2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Hmmm.... so pushing for all female headliners then?

That would make no sense as they tried to Stevie W who has recently fallen through.

When he fell through, they weren't simply going to change for hoping for all female headliners.

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

There was someone else with some random "Coldplay have dropped out" info over the weekend as well though... You never know the holy sources might not be up to date...

Yeah, there has been a couple of whispers about it recently so you never know, but I'd be very surprised if it is to do with a gender balance...

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Maybe Chris Martin feels concerned that they will look bad when all female headliners are expected this year. He gets enough stick so perhaps he's pulled out as O Rod is available.? When's the line up out?!

He’s now back in I hear with 6 female special guests for gender balance 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s now back in I hear with 6 female special guests for gender balance 

There's always the chance he has a sex change to save money on the female special guests. Just speculation of course.

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Don't know if you've seen the price of gig tickets these days, but I highly doubt that statement!  I hate the big, soulless arena/stadium gigs generally so usually only go to smaller venues and I'm still dropping £50 or more on a ticket on most gigs once you factor in fees etc. unless it's a relatively unknown act.

It's not even necessarily just the price point, it's the fact that I usually look at Glasto as somewhere to see some big things that I'd like to see but don't want to drop £75+ on a ticket. I'd be made up with the likes of Gaga or Billy Joel, for example.

I even am semi-pleased with Dua, but I feel like her booking looks weak when put alongside Coldplay (I think on their 5th headline slot) and SZA (Who it is debateable whether she is headline calibre)

I then like a scattering of things that I'd usually go to see for £20-50 in the undercard... But after the talk that Idles supposedly turned down a slot because what they were offered wasn't good enough, makes me wonder who else out of those sort of acts won't be there. I was hoping to see Charli XCX and Confidence Man, for example... Is Charli getting an offer as good as she did in 2021?

I'm just getting concerned that the festival are struggling to pull in a bunch decent names for whatever reason. It's not just the Pyramid headliners that aren't doing it for me, but the current rumoured headliners of any stage.

Besides, people can say "It's not all about the Pyramid" but I just can't sit there and say I wouldn't be disappointed if I wasn't spending at least one good night there.

3 minutes ago, K2SO said:

It's not even necessarily just the price point, it's the fact that I usually look at Glasto as somewhere to see some big things that I'd like to see but don't want to drop £75+ on a ticket. I'd be made up with the likes of Gaga or Billy Joel, for example.

I even am semi-pleased with Dua, but I feel like her booking looks weak when put alongside Coldplay (I think on their 5th headline slot) and SZA (Who it is debateable whether she is headline calibre)

I then like a scattering of things that I'd usually go to see for £20-50 in the undercard... But after the talk that Idles supposedly turned down a slot because what they were offered wasn't good enough, makes me wonder who else out of those sort of acts won't be there. I was hoping to see Charli XCX and Confidence Man, for example... Is Charli getting an offer as good as she did in 2021?

I'm just getting concerned that the festival are struggling to pull in a bunch decent names for whatever reason. It's not just the Pyramid headliners that aren't doing it for me, but the current rumoured headliners of any stage.

Besides, people can say "It's not all about the Pyramid" but I just can't sit there and say I wouldn't be disappointed if I wasn't spending at least one good night there.

Well it's pretty up in the air at the moment, other than Dua and Aunt Vera (if she's still alive)

I messaged Dua Lipa to ask whether she's headlining. She didn't get back to me on her main account, but her secret account did! She said she's playing Glastonbury and that we'll be married soon, but I just need to send her £60,000 worth of amazon gift cards to an address in Nigeria. So there's a self confirm.

Edited by Alex DeLarge
  • Upvote 2

I’m going to have to get a large box of popcorn and an extra size drink in on the day the poster is released, I’m going to need it to have energy to read all the posts about how cr*p, great, not as good as it should be etc   Wonder how many people have, or will, give up their tickets based upon the poster release.

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

There’s that video of her on the disabled platform for Macca having the time of her life

It was the ViP platform not the disabled one- one of  the pyramid sound/tv stages( where Jo Wiley did her live tv intro for Macca)  - I was standing at the side of it and saw her and a load of others watching Macca.  To be honest after 2 hours in the cold she was looking a bit bored with it all ! 

21 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Hold up. Idles turned down a headline slot because they weren't offered enough??? 

Surely not?