Download 2024

FeverDream

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Think we could get Bury too. 

I hope so but according to their fb page the announcement is just a tour (Dani did say on the tour that ended last week that they would be touring in November again). 

Having a go at a lineup prediction with some hopeful new additions tomorrow (I’ve put an asterisk next to new additions): 

APEX: Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Enter Shikari* / Corey Taylor / Wargasm / The Struts* / All Them Witches 

OPUS: Bad Omens / Billy Talent / Mr Bungle*

AVALANCHE: Thy Art Is Murder / Counterparts 

DOGTOOTH: Biohazard / Suffocation*

APEX: Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes* / Royal & The Serpent / Holding Absence / Vukovi

OPUS: Pantera / Heilung / Emperor* 

AVALANCHE: Polyphia / Of Mice & Men* 

DOGTOOTH: The Black Dahlia Murder / Dying Fetus 

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Limp Bizkit / Babymetal / Bury Tomorrow* / Slaughter To Prevail / Bleed From Within 

OPUS: Sum 41 / Bowling For Soup / Atreyu 

AVALANCHE: The Used / Underoath*

DOGTOOTH: Fear Factory / HEALTH*

Edited by Andre91

Decent they put Sum 41 on main stage and not have an overnight second stage for their last festical. Had I cared about a Sunday headliner I'd go for the headliner, Sum 41 and Limp Bizkit (though them subbing is a bit pushed). 

I've got 5 acts/4 clash free across the 4 days that I could see clash free so I'm out.

Edited by northernangel

I’m actually very impressed with the lineup after thinking the initial announcement was a bit naff - it’s filled out very nicely.

Busted at Download is something I thought I’d never see but I’m very down for it - this years lineup is the first signs of Download moving in a direction it desperately needed to move in to survive. Whether they’ll continue this progress after this year or whether the Download audience in general will be in to it/it’ll sell well remains to be seen, but that’s one of the freshest Download lineups I’ve seen in a while and they’ve only had to change up a few acts. 

Someone has updated the clashfinder and going off of that, my weekend looks GLORIOUS: 

URNE > The Callous Daoboys > Zulu > Polyphia > Speed > Heilung > Bad Omens > Queens of the Stone Age 

Celestial Sanctuary > Asinhell > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Guilt Trip > Gel > Dying Wish > Enter Shikari > The Offspring > Pantera > Fall Out Boy 

Royal Republic > Code Orange > Thy Art Is Murder > Electric Callboy > Limp Bizkit > Machine Head > Avenged Sevenfold

Edited by Andre91

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Someone has updated the clashfinder and going off of that, my weekend looks GLORIOUS: 

URNE > The Callous Daoboys > Zulu > Polyphia > Speed > Heilung > Bad Omens > Queens of the Stone Age 

Celestial Sanctuary > Asinhell > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Guilt Trip > Gel > Dying Wish > Enter Shikari > The Offspring > Pantera > Fall Out Boy 

Royal Republic > Code Orange > Thy Art Is Murder > Electric Callboy > Limp Bizkit > Machine Head > Avenged Sevenfold

Did you notice Pentera overlapping heavily with Fall Out Boy. I only ask as checked how it panned out

52 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Is Busted at Download full on 'The Game's Gone' territory?

And some people thought Muse were too soft for Download.

Though tbf I'm not sure if they'd draw enough people away from Queens of the Stone Age. I could be wrong and knowing me, probably am.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Though tbf I'm not sure if they'd draw enough people away from Queens of the Stone Age. I could be wrong and knowing me, probably am.

Tent will be full. 

Just now, charlierc said:

They’ll draw a massive crowd I’m sure of it. Guessing this years lineup will draw a lot of non-metalhead/more pop/punk types and they’ll be all over it.