2024 Headliners

15 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

What are these aforementioned "purported" BST dates?

These from @readyforsummer

On 1/25/2024 at 7:58 PM, readyforsummer said:

My first post here so sure this will get ripped apart but i've just had intel via work/industry that BST will be the following:

28/6 Stevie Wonder

30/6 Kings of Leon

7/7 Shania Twain

12/7 Stevie Nicks

plus those already announced...

On 1/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, readyforsummer said:

I have more info...

29/6 Sza

14/7 Stray kids

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

You'd think BST would want to get these on sale ASAP

For a couple of them, they might as well go straight to the seat filling sites.  Selling KoL out (even at the lower capacity) for presumably the best part of £100 a ticket, is surely going to be a struggle!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, goonerben said:

For a couple of them, they might as well go straight to the seat filling sites.  Selling KoL out (even at the lower capacity) for presumably the best part of £100 a ticket, is surely going to be a struggle!

I don't think they are too worried.

BST audience generally tends to be richer people more than massive music fans who will just pay whatever to some degree

KOL haven't done many UK dates since covid so will probably do fine - its definitely not the day i'm most doubtful about!

KOL are at the F1 btw which will be why they are held back for now

Edited by gfa

27 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

looks like it is shaping up for that doesn't it.

I wonder when BST will announce the rest of their headliners. Following Stray Kids they must be lining up for it.

its really all on that isnt it ?  Should absolutely resolve it .... never seemed like BST has been quite so relevant as this year 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

its really all on that isnt it ?  Should absolutely resolve it .... never seemed like BST has been quite so relevant as this year 

yeah, I mean the info is looking solid based on what has been announced today.  Would be quite some guess to get the act and the day right for Stray Kids + everything is detailed except one date.  They all look like legit acts that would play BST.

I don't know when BST usually announce by though but if they want to shift tickets for (to my eyes) some not quite top tier acts then you would think they need to get them out there.

1 hour ago, Krisesk said:

Going on previous info, and from the look of that BST into being correct, I guess we are looking at...

Friday - Coldplay

Saturday - Dua Lipa

Sunday - Stevie Wonder

that makes much sense... considering the "weak headliner year"  for the big european festivals, this is probably the best headliner trio possible.

Coldplay is a massive booking and maybe the second biggest name in music industry nowadays, Dua is at her peak and Stevie is a big big legacy act.

i'm fine with it - as long i can grab LCD soundystem and Pulp at the other stage 😃

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

No idea where we are on this but I’ve just been told by a good contact that SW is booked to play Abu Dhabi arena in the summer so it seems he is active around the right time 

I think confirmation that he is active at all is a good indication.  As some dates are announced it will make it seem more real.  at the moment it looks improbable as there hasn't been any activity for so long but seems like there is a gathering weight behind the rumours.

1 hour ago, Krisesk said:

Going on previous info, and from the look of that BST into being correct, I guess we are looking at...

Friday - Coldplay

Saturday - Dua Lipa

Sunday - Stevie Wonder

If this is it, then slightly better than last year

Coldplay = AM

Dua Lipa > GnR

Stevie Wonder > EJ

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think they are too worried.

BST audience generally tends to be richer people more than massive music fans who will just pay whatever to some degree

KOL haven't done many UK dates since covid so will probably do fine - its definitely not the day i'm most doubtful about!

KOL are at the F1 btw which will be why they are held back for now

Yeah I think that KOL day will sell fine, there are loads of people who aren't vocal KOL fans but would fork out to see them in a London park.

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Coldplay = AM

Dua Lipa > GnR

Stevie Wonder > EJ

I mean is it? Really though? Is not just the same kind of dross with 0 imagination and no f**ks given to who they put on El Pointo?

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Coldplay = AM

Dua Lipa > GnR

Stevie Wonder > EJ

Pretty much agree with this, although I think it's fair to say Coldplay > AM given that you know they'll actually give a sh*t on the night.

I guess you could argue that EJ > Stevie given it was his first time playing, but musically I agree Stevie is a better booking.

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Scenes when BST announce Stevie as a UK exclusive performance, but not KOL

lol.

Do you know, I thought about whether in some twisted world could it be KOL rather than Stevie but given what the rumours have been + I think Emily's comments would point to Stevie more than KOL (if you take them as still being accurate).

but yeah there would be "scenes". 

13 minutes ago, Franky said:

I mean is it? Really though? Is not just the same kind of dross with 0 imagination and no f**ks given to who they put on El Pointo?

Slightly better, but not much.

I agree though. There is 0 imagination. 

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I agree though. There is 0 imagination. 

28 minutes ago, Franky said:

Who would you book?