2024 Headliners

Just now, Neil said:

most people seemed to assume emily was referencing taylor swift.

Yeah I gathered that.  But I dont see any reason  it could not have been Rihanna. 

Obviously a lot open to guesswork and I interpretation in the absence of known facts.  I just kind of think it's a name that should not be omitted from the conversation just yet. 

I thought I'd link the interview in case anyone wants to refresh. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

6 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I just kind of think it's a name that should not be omitted from the conversation just yet. 

Has she announced a tour or any dates that indicate she should even be in the conversation to start with? 

Just to echo the sentiments here that whatever people on here think about Ed Sheeran's music and live show, he is absolutely massively popular. If glasto got a chance to book him they absolutely would. There isn't any reason he wouldn't headline again when the time is right. The TV audience would be huge. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

No chance. Coldplay bring a spectacle with them. Sheeran brings f**k all. Plus his music has got noticeably more naff and in to basic mum-pop as he’s gone on. I just don’t think he’d be high on their list of returning acts given what he brings to the table.

What he brings to the table is being one of the biggest acts in the UK/world.

Most people don't give a f**k if he only has a guitar and pedal on stage.

Glastonbury would bite his hand off if he's available again and wants to do it.

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

Has she announced a tour or any dates that indicate she should even be in the conversation to start with? 

She hasn't  I acknowledged that in the comment you originally replied to.  Neither has Dua Lipa and she is very much in the conversation.  

The fact that it looks like she was originally booked for 23 is the reason  I think she is in the conversation.

Edited by Ben7amin_

Rihanna had her first child in May 2022 and was back planning a Super Bowl show and subsequent world tour, which would have included Glastonbury, by September (a date that was set by the NFL needing to make the SB announcement at the start of the football season).

Without that arbitrary announcement deadline this time, she may well have a world tour in the works under the radar that substitutes the publicity of a big Pyramid show in 2024 for the column inches provided by the SB Half Time show

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - he's in the 'too soon' camp rather than the 'one and done'

Only year after Coldplay's last go - 7 years for ed vs 8 for coldplay

AM did it with a 6 year gap before, probably others have too

I don't think we are in the clear personally

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Only year after Coldplay's last go - 7 years for ed vs 8 for coldplay

AM did it with a 6 year gap before, probably others have too

I don't think we are in the clear personally

Can we please try and keep things light and positive on a Friday afternoon. Halloween isn't for another 11 days

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Dua Lipa, Pulp

Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo

Madonna, rap act

The Prodigy

The National 

The Chemical Brothers

Are Pulp not slipping back Into retirement after there NYE gig. I thought that was the end (again) for them. 

I'd be will happy if that wasnt the case, but I fear it is. 

28 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Are Pulp not slipping back Into retirement after there NYE gig. I thought that was the end (again) for them. 

We don't know.

But they announced it as "their last show of 2023 and first of 2024", which to me implies there's potential for more.

30 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not that I've heard of. It was just confirmed as a first of 2024. For me, Pulp didn't miss Glastonbury by not even doing a secret gig to not be there. They aren't going to headline though.

I mean they might even put them penultimate Saturday before Coldplay but I feel they'll mix it up more than that.

35 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

I can't imagine this being very off. 

It's got the makings to be the biggest set of headliners, subs and other stage headliners the festival has had for a long time, if not completely.

I do think Kasabian could do that The National slot though. I think Yungblud will also play the Pyramid potential 3rd down as he'll be too big to sub other I feel by then.