2024 Headliners

21 hours ago, stuie said:

Pulp are 2024’s Churnups.

Blur aren’t going back - there’s no way they’d top 2009 and I don’t think they will even try to. 

Not sure blur would particularly care about this, feel like its a fabricated efests thing

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure blur would particularly care about this, feel like its a fabricated efests thing

theres a lot of close connections, but don't think the band would want it.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I’ve not seen Damon cry at any other shows, so I think he thought it was quite special too.

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve not seen Damon cry at any other shows, so I think he thought it was quite special too.

He also cried at both Wembley shows. That said, Damon has a good knack of knowing when to avoid repetition and they won’t top 2009.  I actually can’t see them playing anywhere  in 2024

On 10/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, Gnomicide said:

A song came on the radio today, a song so bad it made me want to throw said radio out the window. That song was the latest from Kylie. f**k me, it was awful.

Her new stuff is great! Really popular with most of my mates

12 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

He also cried at both Wembley shows. That said, Damon has a good knack of knowing when to avoid repetition and they won’t top 2009.  I actually can’t see them playing anywhere  in 2024

I'd be very surprised if they don't do more dates, they just released an album!

Tons of regions did not get shows

Edited by gfa

19 hours ago, stuie said:

Saw Blur this year at Roskilde and Damon cried saying it was the best festival in the world. Im sure he holds Glasto in super high regard too but I don't think the band have some kind of allegiance to the past to not wanting to play because of a set they did 15 years ago. Blur periodically reform for the money. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Saw Blur this year at Roskilde and Damon cried saying it was the best festival in the world. Im sure he holds Glasto in super high regard too but I don't think the band have some kind of allegiance to the past to not wanting to play because of a set they did 15 years ago.

OK... so it turns out Damon actually cries a lot 🙂 

• Upvote 1

I'd take AC/DC on the proviso that it comes in at a strict ninety to ninety-five minutes. That Power Trip set is great for the fans, but for Glastonbury neutrals, you want something a little bit less long in the tooth, especially given Let There Be Rock would last about twenty minutes alone

1 Shoot to Thrill
2 Shot Down in Flames
Dog Eat Dog
T.N.T.
Shot in the Dark
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Hells Bells
Rock 'n' Roll Train
10 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
11 Thunderstruck
12 Whole Lotta Rosie
13 Let There Be Rock

14 Highway to Hell
15 For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

If memory serves me right, Metallica came in around ninety-five minutes? That felt a little bit short for their catalogue depth when I watched it the first time, but after I went back to it, came to appreciate just how well paced it was. Not sure it needs to be longer than that.