2024 Headliners

I had heard a couple of SZA tracks, wasn’t too fussed, spent a lot of time on this forum, went back and listened to the whole back catalogue……still not that fussed. 

I like the idea of the festival taking a bit of a risk. There are other acts around I’d rather see headline but if she does I wish her all the best. 

I will be elsewhere without a doubt but I’ll have a great night as will everyone watching SZA. 

The glory of Glasto is there is so much on for ALL tastes 

Edited by jonnytee1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

SZA is firmly in the “I wouldn’t go see her myself but I’m fully behind giving her a shot” category for me.

My sentiments exactly. 

Depends what's against her. Could be tempted to start with her. 

9 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

So basically - whoever headlines the pyramid it doesn’t matter 

Next forum 🤣

It's the stage where only about 5% of people can see past the flags. I much prefer it when my headliners of choice are elsewhere!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Dammit. Out of upvotes again.

Only managed to see The Afghan Whigs once - was at Church, in Leeds, a few years ago. Had tickets for their Manchester show in 2022, but couldn't make it due to work.

Black Love is one of the best nineties albums out there, and a lot of their reunion-era material is a cracker. Throw in Teenage Wristband to a set from The Twilight Singers, and you're absolutely cooking.

A nice fat hour on the Park please, if anybody is listening.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Only managed to see The Afghan Whigs once - was at Church, in Leeds, a few years ago. Had tickets for their Manchester show in 2022, but couldn't make it due to work.

Black Love is one of the best nineties albums out there, and a lot of their reunion-era material is a cracker. Throw in Teenage Wristband to a set from The Twilight Singers, and you're absolutely cooking.

A nice fat hour on the Park please, if anybody is listening.

They're touring again...

The Afghan Whigs, an hour on the Park. Make it so:

1 Crime Scene Part One
2 My Enemy
3 Gentlemen
4 I’ll Make You See God
5 Matamoros
6 Debonair
7 Toy Automatic
8 Algiers
9 Somethin’ Hot
10 What Jail Is Like
11 Teenage Wristband
12 It Kills
13 John the Baptist
14 Faded

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Afghan Whigs, an hour on the Park. Make it so:

1 Crime Scene Part One
2 My Enemy
3 Gentlemen
4 I’ll Make You See God
5 Matamoros
6 Debonair
7 Toy Automatic
8 Algiers
9 Somethin’ Hot
10 What Jail Is Like
11 Teenage Wristband
12 It Kills
13 John the Baptist
14 Faded

Or Black Love in full. I'm not fussy.

If one of the headliners is SZA then that is a breath of fresh air. GNR last year was an uninspiring booking (in my opinion) for a festival which is self-named contemporary and is celebrated as the pinnacle of musical festivity in its own right, so this would be reassuring. 

SZA is a four-times grammy-winning, globally (and UK) high charting artist who comfortably headlines any major festival in the world. It's not really a risk or a leg-up - there will be more than enough fans of hers at the festival, and the streaming numbers of her performance (on BBC's YouTube) will likely end up being among the highest of the weekend (if she is playing).

I feel like they’ve just got a little unfortunate with how the years acts wanted to do it have fallen.

Arctics / SZA / Elton = nice balance

Coldplay / Dua / GnR = nice balance

But when you swap SZA and GnR they both look wonky.

1 minute ago, sjseabass said:

I feel like they’ve just got a little unfortunate with how the years acts wanted to do it have fallen.

Arctics / SZA / Elton = nice balance

Coldplay / Dua / GnR = nice balance

But when you swap SZA and GnR they both look wonky.

You're not the only person who's suggested this to me.

1 hour ago, sildante said:

If one of the headliners is SZA then that is a breath of fresh air. GNR last year was an uninspiring booking (in my opinion) for a festival which is self-named contemporary and is celebrated as the pinnacle of musical festivity in its own right, so this would be reassuring. 

SZA is a four-times grammy-winning, globally (and UK) high charting artist who comfortably headlines any major festival in the world. It's not really a risk or a leg-up - there will be more than enough fans of hers at the festival, and the streaming numbers of her performance (on BBC's YouTube) will likely end up being among the highest of the weekend (if she is playing).

I'm willing to admit that SZA is not somebody I'm familiar with, but hey, if the view is that she does have the songbook and fanbase to do it, and she has enough name recognition that it fits the bill, why not?

News broke today on big Brazilian news outlets and the official Rio di Janeiro Instagram page that Madonna is doing a special free concert there in May.

https://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/lauro-jardim/post/2024/03/show-de-madonna-em-copacabana-esta-confirmado-e-deve-ser-o-maior-de-sua-carreira.ghtml

(Non translated link)

This may just be to close the tour she’s on, but it may be relevant to Glastonbury as it does extend things further than expected, especially if Madonna is open to doing something for a lower fee (free in this case!). 

Edited by Titanicbryn
  • Like 2