2024 Headliners

24 minutes ago, incident said:

On the subject of Emily saying "not the right fit" - obviously she doesn't say that about anyone because she's far more diplomatic than that. But the closest I've ever seen her to doing so was when asked about The Spice Girls when she closed the door fairly firmly.

No reason to think that Take That, as an artist of a similar ilk, would be considered any differently.

I didn’t say Emily said that. I meant ask her why she’s not been booked ever. Because she’s not the right fit. I don’t think her shows would work on the pyramid. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

I didn’t say Emily said that. I meant ask her why she’s not been booked ever. Because she’s not the right fit. I don’t think her shows would work on the pyramid. 

That's a meaningless metric though. Not having played in no way precludes someone from being considered suitable to play in the future.

Might as well ask Emily why Madonna has never been booked, or Jewel, or Alicia Keys. Or Elton prior to this year. They've all been equally absent as have many other artists of various status that would fit in just fine at various points up and down the bill.

50 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nah. She had pretty much all of her generational mega bangers put by then. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pnk/2010/seaclose-park-newport-england-5bce5b84.html

That's beside the point - In terms of selling live event tickets, so the number of people who want to (pay to) see her, she's never been hotter than in the last 5 years.

Edited by incident

4 hours ago, incident said:

That's a meaningless metric though. Not having played in no way precludes someone from being considered suitable to play in the future.

Might as well ask Emily why Madonna has never been booked, or Jewel, or Alicia Keys. Or Elton prior to this year. They've all been equally absent as have many other artists of various status that would fit in just fine at various points up and down the bill.

The answer to most of those is money. Until money isn’t the primary motive -Alicia/Elton/Madge. Or not the right fit - Jewel/P!NK/Bad Bunny. 

13 hours ago, stuie said:

If Sugababes caused a dangerous road block and shut the field down, what do you think might happen when Take That rock up? 

You'll have middle aged woman and gays* stuck in the bushes all the way along old the railway line! 

* I cannot confirm nor deny if I'm including myself in this situation.

wasn't it the wombles who packed out the field?

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Please tell me you are thinking out loud and this won't become a reality 

nice

1 hour ago, foolee said:

She headlined 2 nights at Hyde Park this year and sold them out which speaks for itself. She’s not subbing anyone. 

beat me to it

this was alongside some stadiums too i think? maybe last year instead dunno

she'd smash it

1 hour ago, incident said:

What the hell?

My point is based on literal ticket sales. Absolute hard fact.

Yours is based entirely on personal opinion of what's good or bad. You're miles off on this.

Nope. Unless you have percentage sold figures of gigs to compare then and now. The majority of music is not consumed, was not and will not be at gigs. The music industry has switched now to one where the revenue has switched to live events, hence artists are being forced to tour more. Pink could have sold those numbers back in 2010 if the culture was such in those days. I also said the peak of her powers, not Live Nations. 

Edited by Superscally

2 hours ago, foolee said:

She headlined 2 nights at Hyde Park this year and sold them out which speaks for itself. She’s not subbing anyone. 

Depends who it was. She wouldn't sub Dave, but she could sub Fleetwood Mac. She was as big in 2010 and she subbed McCartney. You and I discussing this is also irrelevant. If she is presented with a scenario where she feels the sub gig is cool, she'll do it. She's very level headed and not an ego freak. 

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Your point is speculative. Mine is fact.

No, your point is not fact.

Factually, regardless of her peak musical output being well past, her sales output is at peak in the last few years.

That goes for many artists. Paramore, for instance, are easily at their peak for sales. Whether that is due to a new generation or not who knows. Given their music styles most likely. But musically, Brand New Eyes was their peak.

Pink headlines or nothing now, that is for sure. She would accept the lower fee in my eyes, getting the offer in the first place is another thing.

50 minutes ago, northernangel said:

No, your point is not fact.

Factually, regardless of her peak musical output being well past, her sales output is at peak in the last few years.

That goes for many artists. Paramore, for instance, are easily at their peak for sales. Whether that is due to a new generation or not who knows. Given their music styles most likely. But musically, Brand New Eyes was their peak.

Pink headlines or nothing now, that is for sure. She would accept the lower fee in my eyes, getting the offer in the first place is another thing.

Paramore's recent album is the best they've produced. Way better than Brand New Eyes. Thi k thats a view widely held as well. Pink on the other hand...

Your opinion. Miley didn't headline. Katy Perry didn't. They bracket Pink in terms of streaming numbers. Miley being the biggest. FWIW, I'd thoroughly enjoy a Pink headline set. She'd smash it out the park. I just don't agree it's the only possible outcome. 

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Depends who it was. She wouldn't sub Dave, but she could sub Fleetwood Mac. She was as big in 2010 and she subbed McCartney. You and I discussing this is also irrelevant. If she is presented with a scenario where she feels the sub gig is cool, she'll do it. She's very level headed and not an ego freak

She does call herself Pink...

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I haven't been in this thread for a little while, so apologies if this has been covered - but Blur seem to be cracking on touring this album, think it's South America at the end of the year?

Surely Emily will be knocking on their door... 

Nothing else announced yet though, hoping they carry on into next year. The Ballad of Darren is quality!

Edited by fullfathom5

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Paramore's recent album is the best they've produced. Way better than Brand New Eyes. Thi k thats a view widely held as well. Pink on the other hand...

Your opinion. Miley didn't headline. Katy Perry didn't. They bracket Pink in terms of streaming numbers. Miley being the biggest. FWIW, I'd thoroughly enjoy a Pink headline set. She'd smash it out the park. I just don't agree it's the only possible outcome. 

No, no it is isn't. Widely accepted by who? It isn't as bad as After Laughter but not much could be. Sales from This Is Why make your claim laughable. I don't care what you've got from Spotify stats.

Nor Katy Perry or Miley were selling out stadiums, though Miley would headline now. She has grown significantly in stature since then.

Edited by northernangel