2024 Headliners

51 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

So your main criteria is complete sets irrespective of the content? Bizarre. 

Yes, yes, that’s what I said isn’t it. At some point, you’ll admit that turning up late and not providing what you’ve been paid to do is sh*tty behaviour. 

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes, yes, that’s what I said isn’t it. At some point, you’ll admit that turning up late and not providing what you’ve been paid to do is sh*tty behaviour. 

At some point you’ll admit that a shortened set by a great artist at her peak is better than a 2 hour set by a lad/dad band. 

14 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

At some point you’ll admit that a shortened set by a great artist at her peak is better than a 2 hour set by a lad/dad band. 

I understand it’s tough for you and you’ve still not got over your idol letting you down like she did but there’s no way 3/4’s of her set was better than Elton’s solid performance. 

Just now, stuie said:

I understand it’s tough for you and you’ve still not got over your idol letting you down like she did but there’s no way 3/4’s of her set was better than Elton’s solid performance. 

Solid? Damned by faint praise. 

aye she let me down so badly I went to see her again 2 weeks later in Dublin. 

4 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

At least you got to see the missing 1/4 of her set that the rest of the Glastonbury crowd didn’t, I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Solid? Damned by faint praise. 

I know I’m probs in the minority but ….LDR is actually a bit sh*t isn’t she? Bit unfair that I suppose but she’s no better than ok. I think people have been well and truly duped my mediocrity there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

I know I’m probs in the minority but ….LDR is actually a bit sh*t isn’t she? Bit unfair that I suppose but she’s no better than ok. I think people have been well and truly duped my mediocrity there. 

Got no strong opinions either way but what I did learn this year is some of her fans are insane.

49 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

She’s decent IMO, not as great as some would have you believe but she has made some great stuff down the years.

NFR is a spectacularly good album.

I’d say her last album ‘Tunnel’ (can’t be arsed with typing out the full title) is actually one of her weaker efforts. It’s too long, it’s bloated, it has four minutes of Bible preaching that can get in the bin and it’s just a bit boring for long stretches.

Paradoxically however it does contain the single greatest track she’s ever recorded in A&W. And that’s what she is, a lot of it isn’t that interesting but when she’s good she’s great.

(Apart from NFR which is great all the way through)

53 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Got no strong opinions either way but what I did learn this year is some of her fans are insane.

I learnt that a few years ago when I was stewarding at Latitude. This lad with a day ticket turned up hours before the gates opened (and even after the gates opened it was a few more hours until the arena opened) to make sure he was front and centre for Lana del rey. He was pretty odd. His manic nuttiness did help the remainder of a very slow night shift pass a bit quicker though. So thank you, crazy LDR fan!

Thought there was a decent chance I'd be interviewed by a Netflix documentary a few years down the line.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’d say her last album ‘Tunnel’ (can’t be arsed with typing out the full title) is actually one of her weaker efforts. It’s too long, it’s bloated, it has four minutes of Bible preaching that can get in the bin and it’s just a bit boring for long stretches.

Paradoxically however it does contain the single greatest track she’s ever recorded in A&W. And that’s what she is, a lot of it isn’t that interesting but when she’s good she’s great.

(Apart from NFR which is great all the way through)

It's by the by, but A&W is far from my favourite on the album. I'd maybe even put it in the bottom 4 or 5.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Really? I think it’s stunning and stands out in a fairly drab record otherwise.

It's great, but other than the interludes and *maybe* Fingertips od say the whole album is top drawer. But the sequence of songs from Paris, Texas to Fishtail are the MVPs, with Margaret being an all-timer.