2024 Headliners

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Setlist was incredible. Elton level of big jams.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/barry-gibb/2017/worthy-farm-pilton-england-23e4e8f3.html

Plus the rarity factor in that he doesn't seem in a hurry to ever do another gig.

Chef's kiss for Bazz. 

100%. The Only thing I wanted to hear that wasnt in the setlist was "You Win Again". 

Wall to wall hits.

I prefer Candi Staton's version of Nights on Broadway, but it's still a tune.

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Zat so?  Would be embarrassing if the guy that all the Bee Gees haters went off to see that afternoon was exposed to a much wider audience during Elton John and most of the planet concluded he was a freaky faced creepy c**t.

I’ve missed CalGon’s weird obsession with Brandon Flowers.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tops all the way off for that one.

Memorably described as the "music sounds like the proto industrial sounds of a shipyard being dismantled but with Robin Gibb going "Oh girl......oh girl" over the top like the world's loneliest choir boy".

I think that Bazza's "I wish my brothers were here to see this" is one of the Pyramid Stage's most poignant moments.

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In terms of them taking gambles on up and coming acts, I just judge on a case by case basis - Dave good, Dua good, Sam Fender fine, Wet Leg bad, Fontaines DC bad.

But I'm plenty glad to have seen most of the heritage acts that have played at the farm over the years.  I'd rather have been offered Stevie Wonder than them taking a risk on someone like The Zutons instead.

In what way are Fontaines bad? Most interesting act out of all of those.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Memorably described as the "music sounds like the proto industrial sounds of a shipyard being dismantled but with Robin Gibb going "Oh girl......oh girl" over the top like the world's loneliest choir boy".

I think that Bazza's "I wish my brothers were here to see this" is one of the Pyramid Stage's most poignant moments.

Argh. Out of reactions. Floods. Absolute floods. Lucky my tap was ahf or it would have been soaked.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The Sun have picked up the Coldplay thing saying they’re in negotiations to headline, although a scan of the article and it seems they’re just going with ‘there’s a GSH’ rather than having any direct info, unless I’ve missed something. 

IMG_0626.png

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The Sun have picked up the Coldplay thing saying they’re in negotiations to headline, although a scan of the article and it seems they’re just going with ‘there’s a GSH’ rather than having any direct info, unless I’ve missed something. 

The S*n also said pulp were playing this year. They seem to just name everyone and are just lucky when they're right.

Wouldn't surprise me if the source for the Mail article was the S*n. Either way, they're both shitrags trying to get clicks.

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

The S*n also said pulp were playing this year. They seem to just name everyone and are just lucky when they're right.

Wouldn't surprise me if the source for the Mail article was the S*n. Either way, they're both shitrags trying to get clicks.

The Sun are reputable for Glastonbury headliners though. They called Arctic Monkeys, U2 and I feel they also did a piece on The Stones too. They also ran secret set bits on Blossoms and Rick plus Hozier or The Pretenders.

You certainly wouldn't write it off and Coldplay certainly do not have a gap that big with no intention of playing. It certainly looks like they plan to have two albums quite quick in transition then have a break.

And Coldplay in advanced talks, do Glastonbury want a festival favourite with an 8 year gap who can sell out Wembley 4 times at 100 a pop before their next Wembley stint?, of course.

18 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The Sun are reputable for Glastonbury headliners though. They called Arctic Monkeys, U2 and I feel they also did a piece on The Stones too. They also ran secret set bits on Blossoms and Rick plus Hozier or The Pretenders.

You certainly wouldn't write it off and Coldplay certainly do not have a gap that big with no intention of playing. It certainly looks like they plan to have two albums quite quick in transition then have a break.

And Coldplay in advanced talks, do Glastonbury want a festival favourite with an 8 year gap who can sell out Wembley 4 times at 100 a pop before their next Wembley stint?, of course.

They also said Pulp were one of the secret sets, that the Spice Girls were in advanced talks and many more that didn't happen. There was a time when you could begrudgingly say they get a lot right but they've now hit the stage of throwing loads of sh*t at the wall and hoping some sticks.

• Upvote 4