyone will moan about it..half of them don't even realise that there's more to Glastonbury than the pyramid stage And the other half......the newbies don't understand Glastonbury full stop lol 😂😂🤣

I'm happy to be able to say been there done that and still got my band's on....  lol 

17099017157277194303328964982023.jpg

I quite like the pointy thing tbh I’ve had some great times there over the years . Some sat round a campfire in my early years , different strokes for different folks … don’t mind how anyone does it as long as they have a smile on their face and aren’t an ass to others . Times  change we either embrace that or we get bitter . Good luck in resale 

• Upvote 1

Steve Denyer was talking about Glastonbury headliners on his radio show yesterday. He said that Madonna, Stevie N and Stevie W have all been engaged in headliner discussions at some point for this year and all fell through.

I don't know if he has any insider knowledge but he did say it with some authority/ as a matter of fact rather than hearsay. He's been in radio for years so wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility he did have some insight but could equally be no better sighted than the rest of us.