2024 Headliners

Well, based on the Grammys I'd say not that long.  It was what, 2015 or so when the Reading poster with the female fronted artists (very few) was put out that highlighted the disparity and clearly in the years since there has been a decent push to get more ladies prominently on festival bills and I can't help but notice that outside of the festival scene the ladies are absolutely kicking ass in the music business right now, which is a welcome turnaround from the rather sad sight of that poster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s a huge place isn’t it? Friends that live nearby in Street showed me a photo when it was built some years ago.

Yep, with the largest fireplace that I've ever seen in a dwelling. Many logs the size  of 50 gallon oil drums will fit in it.You could literally fit a SWB Transit van in it! Obviously it is in the living room which looks out over the festival site. The window is floor to ceiling glass in a semicircle that takes up almost half the room.

All absolutely wonderful.

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

Female fronted/ solo artists that could headline: 

Madonna (feels unlikely after this year), Taylor Swift (doesn't feel like it's gonna happen), Olivia Rodrigo (probably next year/ the year after), Lady Gaga (no idea if she would), Rihanna (seemingly doesn't tour anymore)

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yep, with the largest fireplace that I've ever seen in a dwelling. Many logs the size  of 50 gallon oil drums will fit in it.You could literally fit a SWB Transit van in it! Obviously it is in the living room which looks out over the festival site. The window is floor to ceiling glass in a semicircle that takes up almost half the room.

With a big crack in the stonework where it go too hot.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

You paint a lovely and vivid picture.

Were you round sharing a glass of cognac after a hard day of graft? 

12 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

😁 reminds me of this sketch 

So well thought out and scripted.

I'm sure there may have been grounds to arrest Nish Kumar on grounds of inciting hatred when he was in The Cabaret Tent last.

Mainly towards Boris, Sunak and The Bloody Tories iirc. And f**k the beeb for cancelling his Mash show to appease the f**kers.

Know your audience right?

And to stay on thread:

After seeing Bill Bailey do a Sunday set after the headliners at the bottom of Bella;s Field (iirc) in '07 (iirc) I'd hoped that it would be a recurring thing,

Didn't happen.

Still not too late?

Edited by MrZigster

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

:

After seeing Bill Bailey do a Sunday set after the headliners at the bottom of Bella;s Field (iirc) in '07 (iirc) I'd hoped that it would be a recurring thing,

Didn't happen.

Still not too late?

Right in the heart of that Sunday night storm at 1am. I wish this would be a regular thing too. In fact not even outdoors , an after hours comedy club tent down that end of the site would be packed from midnight to 3am I reckon

12 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

Can't a festival appearance be after the last date on a particular tour?

Yeah… festival dates are not always tour dates. 

34 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Right in the heart of that Sunday night storm at 1am. I wish this would be a regular thing too. In fact not even outdoors , an after hours comedy club tent down that end of the site would be packed from midnight to 3am I reckon

Poetry and Words turns into a cabaret den after hours, no?

Know someone did it above but think we've got a current crop of ten female or female-fronted acts who are active as live artists that could headline:

Adele
Beyonce
Billie Eilish
Dua Lipa
Lady Gaga
Madonna
Olivia Rodrigo
Pink
Rihanna
Taylor Swift

There's also Florence and the Machine, who probably still makes it with the assistance of being a former headliner. You discount Fleetwood Mac, because they appear to be over, Kate Bush because she doesn't tour, and Lana Del Rey, because she just did the Other, which shows where Glastonbury see her.

Who else am I missing?

14 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Know someone did it above but think we've got a current crop of ten female or female-fronted acts who are active as live artists that could headline:

Adele
Beyonce
Billie Eilish
Dua Lipa
Lady Gaga
Madonna
Olivia Rodrigo
Pink
Rihanna
Taylor Swift

There's also Florence and the Machine, who probably still makes it with the assistance of being a former headliner. You discount Fleetwood Mac, because they appear to be over, Kate Bush because she doesn't tour, and Lana Del Rey, because she just did the Other, which shows where Glastonbury see her.

Who else am I missing?

But there are specific reasons why most / all of them aren't headlining Glastonbury in 2024. 

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You say that...

They actually toured for years without Christine. So it wouldn't be unusual. John McVie hasn't been very well though I think. 

In the end, it's whether Stevie can cope being on tour with Lindsay. They really hate each other these days. 

If they did they would definitely call it the last tour...'The Last Dance'? and it would sell buckets. I think if it happens it would have to be in the next 3 years (2015-17). Otherwise, sadly someone else will not be able to tour anymore or worse. 

Edited by danbailey80

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But there are specific reasons why most / all of them aren't headlining Glastonbury in 2024. 

Nothing to do with his list, is it?