2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yes Billie did, she also has longer songs in general though given her albums are longer and her set was 1hr 20 minutes. Again, Billie has 1hr 40 minutes in albums whereas Olivia has 1 hour 15 minutes.

That's 25 minutes less album time so working on that theory and like a mix of the albums then Olivia with no covers is about an hour. Allowing for two covers she does you are maxing out at an hour 15 so if she gets given 1hr 20 say under the top headliner then she's down very well.

She played 13 songs in an hour in 2022 because, you know, there are pauses between songs and sometimes she talks. Like there would be if she headlined 

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

She played 13 songs in an hour in 2022 because, you know, there are pauses between songs and sometimes she talks. Like there would be if she headlined 

Yes I am aware but she performed every song from her debut album and stuck 3 tracks in that aren't on it to get to 55 minutes we'll say. She's not going to perform all them again on this one because what would be the point? She will have two albums out so you can take 4 of those songs out most likely from this tour at least and replace them with say 6 from guts you've got an hours 20 set. As I've said, she's got albums way less the length than Billie and Billie had a bigger tour too with her dates leading up to and around it. 

Anyway, we have no real official information on it but should they not have managed to get the female headliner they want in Madonna or have an other stage female act maybe then asking Olivia to play in a top two with 10 minutes less time but billed as a headliner too works.

6 minutes ago, showmethestones said:

So a mate of mine tells today that Emily was in the posh boxes at the O2 yesterday watching Depeche Mode!!

Make of that what you will

they're not female!

37 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

It wasn’t a chart hit but I’d argue Red Right Hand counts for being the unofficial anthem of every british lad with a bad haircut and a lifetime ban from Reflex. 

What about those of us who found the song through this?

15 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd be all over Depeche Mode.

Said it before and I'll say it again. My absolute number one, dream booking. I have visions of waving my arms from side-to-side in the Pyramid field during the outro of "Never Let Me Down Again that give me goosebumps. If it doesn't happen this year, while they're around and on the back-end of this album tour cycle, I'm convinced it isn't meant to be.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

58 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...but NCATBS are better...it would be an unexpected bit of genius, like that Cure set which was one of the greatest things ever on the Pyramid... 

No arguments! I would be there for it!  There she goes my beautiful world in 2009 was my first proper Glastonbury moment!