2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If she’d pushed back the whole tour to be in Europe in the summer she’d have been right in the frame. Dunno now. 

I think only postponing this one leg was going to be the best financially. Probably really tough to move those europe dates to the summer right now. Just gotta wait for the dates here and where they fall. Wouldnt be surprised if its a mirror image

10 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Bit of a odd move from The 1975 taking a fill-in slot at Reading when they're still holding out for a Glasto bump

How's it an odd move?

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

What a world where Janelle Monae can’t get a Pyramid Stage spot for love nor money, yet Becky Hill is apparently an imminent sub. Goodness. 

Totally with you on this.

Her 2019(?) West Holts set was fantastic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/er3v9r/play/a2fn6q

Edited by Skip997
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Isaact said:

The continuous rumours in Popbitch are that the album is languishing in development hell, with continuous churn on the project and both her and the label aren't happy with it, which is the reason for the delays.

That was rumoured several months ago though.

Hadn't heard about this! Kind of surprised seeing as Future Nostalgia was banger central. Maybe the label changed the army of producers/writers working with her?

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

What a world where Janelle Monae can’t get a Pyramid Stage spot for love nor money, yet Becky Hill is apparently an imminent sub. Goodness. 

Absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately Becky is radio mainstream, can only see her getting bigger. Had it not been for Elton this year, her crowd would have been even bigger on other. She subbed Creamfields South one day though. She was equivalent to 4th down Pyramid this year, no different the progress Lana made when she was 4th and was going to sub the Friday but acts are projecting quicker now even.

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Surely with three headliners there's room for both heritage and more current acts?

One up and comer, one currently massive and one heritage is the right mix.

I mean yeah, I got no issue with that. Not really the vibe this year though was it 😂😂

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Right but how does that effect their chances of headlining Glastonbury?

Feel like the 1975’s best shot at it was coming back after a bit of a break then doing glasto a bit more exclusively than what they’re doing atm. They headline trnsmt this year and then 3 of the last 4 reading/ Leeds. Just makes it more underwhelming if they then did glasto in 2024 after doing basically every other fest.

Much as I love AM, the 1975 probs should have played this year instead 

• Like 1

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Feel like the 1975’s best shot at it was coming back after a bit of a break then doing glasto a bit more exclusively than what they’re doing atm. They headline trnsmt this year and then 3 of the last 4 reading/ Leeds. Just makes it more underwhelming if they then did glasto in 2024 after doing basically every other fest.

Much as I love AM, the 1975 probs should have played this year instead 

Completely agree that The 1975 should have done it over AM this year. Thought it before the festival and it was only confirmed after AM’s underwhelming set.

I think if The 1975 are headlining Glastonbury next year then they’re probably already booked. Them filling in for R+L again isn’t gonna change anything.

I also think this will become an interesting part of R+L history, especially in the 2 main stages, 6 headliner era. The band have delivered on both of their other headline sets and this looks to be a completely different and unique set to anything they’ve done before.