2024 Headliners

54 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Utterly hideous.

That said, it will be loved by the average America 18-25 year old and will sell out. So job done.

Will it sell out though?

It didn't last year, and this doesn't seem any stronger (in terms of their target audience).

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Fact is they’re just not very big in America - basically ‘that band who does the ‘woo-hoo’ song’ to most people. Damon must’ve enjoyed subbing with Gorillaz in ‘22.

Gorillaz in 23 but I don't what you mean. Nope they aren't, so that's kinda odd to bother going back....unless they are a sub being paid nicely but it's still a step down for something they don't have to do given nearly calling it a day again.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

No Doubt and Blur are nice surprises, hopefully No Doubt isn’t just a one off. 

I would expect they've likely got no doubt in with the delay but who would we think of the others was a first choice? Doja subbed in 2022 so to come back and not headline would be odd. For LDR, I think she was meant to sub one year but pulled out. Without those two you've mentioned though I could miss it generally.

39 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Utterly hideous.

That said, it will be loved by the average America 18-25 year old and will sell out. So job done.

Yes these days that's what they primarily want. 

32 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's the thing, isn't it? Coachella's target audience is clearly the 18-25 demographic and that's the model they generally stick to every year. Outside of that range and they're probably not putting on a weekend for you. They don't want 40-somethings like me coming in and ruining the aesthetic. Probably the polar opposite to Glastonbury where there's a conscious effort to cater for everyone and the main reason why the two festivals can no longer be compared. 

I don't think it's always just been 18-25. Back in 2010s you could easily have been late 20s in 30s going. But it is booked for the US tiktokkers.

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

All that said, there's lots on the undercard for me. Yes to Blur, Justice, Grimes, Brittany Howard, Adriatique, Deftones, Skream & Benga, Purple Disco Machine, Dettmann, CdW, Folamour, Barry Can't Swim. Actually, the electronic side of the festival is quite strong, to be fair. 

It ain't $600 strong...but those cash registers are tempting...

It does do well on electronic music but it's not the side of electronic I'd go for myself. It's always had a a tent or two dedicated for 80% electronic but main outdoor stages are being used more and more. 

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Will it sell out though?

It didn't last year, and this doesn't seem any stronger (in terms of their target audience).

To be fair I remember there being waiting lists last year.

To be honest, it's much better than I was expecting - some nice bits and pieces on there. 

But lets be honest, considering "Coachella have got the money to pay their artists properly, blah blah" Glastonbury is the goat isn't it - we're so lucky. 

That said, it's definitely the best non Glastonbury lineup that Supre has posted in the Glastonbury headliners thread lately!

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

To be honest, it's much better than I was expecting - some nice bits and pieces on there. 

But lets be honest, considering "Coachella have got the money to pay their artists properly, blah blah" Glastonbury is the goat isn't it - we're so lucky. 

That said, it's definitely the best non Glastonbury lineup that Supre has posted in the Glastonbury headliners thread lately!

It probably is but that only needed a lineup with half a dozen decent names and some we actually know lol.

12 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I don't think it's always just been 18-25. Back in 2010s you could easily have been late 20s in 30s going. But it is booked for the US tiktokkers.

It does do well on electronic music but it's not the side of electronic I'd go for myself. It's always had a a tent or two dedicated for 80% electronic but main outdoor stages are being used more and more. 

I agree, it hasn't always been that way. It's definitely a shift over the past five years or so, though.

Their choice of electronic acts is always quite "safe" and a bit zeitgeisty but there's always a few decent names in there amongst the meh.

8 hours ago, mike46 said:

Good god that has to be the worst coachella lineup yet. Who were the headliners who bailed?

Dua Lipa (show not ready in time and doesn't align with her album release schedule).

Rolling Stones were rumoured - but are struggling to sell a stadium show in LA this summer.

Talk of both T-Swift and O-Rod having convenient gaps in their tour schedules, but this was always wishful thinking IMO.

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

The fact that each poster hasn't been backed up by a sassy, condescending comment would suggest that even they know it's slim pickings for the US so far this year.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree, it hasn't always been that way. It's definitely a shift over the past five years or so, though.

Their choice of electronic acts is always quite "safe" and a bit zeitgeisty but there's always a few decent names in there amongst the meh.

Oh 100%. Its not I don't recognise the electronic acts but they are generally a bit underground/different scene for me. I'm a bit more trance but do like to commercial edm to points too. Charlotte de Witte is probably the one for me on there, Steve Angello to some degree too but prefer SHM and Alesso.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

No Doubt and Blur are nice surprises, hopefully No Doubt isn’t just a one off. 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Thought we were going to get No Doubt last year.

Fingers crossed it happens this time. 

Yes please

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To be fair I remember there being waiting lists last year.

Weekend One did sell out, and for all I know may have had waiting lists.

Weekend Two definitely didn't.

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea me too

I like her music and her 2016 (?) Park Stage set was great.

She married Musk and their three kids are called:

Clearly an absolute nut job.

9 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Is there any evidence that they really named their kid X Æ A-12? I saw a shedload of articles saying that "they plan to" and "they have confirmed that", but they're both unstable liars so frankly I think they made it up for attention. 

They just refer to the first as x and the second as y and then along came Techno 😄😄

Bizarre!