2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

“And I thought it was kind of taking shape and then last week I just got a call, and this is what happens if you wait a little longer, because quite often we’ll be booked up from July. This year we’re holding out for a little bit longer and last week I got a call from a really big American artist saying this person’s around next year, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is incredible.’ Thank God we held the slot.”

Puerto RIco is basically America - Bad Bunny confirmed

Edited by JonSnow

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The optimist in me thinks the "last week" comment might refer to being at the Madonna show, which of course was last week. But after the info and discussions over the past few days, I'm thinking Pink is more likely. 

Female legend...Stevie Nicks? 

Pink would (currently) make the most sense if it wasn’t for her making it sound like they’ve been waiting out a certain act. Would they really be leaving a headliner slot vacant in the hopes that Pink would get back to them?!

I can't imagine Emily being so relieved they held one of the slots open so Pink could play.

It says Madge or Rihanna to me. If it's Madge and they're in talks, there's probably a good chance nothing will come of it if the talks are about money. Fingers crossed, though.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nobody is out here saying ‘Italian American artist Madonna’. 

Gonna revise my thoughts and say I think Emily is 100% talking about Madonna here. Makes sense that she’d be an act they’d be leaving a slot open for which is definitely not something I think they’d be doing for Pink. Sounds like they’ve held that headliner slot open hoping Madonna would get back to them and bam, the call came in and it’s sorted. 

Yeah I think you're right. It's Madge. Otherwise she's just rule her out. It's her.

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can't imagine Emily being so relieved they held one of the slots open so Pink could play.

It says Madge or Rihanna to me. If it's Madge and they're in talks, there's probably a good chance nothing will come of it if the talks are about money. Fingers crossed, though.

Rihanna ain’t American so that’s her out. 

21 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Yeah I think you're right. It's Madge. Otherwise she's just rule her out. It's her.

Just listened to the interview and that was my impression too. She'd know if Madge was a hard no, and she's so big it's one of those rumours Emily would likely put to bed before it gains traction.

Madonna doing a greatest hits set on the Pyramid stage. Bloody hell.

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Is this pick a female American artist out the hat? How the hell are people factoring Pink into headlining Glasto?

It’s so BLATANTLY Madonna 

Dua

Madge

Coldplay

Pink announced some very convenient dates yesterday that got people in a fuss, but yeah, it’s Madonna.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

'then last week I just got a call, and this is what happens if you wait a little longer, because quite often we’ll be booked up from July. This year we’re holding out for a little bit longer and last week I got a call from a really big American artist saying this person’s around next year, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is incredible.’ Thank God we held the slot.”

This screams Pink to me. Weren't her UK summer dates publicised last week then promptly pulled from Ticketmaster?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pink announced some very convenient dates yesterday that got people in a fuss, but yeah, it’s Madonna.

My take….

They were/are holding out for Madge.

Pink is the artist who has come to light this week due to tour dates. 

They basically now have a plan A and a plan B.

Dua X Coldplay x Madge or Pink 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nikkic said:

My take….

They were/are holding out for Madge.

Pink is the artist who has come to light this week due to tour dates. 

They basically now have a plan A and a plan B.

Dua X Coldplay x Madge or Pink 

Yeah my thoughts too, though I think it's Pink after the Madonna bid came to nothing hence why things are up in the air. Emily mentioned two female headliners ages ago so surely they would have been in talks with Madonna a while back, the idea that she gets in touch last week to say 'I am around next year after all' seems fanciful to me.

Hope it's Madge though obviously, Pink would be a bit of a drop off. 

Decent interview, they could have pushed her a little harder, Annie Mac obviously not realising Taylor Swift is unavailable. 

I reckon the big artist contacting them is P!nk. Sounded like it was out of the blue, that wouldn't be the case with Madonna.