2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not really if the Leak is right then Stevie Wonder is playing so SZA is not in contention to headline. So the first step of  that is the Leak is wrong.

The leak happened at a point in time when Stevie was still in the frame. Not difficult.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The leak happened at a point in time when Stevie was still in the frame. Not difficult.

The same guy literally posted this week that nothing had changed Stevie still the one

Edited by Ben7amin_

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Literally one of the most streamed artists in the world.

...by people who aren't at Glastonbury. Streaming numbers is not a proportional metric of Pyramid worthiness. A factor, yes, but not a big one. I wouldn't say that they should headline, but Stereophonics would pull a bigger crowd than SZA

It's going to be embarrassing for Emily when the field is completely empty because she didn't pay attention to 6music dad's posting "who?" SZA will try and get a sing-along going, but there will only be about twenty of us there.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

the wait is good fun

plus once it does eventually come, its a shorter wait till areas which are arguably more fun than the main poster release anyway!

I didn’t realise how quick the turn around from balance payment to the Silver Hayes lineup was last year.

It’ll all come thick and fast soon!

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Haha and now we are talking about SZA....... headlining 

Bonkers 

The situation seems to be fairly volatile, which if nothing else explains the delay in the poster.

It could well still be Stevie and this is a red herring - but that's why we're here - to rake all this stuff over and chat sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

It's going to be embarrassing for Emily when the field is completely empty because she didn't pay attention to 6music dad's posting "who?" SZA will try and get a sing-along going, but there will only be about twenty of us there.

She could sub Radiohead due to not having much experience playing to large audiences

18 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

More stereotyping and them and us division 🙄

im a big sza fan, think both her albums are great but her music just doesnt scream pyramid headliner to me. its very "vibey". i can imagine the crowd being very quiet in a kind of "stand , sway and watch" kind of way. Id also go as far to say she will have one of the smallest pyramid headliner crowds ever. 

thats not a knock on her, its just the music tastes of glastonbury and what people want out of a pyramid headliner, which generally speaking is something a bit more energetic? is that the right term?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just checked out top tracks for SZA on Spotify. Thought I would likely recognise a few as my wife listens to radio 1 in the mornings. Didn’t really recognise any though (other than the Kendrick Lamar one starz). 

I, as a 6 music dad ha, thought all popular music was on radio 1 . If she’s so massive how come she isn’t getting more radio 1 airplay? Also seeing the album reviews have been really strong im surprised some of the tracks haven’t been picked up on 6 too.  

how has she got so big over here without much radio pickup?

is it just she is massive in the US and all the monster stream numbers are global rather than UK 

will dive into these two albums now, but a glasto headline does seem a big stretch. 

Edited by internetjef

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

More stereotyping and them and us division 🙄

I'm mainly taking the piss out of the "how can she big if I've never heard of her?" comments that add nothing to the discussion except to pretend ignorance is virtue. If SZA is announced the Neil Lonsdale's of the world will whinge until June so I'm sure they can take a bit of light ribbing.

i dont think there is any comparison between the popularity of adeles catalogue versus SZA. on 2 different planets in terms of people knowing the songs... and personality.. and one being a huge british artist. 

people could name at least 5 adele songs off the top of their head, most people at glasto wont know who sza is. 

3 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm mainly taking the piss out of the "how can she big if I've never heard of her?" comments that add nothing to the discussion except to pretend ignorance is virtue. If SZA is announced the Neil Lonsdale's of the world will whinge until June so I'm sure they can take a bit of light ribbing.

mine wasn't relating to how big she was more the lacking in my knowledge , that seems fairly common , generational thing maybe but still a thing . im having a listen now 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

mine wasn't relating to how big she was more the lacking in my knowledge , that seems fairly common , generational thing maybe but still a thing . im having a listen now 

This is what most people are saying, but these hip cool cats wanna twist it. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Wasn't referring to you CF if it seemed that way. If someone's not into SZA or don't know her work - who cares?

It's the smug "I've never heard of this person, therefore they're shite" attitude which is just annoying. 

• Upvote 1